DemandZEN Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Bart Bartlett

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Love this company"

I have been working at DemandZEN full-time (More than a year)

Pros

DemandZEN is one of the best companies I've ever worked for. Great culture, great leadership, and just a great company.

Cons

I really can't think of any cons.

Jul 10, 2018 – CEO

Thanks for the positive feedback and being part of our team!

2. "Business Development"

I worked at DemandZEN full-time

Pros

Remote job, no commute, no dress code

Cons

Schedule is NOT flexible and you are micro managed. Every click of the mouse is monitored and you do not work independently at all. Lead lists are not accurate. Managers do not train you well to the job efficiently.

Nov 2, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for your post; At DemandZEN, we welcome any and all feedback as it helps us grow and improve as an organization! DemandZEN has a unique environment that allows employees to work out of... More

"Business development"

Former Employee - Business Development
    Former Employee - Business Development

I worked at DemandZEN full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Remote work. Nice people for the most part. Fun programs for employees like a rewards system that your colleagues give out at their discretion and some contests. The owners are very nice and seem to be trying to constantly improve things.

Cons

Do not trust their employees. They treat them like criminals by constantly monitoring their every move. Micromanagement in the digital age; it’s borderline insane. They do not just track your time, work ethic and what you produce. They track your mouse and keyboard movement to get an activity percentage, they take multiple screenshots of your computer every 10 minutes (literally) of every hour of everyday. They monitor voice and video. Read messages and emails. This causes stress, anxiety and a feeling of distrust in the environment leading to a high turnover rate. Which is why I left. The days are smartly planned out to the tee; and add that to the monitoring software they use, you feel like you can’t even run to the kitchen and make coffee without getting dinged for 3 minutes of low activity. They don’t want to pay for a cent of time that you are not sitting there grinding away. I was even told to clock out if the mail carrier rang the doorbell. What happened to two 15 minute breaks in the work day?

Advice to Management

Trust your employees. The monitoring every possible aspect of their day that you legally can is too much. It causes hostility. I know there is a high turnover rate, myself included and this is the reason why. I think you guys have some great tools and programs in place for employees but the monitoring has to stop. Also have a few select people do sourcing. There are to many hands in the pot. There is a lot of bad data and inconsistencies in the records.

Jul 31, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for your feedback. We regret that aspects of your experience with DemandZEN fell short of your expectations and caused feelings of stress, anxiety, and distrust. While we strive to... More

"DemandZEN encourages employee growth"

I have been working at DemandZEN full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

DemandZEN prioritizes employee growth. Since I began working at DemandZEN, I have had an incredible number of opportunities to expand my skill set. Agency work is exciting because you're working on various clients with a wide range of solutions. Management wants to hear your ideas, and I am constantly pushed to perform better and think outside the box. Our team is in constant communication, and we all push each other to succeed. We're all over the world, but it doesn't really feel like it.

The flexibility of working from home means I can drop everything to run an errand (if I don't have a meeting!) or log on in the evening if I know that's when I'll be the most productive.

This is honestly the best job I've ever held. We are asked to provide high quality work for ourselves and our clients, and we work hard to achieve that. Our work matters to this company and our clients, and our voices get heard when we have concerns or questions. At the end of the day, I'm proud of what we are able to accomplish for our clients, which is a really great feeling.

Cons

Sometimes it can be hard to step away and be done with work for the day. On the flip side, other employees might find the work-from-home setting difficult if they don't have the ability to get motivated or if they have too many distractions. You definitely have to have a certain mindset to get the most out of working from home. And a nice home office with a door you can close makes working from home easier if you have kids or pets you can't exactly hide from during work hours.

Advice to Management

Stay on target! You've done great work growing this company and bringing on awesome talent. Just a matter of continuing that success.

Dec 30, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for your candid feedback! I appreciate the challenges with maintaining a work/life balance when you work from home. We are doing our best to support our employees with this challenge while we... More

"Business Development Manager"

I worked at DemandZEN full-time

Pros

Family orientated and very friendly

Cons

High-stress levels and lack of training plan.

Advice to Management

Make solid plans as to how to train employees and stick with them.

Dec 30, 2017 – CEO

We are always trying to improve our training and onboarding process and appreciate your feedback. - Bart

6. "Couldn't ask for more..."

Current Employee - Research Ninja in Thompson, IA
    Current Employee - Research Ninja in Thompson, IA

I have been working at DemandZEN full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The tools to do my job are cutting edge, the training and ongoing support are top notch, growth is high and at the same time, DZ are keeping up with it. Benefits are exactly where they should be and I honestly can say I have no plans to ever leave. It's a working family of remote individuals. Amazing!

Cons

I have no criticisms...only positive feelings.

Advice to Management

As we grow, let's continue to stay focused.

Dec 31, 2017 – CEO

Glad you are enjoying your job. Thanks for your feedback on ongoing contribution to DemandZEN. - Bart

7. "Good Company to Learn and Grow"

I have been working at DemandZEN full-time

Pros

DemandZEN makes it easy to learn more and grow your career. By stressing the importance of staying on top of new tools and methodologies, DemandZEN helps grow your abilities. DemandZEN is also very family-oriented, so when "life-happens" it's a lot less stressful and, aside from that, allows you to be there for your family and not miss out on the memories, especially when combined with the generous PTO policy.

Another core value is "owning results" so it results in a very skilled professionals turning into a tight-knit team that works to help each other succeed. Great team dynamic.

Working from home allows you to work when you feel at your most productive, so if you need to take a break to re-group, you can.

Cons

Sometimes hard not to take work home with you.

Nov 30, 2017 – CEO

Actually, it's impossible not to take work home with you! We are definitely always trying to improve upon the work/life balance while we remain a 100% remote company. - Bart

"DemandZEN - A great company to grow professionally at!"

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at DemandZEN full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

DemandZEN is a family oriented, 100% remote company that values diversity, honest and open communication, and delivering amazing results to our clients. I have worked here for over 2 years and the atmosphere has been fantastic to grow professionally. I can honestly say I love the work we do!

Cons

I have ZERO cons about DemandZEN

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! This company is growing fast and has a bright future ahead!

Thanks for your input! - Bart

9. "Business Development Manager / Training"

I have been working at DemandZEN full-time

Pros

The Pro's...well, there are many! First and foremost, The Owners, truly care about each and every employee. Family Oriented is one of the main reasons I accepted their offer. They have amazing benefits and flexibility for a very busy singly mother. I've been working for DemandZEN one year this November 28th and hands down the best company I have ever worked for! We are a team but also a family. Working together to hit our goals. Being their for one another in time of personal crisis. I feel honored and privileged to work with an amazing group of motivated individuals and as a whole are great people!

Cons

Only con I can think of would be disgruntled ex-employees wasting time stringing a web of lies! While employed here at DemandZEN EVERYONE is happy and feels blessed to be apart of such an amazing company. Some however....reap what they sew!!

Advice to Management

You are all excellent people, with the same goals in mind. Its simple! Always looking at new ways of improving processes so all including the employees are successful!

Nov 10, 2017 – CEO

We do our best to be lead by our company values and appreciate your input! - Bart

10. "I love DemandZEN! Best place I've ever worked!"

Current Employee - Business Development
    Current Employee - Business Development

I have been working at DemandZEN full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Competitive compensation, flexible/caring culture, innovation is on the bleeding edge, everyone has a voice (no one is a number here) and they truly live their core values.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons. Our work is not easy, but the management team is constantly providing us with new innovative tools to make it easier!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing - it's obvious you care about your employees and producing great results for your clients!

Thanks for your feedback. - Bart