Deluxe Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Deluxe Corporation Reviews

Updated June 22, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Sometimes upper management tried to implement changes without understanding the impact that it would have to various parts of the company (in 12 reviews)

• It is really a good place to work, a good job to get your foot in the door for customer service and troubleshooting (in 9 reviews)

1. "Technical Support Agent"

Former Employee - Technical Support Agent in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Technical Support Agent in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Deluxe Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great communication between team members and middle management. Positive atmosphere. Great employee culture. It really felt like the team was designed to make you better at your job.

Cons

Unreasonable goals for employees, low pay, and lack of upwards mobility.

"Avoid if you can"

Current Employee - Product Management in Shoreview, MN
    Current Employee - Product Management in Shoreview, MN

I have been working at Deluxe Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits and salary are competitive. Working at home and flexible hours are accommodated in some departments. There are some smart and talented people here that are trying their best.

Cons

Leadership from the top down is weak and ineffective. The culture encourages department heads to be territorial and defensive because the pie is shrinking and all are desperate to hang on to their slice. Long-time employees who give mediocre performances stay on (and on) and fight any change. New hires come in with enthusiasm and fresh ideas but most find it impossible to maintain that enthusiasm past the first year. In some areas of the company, the culture is emotionally toxic, with entrenched cliques making life difficult for anyone they don’t like. Too many smart people are leaving the company because of the lack of leadership, failing product lines, inferior technology, toxic environment, and resistance to change.

Advice to Management

Management has shown time and again that they have no interest in change, no interest in critical feedback, no interest in truly transforming the company. The single thing that interests management is the stock price.

3. "Solid Company with great people."

Former Employee - Lead Generation Specialist in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Lead Generation Specialist in Boca Raton, FL

Pros

Culture. People. Perks. Peer recognition program set up to acknowledge those that live by company values.

Cons

Can get repetitive but what job doesn't have it's mundane task list?

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"Good place to be if you're willing to work"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Shoreview, MN
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Shoreview, MN

I have been working at Deluxe Corporation (More than 10 years)

Pros

Interesting products, lots of resources

Cons

Old school management, frustrating practices

"Press operator 1"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Deluxe Corporation full-time

Pros

Benefits, good co workers, decent pay for what we do.

Cons

Short breaks two 15's so your always tired. Get ready to do the job of 3 people.

Advice to Management

Don't talk down to grown adults. Give us longer breaks.

"Digital Marketing Issues"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing in Shawnee, KS
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing in Shawnee, KS

I have been working at Deluxe Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

-Direct Manager/ Coworkers
    -Spacious Desk (Really, my desk is huge.)
    -Casual dress
    -Sometimes clients don't yell at you all the time

Cons

-No set hierarchy for advancement. Growing workforce should also mean expanding the ladder instead of shrinking it
    -Internally speaking, Deluxe is incredibly disorganized. Using glorified Excel sheets as the main place to go for internal documents/knowledge is outdated
    -No sharing of knowledge across departments!! This should be a GIVEN. How many times do we need to come off as unprofessional because we don't have a central place for knowledge???
    -Pay across the department for the same position is wildly different. There shouldn't be 20k+ in a pay difference for the same role with minimal difference in work experience/education between workers
    -Invest in technology that works and is efficient! Period

Advice to Management

Invest in what you got before you lose more business

"Needs work"

Former Employee - Inbound Sales Lead/Technical Support Agent in Olathe, KS
    Former Employee - Inbound Sales Lead/Technical Support Agent in Olathe, KS

I worked at Deluxe Corporation (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed working with my coworkers.

Cons

In my opinion there was not enough training to do the job effectively.

8. "5-Year Anniversary"

Current Employee - Direct Checks Marketing Operations Associate in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Deluxe Corporation (More than 5 years)

Pros

Outstanding leadership and a positive work atmosphere.

Cons

Not enough companies that treat their employees like Deluxe does.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"DON'T WORK HERE"

Current Employee - Composition in Groton, MA
    Current Employee - Composition in Groton, MA

I have been working at Deluxe Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The job itself is not difficult when you get the hang of it. In Composition, anyway.

Cons

The major goal that seems to define the decisions of upper management is, "What can we implement or take away next to slide the knife a little deeper into the backs of our employees?"

If you work harder, you get punished. There is no such thing as recognition here. Our stats are based on one single type of work, despite the fact that there are many other types of work here. If you take on the responsibility of other types of work that NEED to get done, then you get behind in the regular type of work, and that's the only thing they count. They don't count any other kind of work on your stats. But now you're stuck doing this extra work because they just keep giving it to you to do. So your stats suffer.

It seems like at least once month, they take away some little thing we all enjoyed and implement something that further restricts or oppresses us.

They don't care about you. All you are is an extension of the computer. You're not a human with rights and feelings and needs and lives outside of the office. You don't have other priorities in life. If you need to change your hours because you need to pick up your kid from school, too bad.

They have zero consideration for difficult circumstances. You either work the hours or you don't work here. They are unwilling to make any changes in regards to work stations and the quality of the work environment. We have a bunch of older women in here coughing and dying and they won't fix the air quality.

The insurance is a joke. There's no such thing as a 'promotion'. There's no upward momentum. The pay is pathetic and unsustainable. Our annual 'raises' NEVER exceed a dollar. They ask us to work with out-of-date systems and work impossible magic because they refuse to understand what we even do here.

My advice to anyone looking to apply for a job at Deluxe Corporation is: Don't. Just don't. You will regret it.

Advice to Management

Try imagining your employees as human beings and adults. We aren't children, we aren't machines. We have rights and needs. ASK US what we need and LISTEN when we tell you. We perceive you as cold-blooded and imbecilic. Try having a heart. Try learning exactly what we do here so you don't ask us to do the impossible. Try improving the work environment.
    Unhappy employees are unproductive. You wouldn't have to hire so many temps if you made your current employees happy. If we were happy, we could focus and our ability to be productive would be multiplied tenfold.

"Great company.....if you don't want to go anywhere"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Deluxe Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Small company with good people/culture
    -Decent benefits package
    -Good work/life balance

Cons

-Minimal growth opportunities
    -Get want you want for compensation when you start, because once you're there, the comp rewards/pay increases are very rare.
    -Layoffs EVERY Fall

Advice to Management

Reward your employees, create promotional opportunities