Deluxe Entertainment Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
John Wallace

Pros
  • Dynamic work environment with talented engineers (in 25 reviews)

• Well-life balance and Great people (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • ZERO cost of living adjustments (in 15 reviews)

• No work/life balance: you are expected to give up your personal life to serve the company (in 15 reviews)

"Great company, culture, and people1"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Deluxe Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everything... this place is great.

Cons

My only complaint is pay. I love my job, team, and boss, but I wish I was getting paid hourly, instead of salary. I work more than 40 hours a week, and it would be great to get paid accordingly. Account Coordinators, Account Managers, and Sr. Account Managers should be hourly, or be given a huge pay increase if they are salary. If you want to retain your employees please keep this in mind. Working here is fast paced, and requires people who know what they are doing, and are the best in the industry. They should get compensated accordingly.

PPO is crazy expensive.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more... they deserve it. Especially if you want them to stick around for the long haul.

2. "Positive management changes and environment shifting"

Current Employee - Localization Staff in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Localization Staff in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Deluxe Entertainment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- New CEO brings a fresh migration towards a nurturing, less fragmented environment
    - Several new senior management are serious, skilled and sincere
    - It takes time to turn around stagnant ideas and to weed out the grudge-holders

- Access to offsite skill enhancement classes, on-site learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, employee referral incentives, cross training opportunities
    - Benefits, 401k, employee events, developing training and onboarding programs
    - All ages, cultures, orientations, inclusive environment needing the same from staff

- Apply yourself, go the extra mile, work like it's your own company and see it pay off.
    - Stick out your neck, venture from your comfort zone of being told step-by-step what your job is, we are in a time of daily changing tech, specs and demands - EVOLVE with it people - create your own asset-value by going above and beyond.
    - Do not expect anything handed to you, here or anywhere, regardless of your shiny degree

- Most of the negative reviews lack the specificity required to address REAL issues - mudslinging - and that speaks to the character of the reviewer. If you don't have a clear vision-backed suggestion, then maybe that's why your work and tenure here suffer(ed).

- I'm one who went from a very low paying job to a slightly better one specifically by sending emails to the upper management with non-snarky, professionally courteous line item suggestions and complaints - the CEO and division President both answered with results. They are adamant about wanting your feedback and they do listen.

- I do NOT work in HR, recruiting or upper management
    - When I started here, every day was depressing, no one smiled, no raises, no advancement.
     After the new CEO came onboard, that started to change and it is still improving.

Cons

- Some managers don't risk fighting for their staff increases and promotions
    - Some staff seem resistant to recognize improvements, instead sticking to obsolete complaints
    - There are still remnants of the sneaky old guard, many of whom should have been fired when the new CEO came onboard - sloughing these egocentrics is taking too long and that is slowing progress

Advice to Management

1) Review the pay scales on a monthly basis, get everyone above $20 an hour before year end and sincerely aim to be the place everyone wants to work because of good pay and lifestyle accommodation (especially Transmissions, Vault, Shipping/Receiving - these are the backbone and are overlooked and overworked)
    2) Compose and present a concise advancement protocol and honor it like a blood pact
    3) Establish a mandate whereby all contractors and temp-to-hires are not stuck in that class more than six months
    4) Develop and enhance on-site learning and cross-training, build from within and reward regularly
    5) Get serious about SOTA refreshing of obsolete tech - we should have the best of the best gear
    6) Continue to unite under one pipeline management system, spare no cost to streamline processes
    7) The only reason this places survives is because there are enough people who really care, make morale a top priority by paying top dollar all the way to the bottom of the totem pole, and by always having SOTA tech.
    8) Company bulletin board where staff can share their gigs, premieres, awards, and real-life accomplishments - nearly everyone here has a passion that they want to promote

You must WANT staff to brag about their great job and their awesome equipment and stay to the end of the movie just to see the Deluxe logo and feel that team identity.

"Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Deluxe Entertainment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, solid pay, amazing co-workers, bagel Thursdays, random office treats, great benefits and easy to get time off.

Cons

Most people work weekends and overtime, but it doesn't happen every week and it's usually on a volunteer basis.

"Great Co-Workers and Management who Cares"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, OH

I have been working at Deluxe Entertainment full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Management listens to us and cares about out well being. They continue to try to improve the workplace. Great team of co-workers making the work life much more tolerable. Enjoy coming to work.

Cons

Need to know a lot of different systems

Advice to Management

Keep making improvements to the work environment and systems.

"Audio Video QC Technician"

Former Employee - End QC Technician in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - End QC Technician in Burbank, CA

I worked at Deluxe Entertainment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work with friendly staff and great benefits.

Cons

Hours could have been a little better.

"Exciting place to work!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I worked at Deluxe Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed working at Deluxe, lots of friendly and enthusiastic people, good potential for growth, friendly working environment, talented co-workers in an exciting industry. Managers are respectful and take the time to listen to you and work with you. This is a great company if you are a hard worker that is looking to gain experience and advance within. I went in everyday with a positive can-do attitude and I felt that opportunities were attainable. I enjoyed the perks - floating holidays, weekly Bagel/Donuts/Fruits, Summer Picnics, Summer Friday Treats, Bring Your Kids to Work Event - (I have never worked for a company that was this generous.)

Overall, it was a great experience!

Cons

Personally I did not experience any cons, however there are always a few bad apples trying to spoil it for the bunch. I steered clear of the negative.

"Deluxe is a great place to learn and grow in all areas of the entertainment world. A true leader in the post production"

Former Employee - Account Director in Burbank, CA

I worked at Deluxe Entertainment full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you are self motivated and have a thirst for knowledge Deluxe is a great place to work. You can learn something new everyday and co-workers are always happy to share their knowledge. The best and brightest from Sr. Management to the coordinators on down. And if you are the type of person with a thirst for knowledge and success Deluxe is a great place to learn all areas of the post world from sales, planning, analysis and execution.

Cons

If you are not hard working or adept at change management this is not the place for you. You need to be nimble and proactive and are expected to bring solutions to problems. If you are looking to punch a clock you will not be happy at Deluxe.

Advice to Management

Concentrate more on the interview process to only bring in the best and brightest employees that will help contribute to Deluxe's success.

"Great, supportive management."

Former Employee - Account Director in Burbank, CA

I worked at Deluxe Entertainment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is great at identifying and promoting talent. If you work hard, you will definitely get ahead. Management gives you the tools and support you need to become successful. The culture promotes respect and team work. While this is a fast-paced environment that can stressful at times, everyone is always willing to pitch in during very busy times.

Cons

The company expects proactivity and results. So if you are looking at cushy corporate job where you do the minimum, this is not the place for you.

"Great working emvironment with talented peers, solid supervision and hands-on management team."

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Deluxe Entertainment full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Competitive compensation, clear and fair time-off policies.

Cons

Lots of talented peers here, so you have to set your goal high and must not be complacent.

"Senior Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Burbank, CA

I worked at Deluxe Entertainment full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

relax and friendly working environment;

Cons

the only cons that I have is the commute;

Advice to Management

management is doing a great job