Delta-T Group Reviews

• Part-time
2.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Joanne McAndrews

Pros
  • The personnel are very easy to work with and open and honest about positions available (in 3 reviews)

• There are no pros after your original training period (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • You are considered a independent contractor, and their aren't any benefits offered (in 4 reviews)

• Hourly wage agreement, no benefits, have always been paid on time (in 4 reviews)

1. "CT Delta T, contract therapist"

Current Employee - Out Patient Therapist/Clinician in Coventry, CT
    Current Employee - Out Patient Therapist/Clinician in Coventry, CT

Pros

Rick B the coordinator has always been awesome to work with.

Cons

For a per diem agency, they do what they do. Hourly wage agreement, no benefits, have always been paid on time.

Advice to Management

The CT company is fine.

2. "Staffing Industry"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Delta-T Group (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paced environment, Philadelphia location

Cons

fast paced environment, Philadelphia location

"Do your homework for this one."

Pros

The team tries to work together, though much of the time each is so overwhelmed the focus becomes your own clients.

Cons

Very stressful environment, management yells, very unprofessional. Misleads clients with promises that front line staff have to continuously take the blame for when the overpromised can't be delivered. Staff are placed in a moral dilemma of placing candidates that are not fully vetted.

Advice to Management

Step back, be realistic, especially with trying to recruit Independent contractors, when selling the business to clients. And learn professional as management running a business.

5. "THE WORST PLACE IN THE WORLD TO WORK FOR"

Current Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Bryn Mawr, PA
    Current Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Bryn Mawr, PA

I have been working at Delta-T Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At times there is heat... other than that NOTHING

Cons

This is by far the worst place in the WORLD to work. You make off better working in a sweat shop. The owner is sexist and a racist. She calls you dumb and stupid, they lie about your salary on your offer letter, and once you begin to work it changes. HR is very unprofessional and also makes racial remarks. There is no room for advancement, and the work atmosphere in dismal and depressing. If you try to speak your opinion on things that could improve productivity, they don't listen, and you end up getting in trouble after awhile for even speaking up. They don't care about the well being of their staff, over worked, and under paid. I've seen over 35 if not more people quit or get fired from this company and I've only been here for 3 years.

Advice to Management

Fire all the management including the owner, and restart over..

"Run and Hide!!!!!!!"

Pros

They had plenty of work....probably cause most people kept quitting.

Cons

Didn't pay consistently, or at all. No support. Only company I've ever heard that had phones taken out of accounting so that people would stop asking about their checks.

Advice to Management

Get your heads out of your rear ends and start looking around. Just replacing people over and over is not good service to your clients.

"Micro-Managing at it's finest"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Bryn Mawr, PA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Bryn Mawr, PA

I have been working at Delta-T Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They do take a chance on hiring. They will trust you if you give good results, although you have to constantly remind them of that. If you take a stand for yourself and not let yourself get pushed around they will get the hint. Care enough for holidays meals/lunches and incentive bonuses on certain items. This company DOES care sometimes it's just misplace, at the wrong time, or too little too late.

Cons

Too many chiefs, a ton of Micromanaging. No true management chain. Will not help you to achieve goals when you need it then punish you for not hitting them, even if you very rarely need back up. Takes forever for results on corporate end but expect immediate turn around when the ball is in your court. Ends up really creating a problem on employees personal life when working on projects due to last/late notice travel on projects. Too lone wolf, need more team mentality. Have to go to war for a wage increase. Very old corporate mentality, long drawn out meetings that go nowhere.

Advice to Management

Please conduct a true management chain. Work gets passed around for weeks sometimes and can make a minimum project take a month longer than it should thus adding frustration and negative temperament to the employees and roughly hundreds-thousands of dollars in lost time to the company

"The award for worst company and mistake was this place."

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Bryn Mawr, PA
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Bryn Mawr, PA

I worked at Delta-T Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are smart you will walk out before you ha e been there long enough to put it on your resume.

Cons

Required tests after awful training they call homework like you are five. Terrible management. They don't disclose it is a 45 hr work week.

Advice to Management

Sell and retire.

9. "Teacher"

Current Employee - Teacher in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Teacher in Boston, MA

I have been working at Delta-T Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible shifts and plenty of assignments

Cons

There are no cons

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

10. "Worst Company"

I have been working at Delta-T Group part-time

Pros

The best thing about working at Delta T is that it won't be for very long. This is definitely the kind of company that you won't want to stay with.

Cons

Delta T is horribly managed. The pay is always late and they will give you a host of ridiculous excuses as to why your pay is late. The pay is supposed to be weekly, but it has been almost monthly for me. They also won't tell you that your paycheck didn't go through. You find out yourself way too late when it didn't come in the mail. Then they can't process it until the next week, making it 2-3 weeks late. They offer direct deposit and even though I talked to someone about it, I still have yet to see a check deposited. You have to fax ALL of your paperwork including your work invoices. They have lost my paperwork several times, resulting in late paychecks. I make sure to always keep my fax confirmations for weeks after. You can fax your work from the school but sometimes you need to get it to them right away, and have to pay out of pocket if you don't have a fax machine. You get used to paying double after a while since there's a good chance of them losing your papers. I was promised several different opportunities but they were never brought up again. The employees basically harass me for my availability or whenever they want to contact me (several phone calls, voicemails, and emails). For as much harassing-style communication I have received from them, it always takes them a very long time to get back to me when I have questions regarding my current position, or receiving my paycheck. Every time I call them, no one answers. If you decide to work here, don't stop applying for other jobs. The pay, security, and management is all crap. Interview at other places whenever you can. For me, choosing to work at Delta T was a huge mistake and I imagine it will be that way for you as well. I'm in the process of applying and interviewing at other places. If you have a choice, don't choose Delta T.

Advice to Management

Here's a good piece of advice: Stop sucking at your job. If I could give this company a 0/10 I absolutely would.

11. "Delta T"

Former Employee - Independent Contractor
    Former Employee - Independent Contractor

I worked at Delta-T Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I'm not sure I can think of any pros.

Cons

This company does not even deserve a star rating. If you are looking for temporary employment stay clear of Delta-T and Kaleidoscope. Missed paychecks and placement in bad schools are just a few of the issues with the company.

Advice to Management

Find a way to provide employees with benefits like health insurance, paid vacations, etc ; Pay your employees on time; expand placement for independent contractors in schools outside of Philadelphia; provide professional development for inexperienced teachers; mandate that teachers attend professional development regularly; find a way to ensure permanent placement for independent contractors that have worked at a school for a year; provide independent contractors with pay or substitute positions on days when schools are closed; pay your employees on time.

RSS Feed </> Embed