Deluxe Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Deluxe Corporation Reviews

Updated February 15, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Excellent Benefits and work/life balance (in 25 reviews)

• Wonderful employees, good benefits all team players (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • Only the upper management fares well (in 10 reviews)

• It is really a good place to work, a good job to get your foot in the door for customer service and troubleshooting (in 9 reviews)

"SoftwareEngineer"

I have been working at Deluxe Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

work life balance is good

Cons

pay and benefits not competitive

"Motivating and friendly environment"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Coordinator in Shoreview, MN
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Coordinator in Shoreview, MN

Pros

- Flexible work/life balance
    - Avg. benefits and competitive pay
    - Managers genuinely care about your goals and want to help you get to where you want to be
    - Very friendly, fun, and hard-working coworkers

Cons

- I can't find any so far!

"Not sure why I thought working there was a good idea"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Deluxe Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Only pro to working there is everyone knows Deluxe because of their checks, they basically invented the check and the check system. Management does actually care here at least and they have an open door policy.

Cons

The sales trainer should own the majority of Starbucks shares. He's so infatuated with Starbucks he'll take each training class to the local coffee shop to show Starbucks how dedicated of a loyal customer he is. Sales training is far too long, dry and boring. They don't train any selling techniques they just train you when to pitch products. Most reps there work for Amway on the side and have Amyway product loaded on their desks. the corp recruiter is also an Amyway rep Pay is very low $11-12/hr plus commissions, the commissions are minimal at best. The sales process is up-selling customers who call in to order checks, that's all it is. Try to sell extra crap like check book binders, pens, cups, calendars, website design, t-shirts, marketing materials etc. Its solely taking inbound calls one after another so you're chained to your desk. Micro-management is high. You can't control your business and sell like you want, that's why I left. Majority of sales reps are just customer service trolls, they couldn't sell water to a man on fire.

Advice to Management

Keep up good work with open door policy, good luck hiring and keeping top sales talent. Once they've figured out the mistake they made working there they quit.

5. "Rewards Specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Pros

Amazing place to work. More like family than a team

Cons

I have no cons to add

"Psprint- one of the Deluxe companies"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I worked at Deluxe Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the employees are nice but they often get wise and move on. The loyal ones try to stick it out through all the abuse until they crack and quit, despite not having landed another job yet.

Cons

I STRONGLY encourage anyone considering work at Psprint to read their company reviews on Glassdoor. Psprint is the worst company imaginable to work for. It is a soul sucking place no matter which dept. you work in, with zero opportunity for advancement or raise. Employees are treated very poorly. Don't take my word for it- if go for an interview observe the tense environment and tale note of the miserable faces you pass by. Only the upper management fares well.

The neighborhood is also really sketchy- there are break-ins, car and property thefts, muggings, and body dumps. Someone was once shot in the morning and dragged themselves our front entrance. An employee helped them inside to escape further shots and called 911. They were criticized for having brought them onto our property. Sure, I understand the 'legal risk' but think of the alternative.Yet another example of company vs human interest.

Advice to Management

Take another look at how the company is being run at the top. Several employees tried to let Deluxe know but were ignored. Better business practices are beneficial.

7. "Administrative Assistant"

Current Employee - Receptionist Administrative Associate in Clarendon Hills, IL
    Current Employee - Receptionist Administrative Associate in Clarendon Hills, IL

I have been working at Deluxe Corporation (More than 10 years)

Pros

Wonderful employees, good benefits all team players.

Cons

I don't have downsides to say

8. "Client Consultant, Strategic Sourcing"

Current Employee - Client Consultant, Strategic Sourcing in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Client Consultant, Strategic Sourcing in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Deluxe Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I am a recent addition to the Deluxe family through a Deluxe acquisition and I now have opportunities for growth; whereas, with my previous position, I has at the pinnacle of my career 3 year after starting. Furthermore, my immediate managing team is very flexible and receptive to my opinions and have proven several times that they are willing to listen, learn, and adjust to my needs.

Cons

The biggest obstacle with working for a (most likely any) corporation is the detachment between departments, in my current experience. Also, it is difficult to get direct answers as so many things have to be kept 'classified' until they have been worked through an a higher level resulting in answers that really circle the question you are asking.

Advice to Management

I would like to see management work more intimately with the level of employees that are customer facing. I would also like to management refuse to answer a question, granted you provide insight, instead of dance around what is being asked.

9. "Sales"

Pros

Good benefits, good team, people are able to manage their territory as they would run their own business. This has up sides and down sides to it.

Cons

product portfolio needs to expand

Advice to Management

Leaders need to learn how to coach

10. "receptionist"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Deluxe Corporation (More than a year)

Pros

Working with customers over the phone, working for a company that has great pay and flexible hours, working with coworkers that are team players as such as myself.

Cons

Working with irrate customers which I worked with to resolve any problems they had in a calmy matter.

Advice to Management

Great management, very nice, well spoken, very well to get along with.

"Treats employees like children"

Former Employee - Logo Artist in Groton, MA
    Former Employee - Logo Artist in Groton, MA

I worked at Deluxe Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the employees were really nice.
    Regular break/lunch schedule.
    Overtime pay for those who want to work overtime.

Cons

Archaic "points" system for discipline.
    Had to scan your fingerprints to enter and exit the building.
    Can't be more than 5 minutes late without losing a point, but you can't get into the building early either so you had to sit in your car no matter how cold it was if you were early.
    No appreciation for a job well done but quick to point out mistakes.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like responsible adults rather than children needing to be micromanaged every second of the day.