Cover image for Deluxe Corporation

Deluxe Corporation

Engaged Employer

Deluxe Corporation

Add a Review

Deluxe Corporation Employee Reviews about "management"

Updated Dec 1, 2022

Finance

14d

a

Commercial Customer Service Representative

What’s the best way to have a lack of compensation and incentive conversation in your department? I went above and beyond for years doing extra work, organizations etc and nothing has been reflected in pay. I thought my 5 year was going to finally show something but it did not. I’ve inquired about pay but it’s gotten nowhere.

7 Comments

Finance

109.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Deluxe Corporation~198
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Poor management and HR, lots of miscommunications(in 61 reviews)
  • "They have bad managers and leads in place who point fingers in order to get through layoff season .(in 30 reviews)
  • "Annual layoffs in certain areas limit the ability to drive success of some projects(in 22 reviews)
  • "Upper management thinks they are amazing but since they took over the reigns the only thing to show is a failing business with no growth in site.(in 21 reviews)
  • "The senior leadership tends to lose focus of what is important and senseless processes get in the way of your day to day.(in 17 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Deluxe Corporation and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great Place to Work.

Sep 29, 2022 - Sales Manager in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Deluxe has always been a place for growth, connection to the community, and creativity in serving clients. Employees enjoy a high-value operation and the ability to grow and thrive.

Cons

At the time of my employment and specific to my position - travel

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

A valiant effort

Dec 1, 2022 - Head of Department in New London, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Deluxe has made various valiant efforts over the years I was employed. I saw some major industry transition from film to digital, stereo back to mono etc. Deluxe tried hard to keep up with public demand and i witnessed the sad shuttering of film labs. My time was in the early days of digital so we had some considerable hurdles to overcome - but I always took some pride in working for the company and its brand. Good talent and good people. A large corp and so like many - certain individual hopes and dreams were sidelined - but I would still recommend them above others

Cons

Very large corp - so you would become a cog in the machine. At my time - remuneration was not quite on par

3. Join the Deluxe Corporation team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Current Employee

its a job

Nov 29, 2022 - Customer Service Level II
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is a Monday through Friday job. You get to work remotely. it looks great on your resume and weekly pay.

Cons

You have to work Saturdays every 5 weeks. basically once a month. It is incredibly slow and you take maybe 12 calls all in the morning. They also have this "no fault policy" where even if you are sick, in an accident or cannot commute to work due to an unforeseen circumstance, you will get pointed and if you get up to 7 you will be fired. The raises are not good either, you start at 17 and the highest raise is .40 cents. you do the job of four different departments and get little to no time to actually do the job functions due to "business need" you must be able to do things within two minutes including researching with multiple departments. it is just not worth the stress.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Very good company to work for

Dec 1, 2022 - Business Development Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful people. Opportunity for advancement. Good pay and benefits. Good communication from ELT.

Cons

Understaffed in key support roles. Innovation could use improvement in some departments.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great company, but is not perfect

Aug 30, 2022 - IT Senior Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

After spending 24 years at Deluxe, I would say that the best part of working at Deluxe is the people. Over my time there, I have had a lot of chances to work on many interesting and impactful projects. They have helped me to get my associate's, bachelor's, and master's degrees, and their benefits have supported my family through many life changes.

Cons

Office politics make it hard to get work done and can be very frustrating. Some of the processes for getting things done and requesting help are completely inefficient and confusing. It is very difficult to get anything done without the help of someone who has been there a while and can help navigate these processes. Pay is OK, but there is a common saying among those that have been there a while that in order to get a real raise you have to leave and come back.

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Wonderful place to work

Nov 1, 2022 - eCheck tech support in Lancaster, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Managers are awesome Steady schedule weekends off only have to work 1 Saturday a quarter. Great co workers Benefits awesome

Cons

Not enough pay for job you do if your a call center employee. That’s means universal, CCT and eCheck support

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

No Support and Sweeps Behavoirs Under The Carpet

Nov 23, 2022 - Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

IRA Matching and Health Insurance

Cons

Allows poor behavoir of management. Put your head down and do your job and don't have an opinion and you will be just fine.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good company

Nov 1, 2022 - Customer Service Representative in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great training and culture with good benefits

Cons

Feel environment is pretty strict with management

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome company to work

Oct 25, 2022 - Senior QA Automation Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company is in the growing trend with the new techs and the leadership team is great

Cons

Changing is hard and takes time needs patience

11. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Focused on Payments Technologies

Nov 18, 2022 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Payments technologies are primary area of focus for DLX.

Cons

All business segments other than Payments receive very limited investment and mostly just fund the Payments division.

1 person found this review helpful