Cover image for Deluxe Corporation

Deluxe Corporation

Engaged Employer

Deluxe Corporation

Add a Review

Deluxe Corporation Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Oct 25, 2021

Finance

14d

a

Commercial Customer Service Representative

What’s the best way to have a lack of compensation and incentive conversation in your department? I went above and beyond for years doing extra work, organizations etc and nothing has been reflected in pay. I thought my 5 year was going to finally show something but it did not. I’ve inquired about pay but it’s gotten nowhere.

7 Comments

Finance

109.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Deluxe Corporation~198
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Poor management and HR, lots of miscommunications(in 62 reviews)
  • "I have had 5 different managers for the same position (sometimes for better, sometimes for worse).(in 28 reviews)
  • "Annual layoffs in certain areas limit the ability to drive success of some projects(in 23 reviews)
  • "Upper management thinks they are amazing but since they took over the reigns the only thing to show is a failing business with no growth in site.(in 21 reviews)
  • "The senior leadership tends to lose focus of what is important and senseless processes get in the way of your day to day.(in 18 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Deluxe Corporation and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Great place work

Oct 22, 2021 - Compensation Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work. Great work/life balance

Cons

Tries to move too fast and fox thing later.

Employment Brand Marketing Specialist

The past few years have been extra busy for us, but we value work/life balance and encourage our employee-owners to make sure they schedule time for themselves. Thank you for leaving a review!

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A decent place to work, but not a ton of upward mobility

Oct 25, 2021 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home (depending on location) A relatively flat hierarchy Not overbearing A decent PTO amount if you've worked here for a while Friendly work environment Very rarely on call Decent work-life balance, as long as you set boundaries

Cons

Not a lot of upward mobility

Employment Brand Marketing Specialist

We appreciate your recognition of our culture at Deluxe! We are proud to provide our employees with generous paid time off, volunteer time off and holiday leave. We are working hard on our internal mobility strategy so we can continue to move Deluxers into new roles and projects that offer career development and advancements.

3. Join the Deluxe Corporation team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

good place

Sep 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

work life balance was great. shift went quick

Cons

sometimes could be stressful but thats every job

Employment Brand Marketing Specialist

Your recognition for a healthy work-life balance is what we strive for at Deluxe. We are happy to hear that you enjoy working here! We are happy to have you part of our team.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee

good company

Feb 18, 2021 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Allows for good work life balance

Cons

sales person pay is capped

Employment Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Deluxe. We are committed to ensuring our employees take the necessary time needed recharge and enjoy time with family/friends. With the added stress brought on by the ongoing pandemic, our CEO, Barry McCarthy, is encouraging employees more than ever to take time off.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good company with decent benefits

Aug 10, 2019 - Principal Product Manager in Shoreview, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance lot to learn in B2B space too many acquisitions which means platform and talent consolidation

Cons

leadership style is not the best

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Unstable

Apr 4, 2019 - Senior Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

New energetic CEO, Good work-life Balance at the first few months, Good work culture in the Atlanta office

Cons

Poor teamwork between groups within the company. Poor midlevel management due to lack of experience. A high rate of employee turnover. Lack of innovation and discouragement of change. Lack of honesty and transparency. Lack of job security which creates a toxic and unenjoyable work environment. A repeated pattern of quickly hiring new employees then quickly terminating their employment.

7 people found this review helpful
  8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Excellent place to gain experience, while enjoying the people you work with.

Aug 29, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Top notch work /life balance - Excellent health benefits - Wonderful family type environment. The people you work with actually care. - Friendly, helpful, encouraging and optimistic coworkers - Beautiful Office Space - bright airy, open concept cube setup - Work from home benefits - You are empowered to speak your mind and be transparent - Discount on merchandise sold on the site - Company Sponsored Annual Learning Summit, that not only enhances you professionally but personally. Employees are sent to HQ office for a week for workshops, bonding, and trainings. There is no expense spared to make you feel special. Wonderful dinners and team bonding opportunities. - Frequent company sponsored lunches, mid day breaks for fun activities, and leave at 3pm before all holiday’s - Ease when traveling with company credit card given for expenses, and not stingy on meals or transportation

Cons

- Falls below average on the pay grade scale, negotiate upfront, as there is very little room for growth where this is concerned. Yearly average “eco” bump of 2% as a salary increase. - Small room for growth in Boca location - The business growth is challenging as clients continue to leave, and new ones are hard to onboard

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good company to work for

Aug 13, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits. They invest in continuing education for employees. Great work life balance.

Cons

The company is transitioning, so there are frequent restructuring. Need to be adaptable and open to continual change.

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not A Progressive Org

Aug 3, 2018 - Marketing Director in Shoreview, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

High compensation, manageable workloads, easy to create work life balance.

Cons

Dated technology, declining business model and seems to be struggling to pivot, almost complete void of a corporate culture, weighted down by low performers who somehow have stayed for years.

5 people found this review helpful
  11. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Deluxe is like pool of opportunities

Jan 22, 2018 - Product Manager in Shoreview, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

lot to learn - as deluxe has acquired lot of different businesses over the period of time; they all come with their own systems, technology and processes. Its always good to understand and absorb the goodness from other systems & processes. Work life balance. Very thoughtful & tough business initiatives.

Cons

most of the devs are offshore. very aggressive revenue targets.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 43 Reviews