Deltak Reviews | Glassdoor

Craig Pines

"Growth is Good"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL

I have been working at Deltak full-time

Pros

- High growth - Rewarding work that makes a difference in someone's life - Awesome schools signing as partners - Flexible working environment - Excellent benefits to include great vacation policy

Cons

- Not so much a con, but the organization is navigating transitions within Wiley and scaling operations within the division - this is just change, not a con

Advice to Management

- You have made progress in communicating what is going on, how we are evolving and where we are going - KEEP IT UP

Deltak2016-01-08
  2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Deltak

Pros

If you want to work for a company that is working on the forefront of technology and education, this is the place. Wiley Education Solutions (formerly Deltak) works with some of the most prestigious Universities in the US. The best part about working here is the culture. Everyone has a passion for the business and they've created a solid work environment that is centered around positivity, collaboration, performance,...

Cons

Sometimes it can be difficult to understand how our business unit fits into the Wiley organization. Continued education to current employees is necessary.

Advice to Management

Focus on culture.

Deltak2015-12-07

"Great Experience"

Current Employee - Marketing in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Deltak part-time for more than a year

Pros

Really impressive, healthy culture. Unlike anything I have ever seen before.

Cons

Some areas offer more potential for growth than others.

Deltak2014-09-24

"Deltak is a fabulous place to work!"

Current Employee - Academic Services Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I have been working at Deltak full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get a chance to work with people who are not just intelligent and capable, but friendly, positive, and caring. Superb culture and collaborative environment. Flexible work conditions which allow individuals to produce their best work.

Cons

The company is rapidly growing, so it is hard to find time and space to share ideas across the company. The onboarding could be improved. Teams can get silo-ed.

Advice to Management

Make more time and space for cross-department and cross-team collaboration. Make sure that there are enough resources to accommodate the growth. Assign another employee (not just the manager) to help during the onboarding process.

Deltak2014-03-12

"Great company with even great potential"

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Maitland, FL

I have been working at Deltak

Pros

Employees are treated very fairly with excellent pay and excellent work/life balance. Employees are expected to work hard and are able to play hard. Paid time off is generous and ability to adjust your schedule when needed is almost always available. Fun environment and casual but professional atmosphere.

Cons

The company is growing rapidly so still figuring a few things out. Good part about this is they do seek and pay attention to feedback from employees.

Deltak2012-05-20

"Fun environment with a lot of hard working people who have a passion for what they do"

Current Employee - Brand Manager in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at Deltak

Pros

Great co-workers Great benefits Employee recognition and career planning We get to help people further their education and I truly believe that this company is improving higher education

Cons

Location (driving to Oak Brook from the city is a rough commute) Staffing can't always keep up with growth so workload can be heavy

Advice to Management

Communication has improved, but more regular communication about what's happening in the company would be great. There's a lot of exciting things going on and people want to know.

Deltak2012-05-04
  7. "Learning Tech"

I worked at Deltak full-time

Pros

Great experience working with fellow LTs.

Cons

No professional development plan for LTs

Deltak2018-06-23

"Good place to work"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Deltak for more than a year

Pros

They offer good work life balance

Cons

sometimes you'll be overlooked for a promotion, despite your qualifications and efforts... in my case it was given to someone who knew the president of the company

Deltak2015-08-24

"Hard Work Pays Off"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Deltak full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to work with a proven method to help students get the education they need for successful careers. Management is supportive with a clear vision.

Cons

Goals are high, so hard work pays off. The downside is when targets are missed - expect to see some "adjustments" that weed out poor performers. The culture is not for independent thinkers.

Advice to Management

Follow your mission statement. Reward entrepreneurial spirit again and embrace new ideas.

Deltak2015-07-01

"Good company, but culture change putting company on a dangerous path"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at Deltak full-time

Pros

- Young, energetic, intelligent and professional employees. - Flexible schedules. - up to 24 PTO (plus holidays) off - strong salary and excellent insurance - unique growth options (admissions/sales into operations, HR, marketing, business/corp development, client outreach, media services, ID) - good middle management and excellent executive leadership

Cons

- Culture slowly from one of employee growth to fiscal growth focus, making it harder to buy into the job. It has caused recent turnover on the admissions and marketing teams. - The company has not been able to appropriately scale growth. Some of the goals across various departments have become nearly unachievable. - interview process is 4-7 interviews that can take 6 weeks to 4 months.

Advice to Management

Be wary of the recent culture changes that have been made. We realize we are a for-profit company and Wiley needs to keep its stock price in the green, but you should never sacrifice company culture and employee morale to make a quarterly report briefly look better. Don't trade your long term company and employee development to exceed an immediate revenue goal. Doing so will result in further turnover.

Deltak2015-06-26