Deluxe Entertainment Reviews in Burbank, CA | Glassdoor

Burbank, CA

2.6
John Wallace

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good work environment, friendly people (in 24 reviews)

• Really great people working in day to day operations, direct management were encouraging and supportive (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • No work/life balance: you are expected to give up your personal life to serve the company (in 17 reviews)

• ZERO cost of living adjustments (in 15 reviews)

1. "Great Place to Grow!"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Deluxe Entertainment as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

All of your standard pros - compensation, benefits, perks, etc. However, I really appreciate the leadership within our company. I believe that our management team really helps more entry level employees furnish their understanding of their career, especially in the long term.

Cons

I think that there is a huge lack of communication in certain departments, which does affect the company as a whole. I think if we could get over this hump, the organization would flourish internally. We also have long work days, but I don't mind personally.

2. "Evolving Company"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Deluxe Entertainment as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart people, good culture/environment - lots of changes happening at company. Seeing leaders (from CEO down) encourage a lot more innovation especially on the technical front - this was important to me since all the technical stuff happening here isn't really advertised. Casual dress code, good place to grow & learn fast if you thrive in a dynamic & evolving environment.

Cons

Lots of opportunities for those who embrace change; frustrating for those who don't. Still designing efficient processes so can be challenging as things are implemented.

Advice to Management

Share more knowledge the technical stuff every business unit is doing - a lot of employees don't know the cool things other teams are doing

"Great people, not-great company"

Current Employee - Exhibitor Services Representative in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Exhibitor Services Representative in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Deluxe Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work is really interesting, co-workers are mostly good

Cons

Management has no idea what people on the bottom rung are doing, does not appreciate their jobs

Advice to Management

Don't walk through a department with a bunch of people who were just laid off and talk about your plans for their desks as if they're not there.

4. "Raspberries"

Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Burbank, CA

I worked at Deluxe Entertainment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Really helpful with the tuition reimbursement and paternity leave. Also the happy hours and free bagel Thursday's were great!

Cons

Not much room for movement if you become interested in another aspect of the business as you learn more about what different parts of the company performs

Advice to Management

If I'm an account coordinator that'd like to be in subtitling then why not. I mean, I already know the culture.

"Great Stepping Stone"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Deluxe Entertainment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Fun Atmosphere
    - Opportunities available for those who want them
    - Great learning experiences both technically and professionally
    - There are Deluxe alumni all over the industry

Cons

- Corporate level VERY out of touch with those on the ground floor
    - HRs first priority is Deluxe and its reputation, then you
    - You will put in a TON of over time, which if great...until they make you salaried

Advice to Management

- Directors need more support from their superiors
    - Re-evaluate what you consider "industry-standard" pay

"bad, bad, bad"

Former Employee - Corporate in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Corporate in Burbank, CA

I worked at Deluxe Entertainment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

clients are cool and have cool projects, benefits are decent

Cons

lack of leadership, no cohesion across the company, poorly treated, bad morale, poor facilities, most leaders are hobbyists and have limited financial and business acumen then the business suffers and the lower level staff are let go conversely they never get the raises when things go well

Advice to Management

define the culture and how it will be expressed; hold leaders accountable to performance and pay them to meet their objective

"The other shoe will fall"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Deluxe Entertainment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They are giving out money, but be prepared to kiss the ring and avert your eyes

Cons

A core group of long termed embedded IT mid-level managers collude among themselves to show a supportive face to the ever-rotating senior management while running an ever-shrinking support staff on patronage. While co-opting any initiative brought in by new of junior staff and delegating their efforts to a group of loyal subordinates who have made careers of being loyal followers, happy to sit under the table and gently take the scraps which keeps the dependent on their handouts to survive. A very contrived environment where making things look “as if” is the rule from the top to the bottom. One day MacAndrews & Forbes (the parent company) is going to wake up, farm out all of IT, take the savings an really modernize the companies legacy and piecemeal infrastructure.

Advice to Management

Smile

"Do not recommend"

I have been working at Deluxe Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A few people know the job and are fair. There is a handful of good leaders left. Benefits could be better.

Cons

No room for growth, most people are completely clueless. Too many cooks in the kitchen. HR is a joke. Salaries are low specially if you are a woman. Managers are doing the work of Directors and unnoticed, Directors are getting paid the big bucks and are appreciated/promoted/given incentive as if they were the ones doing the job. The forces that created what Deluxe is today have already left.

Advice to Management

Promote the people that deserve it, give them incentives in the way of salary increases . Improve health benefits and show appreciation.

"Too Big for their own good"

I have been working at Deluxe Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Steady work, super slammed at times. Benefits are standard for the industry, not bad, but could be better.

Cons

Too many cooks in the kitchen. It doesn't seem like management knows what's going on below. Very disconnected, and not enough opportunities for growth. Once you get in and do a good job, you're there for life. There's no moving up!

Advice to Management

Actually follow through on what you say!

"Great company, culture, and people1"

I have been working at Deluxe Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everything... this place is great.

Cons

My only complaint is pay. I love my job, team, and boss, but I wish I was getting paid hourly, instead of salary. I work more than 40 hours a week, and it would be great to get paid accordingly. Account Coordinators, Account Managers, and Sr. Account Managers should be hourly, or be given a huge pay increase if they are salary. If you want to retain your employees please keep this in mind. Working here is fast paced, and requires people who know what they are doing, and are the best in the industry. They should get compensated accordingly.

PPO is crazy expensive.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more... they deserve it. Especially if you want them to stick around for the long haul.