Demandforce Account Executive Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

Account Executive

Rating Trends Rating Trends
John Nebergall

Pros
  • The Team very much supports the Work Hard / Play Hard mentality (in 18 reviews)

• Great work life balance, fun activities with the with the whole company, team outings, working hard playing harder (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Current upper management is not good (in 13 reviews)

• work hard/play hard, can be distracting at times, time management is key (in 7 reviews)

"Senior Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Demandforce full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I miss everyone, like family

Cons

Demanding, work about 12 hours a day

Advice to Management

Work through the divestment then kick butt again

"Seriously misrepresented from multiple angles"

Former Employee - Account Executive in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Demandforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Your coworkers will be great and the environment will be incredibly encouraging.

The training is pretty good but you may be rushed through it.

Cons

You will be asked to make 80+ cold calls per day to the same leads for 3 months. Prepare to call the same person 10+ and be rejected.

The turnover is incredibly high. Everything is explained in grey terms including the commission, parking and benefits.

Days off or vacations even when approved are seriously looked down upon.

Unrealistic goals for sales targets.

Advice to Management

Innovate and let your employees be human beings. If you need a high pressure boiler room style telemarketing center to sell a product maybe the product isn't that great. This a software not time shares.

"Sunk ship"

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Demandforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There's a few good people left, but that could be said of any company.

Cons

Incredibly outdated product - good luck trying to sell a product with no differentiators with dozens of competitors.

Demolished company culture - no alcohol at events but that's okay because there are no events. Have fun trying to get to know your coworkers while you're making 70+ calls a day getting yelled at by every lead

Sales trainers - you'll probably have a pretty awful experience.

In my first month, virtually everyone who had been there for longer than 3 years left.

The pay is brutal.

Advice to Management

Find another company to work for

"Good Luck"

Former Employee - Account Executive in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Demandforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best part of the job is the people you work with. They all understand how ridiculous the job is. Paid holidays and you can wear whatever you want. Just be careful because if you have a certain look upper management will get you out the company and say it was performance related.

Cons

Management just sits in their office all day while you cold call. Sales trainers are separate and you may only meet with them once or twice a month depending on how bad the team is doing.

Advice to Management

Have your sales trainers train the managers so when your gone they have something of value to the team besides sitting in the office all day wondering why the team sucks. El Segundo office is a complete failure something needs to change.

"Sinking Ship with a Stingy Captain (IB)"

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Demandforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hands down the people. As long as you have some decent social skills, you'll easily fit into one of the many clicks of people who work here.

The pay is pretty solid (assuming you hit 90-100% consitently) - but ONLY if you were grandfathered in from Intuit. (IB now pays about 20-30% less to new people getting hired)

The president of sales is probably one of the best leaders you will ever come across. He deeply cares about everyone's well being and genuinely wants everyone to suceed. Middle management, I can't say which much conviction.

Cons

Internet Brands (owner) is straight up cheap.. They banned alcohol and basically destroyed the "work hard, play hard" culture this company was founded on (even though I hate that phrase). Ok so you can't drink, big deal. But along with the alcohol went all of the exciting events, company get togethers (that in the golden era were amazing - thanks intuit) and overall excitement that once was felt in the office. Now you can join the call center of a cheap company who shoves all their employees down on one floor, with two bathroom stalls.Margins, margins, margins... They never even announced a holiday party.. First time I've ever heard that happen, even when DF was a start up 15 years ago.

Advice to Management

Stop being cheap... Value the people who do well and create a more exciting environment because you will CONTINUE to lose all of your best talent employees, and you'll be left with the ones who have no one to look up to when it comes to getting better.

7. "Recommend it"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The people and managers are great to work with day in and out. Expect to be pushed for your own personal growth.

Cons

New ownership, things may be going downhill. Losing a lot of great talent.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"Nahhh"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Demandforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- It is great for the immediate college graduate, ignorant to the world and what is really out there. This "honeymoon" phase, however, ends quickly. Disclaimer: I am not one of the recent graduates, this is just what I have observed.

- Great snacks.

- The product is good.

- It will be really gratifying to leave.

Cons

- Since I was an LDR, drastic changes have occurred at DF, including massive layoffs. The worst part about it is that the changes are sprung on current employees, without any notice or warning. Quite frankly, you could lose your job in the blink of an eye if you don't fit in with their ever changing system. You are and will be expendable at this company, even more so than the average salesperson.

- Extending on my first point, one of the big changes is a new office in LA. DF is most likely relocating to El Segundo next year. Even more, they are consoldiating our existing three floors of people all onto one floor at the start of the year. Cant wait.

- The trainers are terrible and a wasted investment.

- Have fun waking up to be at work between 7:00PM-7:30PM!

- Vacation is an illusion. You only get it if you "deserve" it... Don't expect anything.

- My biggest issue is the unfulfilled promises. If you want to create a "start-up culture" and advertise the company as such, then follow through on that, not only when it's convenient for you.

Advice to Management

I'm an objective employee. Take my lists seriously. I have no resentment towards DF.

"Right company, wrong geography"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Great people, great community casual environment and stocked snack stations. The sales training is fantastic and everyone works hard together to make our numbers. Not easy but if you hit your number, the money is good.

Cons

Very difficult to be a pragmatist in the land of dreamers. Company is bottom line focused surrounded by a business culture in the Bay Area that happily hemmorages money. Since the purchase by IB, company is being run for a profit and a small but vocal group here doesn't like that.

Advice to Management

Don't listen too much to the complainers. I like it here and if making a profit gives me a future, I'm all for making a profit.

10. "Ok"

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Demandforce (More than a year)

Pros

Really cool first inside sales job

Cons

Not much advancement past account executive or manager.

Advice to Management

Keep it up

"Good Place to Cut Your Teeth in Tech/Phone Sales"

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

Pros

- Great training program for the first quarter
    - I learned more here in a year than at my former job in six
    - Fun outings when you hit quota
    - Catered lunches and snacks (but that's to keep you working so you never leave for a break)
    - I'd recommend to someone who wanted to learn via trial by fire - it's rough, but you gain a lot of experience in a short amount of time if you can push through

Cons

- Very much sink or swim - there's no "getting by" here - they'll fire you the moment you stop performing
    - Long hours expected. 6am-7pm not unusual, which is rough on lower salary
    - Must have nerves of steel or you'll break - I've witnessed it many times, especially with younger employees
    - Managers can be unprofessional
    - 50+ cold calls a day can be hard to achieve in between software demonstrations and customer calls (hence the long hours to fit it all in)
    - Calls are counted and recorded, so you'll be very micromanaged here
    - Leads have been called for a number of years and often threaten to take legal action if we don't stop calling - your manager will still tell you to keep calling

Advice to Management

Figure out a way to pivot so you're not calling the same leads over and over...and over again.