DeltaTRAK Reviews | Glassdoor

Frederick Wu

1. "Being Honest"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at DeltaTRAK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working at DeltaTrak for just shy of 2 years.

I see all of these negative reviews and there a few things I would like to say.

In order to succeed at DeltaTrak, like all other successful companies is really simple.

LEARN HOW TO DO YOUR JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This company is a great place to work. The training is very thorough and the employees band around new employees to assist with policies, procedures and how the office operates.

Human resources is discreet, but when you have an HR issue that involves multiple employees then you do have to address the issue with the office to avoid future conflicts. Again, many of these reviews are from disgruntled employees.

Cons

The pay...however, is competitive in the market.

Benefits affordable for the employee only.

Advice to Management

Open door policy....always

2. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Pleasanton, CA

Pros

learning, mentorship and lots of room for growth

Cons

Pay could be better. The health insurance they don't contribute to the family, but great for single people with the health care.

Advice to Management

Keep praising workers and do employee reviews quarterly. The Owner is so nice and generous I have to say that. The workers just need to know they are valued and know that there is room to go up in the company.

"Employee"

Pros

Employees are all great people, the business is exciting and interesting.

If not for the culture created by ownership this would be an amazing place to work.

Cons

Everyone is aware of each others need to keep their head down and not to draw attention to themselves so as not to be scrutinized by management. Management must scrutinize all employees because they have to answer to the CEO who believes everything runs like clock work. In reality nothing works as it should because no one cares about anything except self preservation. Work ethic, relationships, results are not viewed as assets, quite the opposite; employees are a commodity and easily replaced.

Advice to Management

Ease up on the oversight, simplify all the processes and enjoy the results.

5. "Always something new to learn"

Pros

The company is always adding products and improving on existing ones, often using new technology. It's nice to lean new things and it's never boring.

Cons

Sometimes hard to keep up with all the changes

6. "Keeping it real"

Current Employee - Travel coordinator/ Receptionist in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Travel coordinator/ Receptionist in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at DeltaTRAK full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am a current employee at DeltaTrak- Biggest pro for me is I have the best seat in the house !
    The owner of this company is quite a Genious. The team here is amazing and we not only get our work done but we have a great time doing so. Our CEO provides many perks for us that alot of companies do not, and these are not things he is REQUIRED to do, he does it out of kindness.

Cons

As with any company there are always issues that come up and there is "politics" in EVERY office. At the end of the day what matters is how you handle the issues that arise.I always said " closed mouths don't get fed".
    Alot of these review are past disgruntled employees' and I'm sorry they feel this way, but probably best some have moved on ( maybe this wasen't the place for you)

Advice to Management

OPEN DOOR POLICY ......

7. "Inside sales"

Pros

Time card helps you to come to work on time.

Cons

Inside sales needed to do outside sales job, marketing and logistic.

Advice to Management

Poor management in coordinate sales, customer service and logistic team.

"Unpleasant experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at DeltaTRAK full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some very talented people, lot of turnover in key positions.

Cons

Be upfront with what is expected when hired. Too many surprises after you get hired.

Advice to Management

Human resources department in Modesto needs to understand and practice confidentiality. Lot of information gets shared inappropriately. Upper management needs to take control.

"If you have a shred of self respect, avoid this company."

I worked at DeltaTRAK full-time

Pros

As many people have pointed out, there are a lot of good and talented people at this company. I can guarantee you that most of them are looking for a new job.

Cons

Lots of management, no leadership. The owner wants to grow the business and capture major accounts using the cheapest components and the cheapest labor. Employees are treated as disposable commodities and the only motivation for working hard is that you get to keep your job. Good employees leave and those that are left are not motivated. There are way to many projects for the R&D group which is completely understaffed and the deadlines are ridiculous. This leads to constantly changing priorities and unclear direction. If problems occur, the number one priority is to find out who to point the finger at. Some will say that I am just a bitter ex employee but I think DeltaTrak's rating speaks for itself. There are many positive reviews on Glassdoor for other employers.

Advice to Management

Fred needs to retire and sell the company to someone who knows how to run a real business. Managers need management training.

"A learning experience"

Former Employee - Validation Tech in Poway, CA
    Former Employee - Validation Tech in Poway, CA

I worked at DeltaTRAK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was an employee of DeltaTrak for four years at the Poway Facility (R&D). Great team to work with. As a part of the validation team I was able to learn a lot about Document control, Test Cases, Testing methods. I also had a lot of opportunity to learn in other departments of Hardware and Software and electronics. This is a great place start off a career in Technology in the Cold Chain Management industry. The people at this facility are nice to work with, although the office is extremely quiet and the days can really drag if you are not busy, (usually not the case). Management has a tough job to manage how many projects are going on and it can be a very stressful at times. But overall, if you are looking to get into this type of career, this is a great place to start. Friday breakfast is nice and casual attire is a nice perk, its appreciated after going to a shirt and tie type job.

Cons

Management has a tough time scheduling projects through no fault of their own. The demand of the products and software updates is pushed through the planning pipeline at an overwhelming rate. The R&D team is a way too small to carry such a big load of projects, and as a result of lack of resources the projects tend be chaotic when something goes wrong. There isn't much incentive for doing your job right, more like who messed up and who do we have to fire. That doesn't give employees much motivation to do better or look forward to working for the company for a longer period of time. Unfortunatley a lot of the employees all share the same feeling of "I can't wait to get out of here" which doesn't make for a good working environment. There are a lot of negative reviews that mainly focused on the CEO, I never had a chance to work directly with him so I can't give an opinion on the subject. But the management team in Poway is nice and can help you gain the knowledge you need to be successful in other places. George, Charles and Jim have a lot of experience and knowledge, and if you spend your time wisely at this place attempting to better yourself you will succeed.

Advice to Management

More interactive events with employees to improve moral. What happened to the summer baseball game? Resources are a must, you cannot expect your global business to be successful with such a small support team.

"The Bad with the Good"

Pros

You can read a lot on this site from disgruntled employees - mainly ex-employees, but they were in many cases a product of their own incompetence. Send a resume to get a job and not be able to perform the duties and deliver as promised. Good employees are generally rewarded but an occasional pat on the back would be nice.

Cons

Sure the salaries could be better but the work conditions are pretty flexible and the CEO does care and listen if you take the time to explain without making excuses!! This is a small company so everybody needs to cooperate and the clocking in or filling in a timesheet is not normal so perhaps a little more trust on the management side would be a good thing plus listen more to the employees as they may have a suggestion that would make it better for all.

Advice to Management

Listen and learn from some of the advice employees have to offer when it is not just complaining but relevant. Listen and you may learn something valuable.