DemandZEN Reviews

Updated May 19, 2020

4.1
DemandZEN CEO Bart Bartlett (no image)
Bart Bartlett
  1. "Great Company !!!"

Current Employee - Customer Experience in Dayton, OH

I have been working at DemandZEN full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked for DemandZEN for 2.5 years and I absolutely love my job. Working from home is a huge bonus!! Great core values and everyone is a team player. Great communication with all of the team and management has never made me feel less than even if I have to ask a question 101 times till I get it right. DemandZEN recognizes each and everyone one of us and shows their appreciation by taking us on a company event once a year. Bart and Amanda exceed expectations of offering us a great company to work.

Cons

Nothing bad to say.

DemandZEN2020-03-26

Thanks for the positive feedback. - Bart

2. "Good money"

Former Employee - Lead Gen Specialist

I worked at DemandZEN full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay for renote work.

Cons

Unrealistic quotas for call teams.

DemandZEN2020-05-19
  3. "Great Company!"

I have been working at DemandZEN full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here at DemandZEN. The work I do each day is challenging, but this helps me to put my best work forward and it is incredibly fufilling. I am always appreciated for my efforts and there is great communication from the managers. I like being placed in areas where my strengths are needed and can see myself working here for a long time.

Cons

No cons at this time.

DemandZEN2020-02-12

Thanks for your feedback! - Bart

"Do Not Recommend Working Here"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Chapel Hill, NC

I have been working at DemandZEN full-time for more than a year

Pros

Remote position and flexible hours

Cons

They change the commission schedule every few months with no notice and have recently made it next to impossible for any type of advancement. They are the worst I have ever experienced at micro management

DemandZEN2020-02-19

May 6, 2020CEO

I'm sorry you're not happy with some of our recent changes. We are working with LinkedIn Learning to provide better training for our managers and work hard to keep our compensation competitive with market levels for each job role. Please feel free to reach out to me directly with your concerns. - Bart

"Make good money if you last..."

Former Employee - Lead Generation Specialist

I worked at DemandZEN full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent comps on meetings set

Cons

Managers are not of good quality and don't do anything to help overcome challenges before you are "cut"

DemandZEN2019-11-04

March 30, 2020CEO

I’m sorry you didn’t have a good experience while working with us and wish you the best going forward. We have recently hired a VP of Client Success from outside the company with 20+ years of experience to help us grow and mature our client delivery team. We are also looking into additional training for our managers as we work to continuously improve the experience of our employees. Thanks for your feedback.

"NOT FLEXIBLE"

1.0
    Current Employee - Business Development

I have been working at DemandZEN full-time

Pros

remote position, contests and incentives

Cons

Always monitored, have to do daily calls and always pressured. This is NOT a flexible remote position. I had more flexibility at my 9-5. They play favorites and hire friends-special treatment. Would not recommend if looking for flexibility and to work as an independent professional.

DemandZEN2019-04-15

June 6, 2019CEO

Unfortunately, your experience appears to be very different from that of most of our employees. We provide anonymous channels internally so that we can always be working towards becoming a better company. Here are a few recent comments from your coworkers. Why are you proud of your organization? “I am proud to work for this company because there is a very strong sense of team work, accountability, and open communication. All the employees here that I have had the pleasure of working with so far are a true example of the company values. Everyone seems to truly care about each others success and delivering the best results possible for our clients.” —An anonymous employee What kind of support offered by your organization helps you deal with stress at work? The ability to change hours if needed, take PTO and talk to coworkers all are wonderful support systems. What do you enjoy most about your workplace? I love that I'm able to work from anywhere. Right now I am working in California while visiting family. I am so lucky to have this opportunity for work and play. I hope that you are able to reach out to your manager and can find more enjoyment from your role with us. - Bart, CEO

"Business development"

Former Employee - Business Development

I worked at DemandZEN full-time for more than a year

Pros

Remote work. Nice people for the most part. Fun programs for employees like a rewards system that your colleagues give out at their discretion and some contests. The owners are very nice and seem to be trying to constantly improve things.

Cons

Do not trust their employees. They treat them like criminals by constantly monitoring their every move. Micromanagement in the digital age; it’s borderline insane. They do not just track your time, work ethic and what you produce. They track your mouse and keyboard movement to get an activity percentage, they take multiple screenshots of your computer every 10 minutes (literally) of every hour of everyday. They monitor voice and video. Read messages and emails. This causes stress, anxiety and a feeling of distrust in the environment leading to a high turnover rate. Which is why I left. The days are smartly planned out to the tee; and add that to the monitoring software they use, you feel like you can’t even run to the kitchen and make coffee without getting dinged for 3 minutes of low activity. They don’t want to pay for a cent of time that you are not sitting there grinding away. I was even told to clock out if the mail carrier rang the doorbell. What happened to two 15 minute breaks in the work day?

DemandZEN2018-07-18

July 31, 2018CEO

Thank you for your feedback. We regret that aspects of your experience with DemandZEN fell short of your expectations and caused feelings of stress, anxiety, and distrust. While we strive to implement tools that enable us to run more effectively and efficiently as 100% remote company, we understand that monitoring can feel like micromanagement and “big brotherish”. Typically, we use monitoring resources as a way to dive deeper into issues, such as quality assurance for client campaigns or to help an employee who is struggling in a specific area. However, your feedback has led us to take a closer look at how we communicate and manage the use of such tools. We trust and believe in our employees, and it is important this is conveyed by our actions.

8. "Love this company"

I have been working at DemandZEN full-time for more than a year

Pros

DemandZEN is one of the best companies I've ever worked for. Great culture, great leadership, and just a great company.

Cons

I really can't think of any cons.

DemandZEN2018-06-29

July 10, 2018CEO

Thanks for the positive feedback and being part of our team!

"Couldn't ask for more..."

Current Employee - Research Ninja in Thompson, IA

I have been working at DemandZEN full-time for less than a year

Pros

The tools to do my job are cutting edge, the training and ongoing support are top notch, growth is high and at the same time, DZ are keeping up with it. Benefits are exactly where they should be and I honestly can say I have no plans to ever leave. It's a working family of remote individuals. Amazing!

Cons

I have no criticisms...only positive feelings.

DemandZEN2017-12-13

December 31, 2017CEO

Glad you are enjoying your job. Thanks for your feedback on ongoing contribution to DemandZEN. - Bart

"Business Development Manager"

4.0

I worked at DemandZEN full-time

Pros

Family orientated and very friendly

Cons

High-stress levels and lack of training plan.

DemandZEN2017-12-25

December 30, 2017CEO

We are always trying to improve our training and onboarding process and appreciate your feedback. - Bart

Found 17 reviews