Deluxe Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Organized and experienced."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Jose, CA

I worked at Deluxe Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Integrity, opportunity, 11 year old company, industry leader. A+ rating with BBB.

Cons

Sales, you will need to be comfortable talking with people. Not for they shy and timid.

Advice to Management

Keep following the leadership skills that CEO teaches. He is a INC500 CEO and bestselling author.

2. "Deluxe Marketing"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Deluxe Marketing (More than a year)

Pros

It gives an opportunity for people to be trained to be in sales. Its an excellent way of putting what you have learned to practice through door to door sales.

Cons

Its hard work but the training and skill you get is a life long stuff that nobody can take it away from you.

Advice to Management

Need to look into the day to day management of company so that the best "contract" workers are identified and kept within the company.

3. "Deluxe Hmmm"

Former Employee - Sells in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Sells in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Deluxe Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Made some good friends and have plenny cash some-times

Cons

Seams they had some troubles with ballancing check books I think and stores tellin u to take they're check somewhere else and workin all weekens and I dont no it was messed up

Advice to Management

Pay your reps man we works hard for u so u can spends all that cash in those casinos or on those whatever man I dont no

5. "The absolute worst place to work."

Former Employee - Artwork Services Representative in Groton, MA
    Former Employee - Artwork Services Representative in Groton, MA

I worked at Deluxe Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no pros about the company at all. The only redeeming factor is that some of the co-workers are friendly. That says nothing about the company itself, but rather that good people are working bad jobs.

Cons

I started in Sales. If you've ever had to interact with Deluxe sales then you'll know how atrocious their structure is. We are forced to offer poor quality products at a ridiculous markup up to seven times per call, even if a customer states they aren't interested. We are encouraged to manually write down secure data on paper, including SSN, CC numbers, bank account numbers, and more in case their shoddy software crashes. This is not a secure business practice. When vendors or visitors would show up we were instructed to hide these papers, indicating that they knew it was poor procedure. Even if you made your numbers, or went beyond, you would be penalized if you didn't read their generic scripting word for word. They also run a blanketed corporation called DFS for Business that they try to separate from the Deluxe brand in order to appeal to customers that were so fed up with Deluxe's atrocious service that they'd jump ship, hoping that they could squeeze a few extra bucks out of a frustrated consumer before they give up on the same terrible service.
    Their marketing and management structure is perhaps the worst I've ever seen. There are major communication issues and untrained employees taking vital roles. It's based strictly off of seniority, so the room for advancement only applies if you're willing to sacrifice your livelihood to a terrible job for a large portion of your life. This should indicate the type of management you're bound to encounter.
    I later transferred to Artwork Services and it was not quite as bad as sales, but still one of the worst jobs. The management in this department is, in my opinion, the absolute bottom of the company. They are untrained, unskilled, and completely ignorant to not only graphi design, but also business management. There is a huge lack of ethical work practices, including allowing the reproduction of copyrighted material and illegally applying registered trademarks to business products (this is again due to the ignorance of mid-level management, which usually pushes to hit their department numbers, even against the advice of educated artists and help desk employees). I nearly entered into a lawsuit due to an ethics violation committed by the company. Yes; it's honestly that bad.
    I have had multiple acquaintances work at this company who all share my views. I promise you I'm being very honest and transparent. The only people who will state otherwise are those very content with an "ignorance is bliss" attitude or are very fine with settling in an easy career with minimal thinking required. If you have hopes and dreams, do not go here. Deluxe crushes them. You are better than this job.

Advice to Management

The check printing industry is dying. You are secretive with your company steering and squeeze as much out of your employees that you can without compensating them properly while stripping their benefits, including PTO. Your mid-level management is atrocious and needs serious restructuring. You're a shady corporation that skews figures and facts. My advice is to look at some of the figures being reported to you, because I've personally witnessed purposeful forgery. You might want to consider an internal audit and then clean house. Step down or restructure. What you're doing isn't working.

6. "Commission only sales"

Former Employee - Regional Manager in Tacoma, WA
    Former Employee - Regional Manager in Tacoma, WA

Pros

Earn what you are worth

Cons

no benefits what so ever

Advice to Management

Keep your team motivated!

7. "Run From Them Like The Plague"

Former Employee - D2D Sales in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - D2D Sales in Portland, OR

I worked at Deluxe Marketing full-time

Pros

Some of my co-workers. It was hard to watch how poorly they were treated by management. That is all the 'Pro' I can say about this horrible company.

Cons

Do you want to pay to work? That's what happens with DMI. They did it to me and most of my co-workers. They don't train the crew very well, send them out to make sales, and when they make mistakes, give them (myself included) huge charge backs. You are not charged back what you are paid, you are charged back what services they gave the customer. So, if you make a $125.00 on a sale, and a customer gets $250.00 worth of free services because of your 'mistake', you are charge backed $250.00. So, you just paid $125.00 to work for DMI. I fought with them over this policy, my co-workers fought with them over this policy, they didn't care. It did not, and still does not seem legal to me. After working for them for a couple months, so many of my co-workers were so in debt to the company because of charge backs, they basically owned them, it was sad. The manager I worked for was a nightmare. Most everyone thought he was mentally unstable. And, he worked the crew 12 hours a day, 6 days a week. The whole company, the management, the policies are a joke. Stay away unless you want to pay to work and be treated like dirt.

Advice to Management

Do not charge back an employee more than you pay them. This charge back policy is disgusting and gross. Quit posting fake post about how great the company is to work for. I worked for you, and not one single employee I worked with like working for your company, not one, except for management.

8. "Bad Management, Holdbacks, and no steady income"

Former Employee - Door to Door Sales in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Door to Door Sales in San Diego, CA

I worked at Deluxe Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Tech savvy company that offered a buy in tablet for a price to do work out in field, boss was easy going, training was comprehensive , easily learned all the know hows and sales packages being sold out in the field,

Cons

Was offered a very high override to get me in the door for Regional Management Position, then was offered a very low rate to keep me on board for sales, should have walked, bad pay , huge holdbacks, low rates of commission, hard work in sales field and limited sales turf was a huge issue, also no sales permits for police, limited in sales potential and felt very unsafe to work for company.

Advice to Management

Get legal and legit, quit offering high pay rates and never deliver. Never make an offer you cant back and do come sign time.

"Best D2D organization in the industry"

Current Employee - Direct Sales in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Direct Sales in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Deluxe Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Inc 500 company, A+ rating with Better Business Bureau, 11 year old industry leader. Opportunity for promotion and career with a industry leader.

Cons

pay is commission based, so this is not for part timers or people that are lazy.

Advice to Management

I agree with keeping the focus on developing leaders.

"Great company."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Deluxe Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Integrity, growth, and opportunity. If you are driven and looking for a opportunity to be a part of a great sales team they have it.

Cons

Know that this is for a face to face sales position.

Advice to Management

I agree with stay focused on the DMI leadership principles.

"Great company"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Miami, FL

I worked at Deluxe Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Filled with integrity and opportunity. Plus a great learning environment.

Cons

Consists of a lot of walking. Make sure you have no problem walking around.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on the leadership skills that the ceo teaches.