Deluxe Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Deluxe Corporation Reviews

Updated June 17, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Only the upper management fares well (in 11 reviews)

• It is really a good place to work, a good job to get your foot in the door for customer service and troubleshooting (in 9 reviews)

1. "Rewards Specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Pros

Amazing place to work. More like family than a team

Cons

I have no cons to add

"Psprint- one of the Deluxe companies"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I worked at Deluxe Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the employees are nice but they often get wise and move on. The loyal ones try to stick it out through all the abuse until they crack and quit, despite not having landed another job yet.

Cons

I STRONGLY encourage anyone considering work at Psprint to read their company reviews on Glassdoor. Psprint is the worst company imaginable to work for. It is a soul sucking place no matter which dept. you work in, with zero opportunity for advancement or raise. Employees are treated very poorly. Don't take my word for it- if go for an interview observe the tense environment and tale note of the miserable faces you pass by. Only the upper management fares well.

The neighborhood is also really sketchy- there are break-ins, car and property thefts, muggings, and body dumps. Someone was once shot in the morning and dragged themselves our front entrance. An employee helped them inside to escape further shots and called 911. They were criticized for having brought them onto our property. Sure, I understand the 'legal risk' but think of the alternative.Yet another example of company vs human interest.

Advice to Management

Take another look at how the company is being run at the top. Several employees tried to let Deluxe know but were ignored. Better business practices are beneficial.

3. "Administrative Assistant"

Current Employee - Receptionist Administrative Associate in Clarendon Hills, IL
    Current Employee - Receptionist Administrative Associate in Clarendon Hills, IL

I have been working at Deluxe Corporation (More than 10 years)

Pros

Wonderful employees, good benefits all team players.

Cons

I don't have downsides to say

4. "Client Consultant, Strategic Sourcing"

Current Employee - Client Consultant, Strategic Sourcing in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Client Consultant, Strategic Sourcing in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Deluxe Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I am a recent addition to the Deluxe family through a Deluxe acquisition and I now have opportunities for growth; whereas, with my previous position, I has at the pinnacle of my career 3 year after starting. Furthermore, my immediate managing team is very flexible and receptive to my opinions and have proven several times that they are willing to listen, learn, and adjust to my needs.

Cons

The biggest obstacle with working for a (most likely any) corporation is the detachment between departments, in my current experience. Also, it is difficult to get direct answers as so many things have to be kept 'classified' until they have been worked through an a higher level resulting in answers that really circle the question you are asking.

Advice to Management

I would like to see management work more intimately with the level of employees that are customer facing. I would also like to management refuse to answer a question, granted you provide insight, instead of dance around what is being asked.

5. "receptionist"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Deluxe Corporation (More than a year)

Pros

Working with customers over the phone, working for a company that has great pay and flexible hours, working with coworkers that are team players as such as myself.

Cons

Working with irrate customers which I worked with to resolve any problems they had in a calmy matter.

Advice to Management

Great management, very nice, well spoken, very well to get along with.

"Treats employees like children"

Former Employee - Logo Artist in Groton, MA
    Former Employee - Logo Artist in Groton, MA

I worked at Deluxe Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the employees were really nice.
    Regular break/lunch schedule.
    Overtime pay for those who want to work overtime.

Cons

Archaic "points" system for discipline.
    Had to scan your fingerprints to enter and exit the building.
    Can't be more than 5 minutes late without losing a point, but you can't get into the building early either so you had to sit in your car no matter how cold it was if you were early.
    No appreciation for a job well done but quick to point out mistakes.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like responsible adults rather than children needing to be micromanaged every second of the day.

7. "good place"

Former Employee - Category & Product Manager in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Category & Product Manager in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Deluxe Corporation (More than 3 years)

Pros

I like working there the people were great

Cons

there was nothing I didn't like

8. "Inbound call center in the dealer channel"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Groton, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Groton, MA

I have been working at Deluxe Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really nice people and management. They are really encouraging and coach you to succeed. Lots of training, would benefit from more in depth & follow up training after going live for a time.

Cons

The small business division, called core, is difficult - need you to be really pushy w/sales. The customers don't like it and often get frustrated.

"Company has treated me very well"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, CA

I have been working at Deluxe Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Been working here many years now and they've treated me very well. I bet most of the negative reviews are from employees that weren't good at their job. The sales dept is full of lazy people and complainers, but for those who are positive the rewards are great.

Cons

Sales is the hardest dept they have there, and they hire a lot of people who aren't right for sales, and then of course those people fail and then hate the company. So you better know that you can handle a sales environment before working there. Most average people can't.

Advice to Management

Put more effort into hiring real sales people, instead of getting these people from fast food joints and trying to force them to become a salesman. It takes a drive that your average lazy shlub doesn't possess.

"For the Love of Small Business"

Current Employee - Design Services in Groton, MA
    Current Employee - Design Services in Groton, MA

Pros

There are a lot of great people, great collaborative efforts, opportunity to try and learn new things that would ordinarily be out of scope for you. There is a lot of celebration. A lot of employee events and recognition programs. Having an evolving product line keeps the job interesting.

Cons

There seems to be a lot of animosity between the younger employees and the older employees. The employees with a lot of tenure believe that tenure should earn special privileges, and the younger employees believe their fresher skill sets should earn the same.

Advice to Management

Spend some time doing the jobs that you oversee. I'm not talking about shadowing and watching, actually get your hands dirty and learn how to do the job your employees do every day. It will change the dynamic of conversations you have with your team.