Delta SubSea Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Scott Dingman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good Company, doing what they have to in hard times to survive for all of their staff to keep our jobs!"

I have been working at Delta SubSea full-time (More than a year)

Pros

DSS has had to make hard decisions over the past 18 months. But hey... I still have a job...Look around..many of my friend at like 4 other companies are on the street and have no work and no check. So say what you want about DSS and their CEO. His job and their job is not easy I am sure but at least I slill have my job at DSS and I believe that DSS will be here in years to come. So what ever it takes as I work offshore and DSS is an offshore company!

Cons

Wish we had better benefits.....but again this is because of the industry and the required cuts to save the company and our livelihood. I am sure when things get better we all want our beanies back!

Advice to Management

Keep plugging! I imagine it is hard to make these NON popular decisions. But I thank you every day I have a check! I have to say I don't like it but at end of day , I do like my job and the company and do understand the market. I wish things were better. Dont want your jobs!

"HORRIBLE AND DEGRADING PLACE TO WORK!"

I worked at Delta SubSea full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting projects. Great pay and benefits going in, but enjoy it while you can. It will be stripped away from you little by little.

Cons

The company itself has great potential but the owners lack of professionalism and respect for his employees is appalling. He talks down to people, he speaks over them when they are trying to talk or answer questions and he screams at his employees in the sales meetings on a regular basis. His arrogance and disrespect are not spared on his customers either and numerous jobs have been lost because of it.

Advice to Management

Have respect for your employees, listen to their suggestions and allow managers to be managers instead of bullying all of them into being your puppets. Don't speak to your customers as if you are the one doing them a favor. Without them you have nothing.

""At least they have work" is what you'll keep telling yourself."

I have been working at Delta SubSea full-time

Pros

At least they have work........

Cons

Wages are ridiculously low. Benefits nonexistent. Management and executives will treat you terribly. Level of performance expected of offshore personnel unrealistic and not reciprocated by onshore support/management/executives. Illegal practices.

"Some good things and some not so good things..."

Pros

Good vision for the company and really do try everything that can be done to make the company a success. Good equipment and good core group of people that actually do care about making it all work out, even though most of this core group is not in Upper Management. Very fast paced since trying to do everything they can in the current market and makes for a good resume builder. Had alot of benefits in the "beginning" but not so much anymore, not necessarily the company's fault though, more attributed to hard times in the O&G field. Key people in lower key positions are still mostly good and hard working.

Cons

Most of the benefits that made Delta SubSea a good place to hire on have now been taken away, although mostly due to current market. Insurance rates are absolutely ridiculous and while constantly told employees are "family", the upper management truly only cares about money and every time the knee jerk reaction is how to take more away from the employees. Company is running very short on personnel and everyone is doing 2 or 3 persons worth of work, guess should be glad to still have a job. Have made couple rounds of pay cuts to help company bottom line while upper management can waste large amounts of money without ever taking any responsibility for it.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people around you - if all of us have been good enough and trustworthy enough to help you get this company this far in times like this, then we should be good enough not to just ignore and blow off when it suites you. You may have done alot of things in your working past, but you havent done it all and alot of people here have useful experience that you dont. If we are still here, its because we want to be and want to see this thing succeed.

"STAY AWAY!! FIND A LAND JOB!!"

I have been working at Delta SubSea full-time

Pros

Please read the cons section of this review.

Cons

"If the offshore personnel don't like the pay cut, then they can quit and we will hire cheaper people" -Scott Dingman

Advice to Management

My advice is to the board of directors; fire your CEO.

"Employees review"

Current Employee - ROV Technician in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - ROV Technician in Houston, TX

I have been working at Delta SubSea full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Descent pay when you work.

Cons

No consistent schedule. Family values are held in low regard.

Advice to Management

Set work schedule. Dont work your guys like there contractors. You don't have to be paid by another company every time your employees go to work. This would benefit the equipment as well, which is slowly degrading.

7. "Currently unstable market"

Former Employee - ROV Supervisor in Pierre Part, LA
    Former Employee - ROV Supervisor in Pierre Part, LA

I worked at Delta SubSea full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They try to keep the talent working and continuously seem to find projects.

Cons

No long term projects and benefits are almost non-existent.

"Nice Location Terrible Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

I worked at Delta SubSea (More than a year)

Pros

The scenery is nice to drive to work. The Friday of being off by 12 are great.

Cons

The benefits are terrible and everyone there is unprofessional

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat your employees with the same standards you want them to treat vendors and clients.

9. "A Growing world Class ROV Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

Very proactive Company, Honest even when it hurts but honest. A growing company. Doing what it takes to make it happen. A place I want to be when it get tough in a bad market!

Cons

Not many CONS per say..... other than again being very open and honest and sometimes that is unusual.

Advice to Management

Learn to take a few hours off. You are working very hard. We appreciate it but take a few hours off guys and girls!

"Not for the weak or meek. Absolute adventure trip."

I have been working at Delta SubSea full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is plenty of opportunity to grow. Anything is possible, but you have to make it happen. If you can, it will.

Cons

Growth pains. Some employees come and go merely because they were'nt a good fit. Makes for an interesting turnover ratio.

Advice to Management

Keep dreaming big, but remember to communicate clear and concise objectives to your teams.