Denso Manufacturing Tennessee Reviews in Maryville, TN | Glassdoor

Maryville, TN

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jack Helmboldt

Pros
  • Good benefits system on promotion (in 7 reviews)

• I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a great job, with good job security, and I honestly have nothing bad to say about them (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • No work/life balance, told "no personal conversation, talk is business" (in 4 reviews)

• It is very top heavy and upper management is completely overpaid (in 2 reviews)

1. "good job"

Current Employee - Production Associate in Maryville, TN

I have been working at Denso Manufacturing Tennessee full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great benefits, pay reasonable

Cons

lots of weekends, lunch room

Advice to Management

N/A

2. "Denso Maryville"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN

I worked at Denso Manufacturing Tennessee (More than a year)

Pros

Generally good benefits and pay. For the most part, the working environment is not that bad - by this I mean most of the places are climate controlled.

Cons

Alot of hours are expected. Working daily overtime and weekends is pretty much the normal expectation. Lots of changes are always going on.

Advice to Management

A good idea would be to put the interests and concerns of the employees and company ahead of their personal ambitions and career goals.

3. "Great flexible scheduling allowing for work life balance"

Current Employee - Production Control Specialist in Maryville, TN
    Current Employee - Production Control Specialist in Maryville, TN

I have been working at Denso Manufacturing Tennessee (More than a year)

Pros

Flex scheduling and very nice people.
    Going through great growth and the overall drive is very high. Opportunities to learn and advance.

Cons

Slow progress decision making. With a lot of growth comes reluctancy to change. Have experienced a lot of negativity by those resistant to change

4. "Mixed feelings"

Current Employee - Production Associate in Maryville, TN

I have been working at Denso Manufacturing Tennessee full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have a very good benefits package, very good insurance and the pay is somewhat better than average for a non-union employer. Good, clean work environment. Strong emphasis on quality and an atmosphere that allows good communication with direct supervisors. Good vacation. Good community involvement. Good employment for manufacturing industry

Cons

Mandatory overtime. Several departments work 10 hour days six to seven days a week. No time for family life. Attendance policy too strict...doesn't flex when it comes to family emergencies. High pressure environment. Little or no chance to transfer to 1st shift for 2-3 years. Can afford to pay associates more. Heavy reliance on temporary workers

Advice to Management

Allow flexibility or an exception process for discipline of attendance. Create process for excused absences, i.e. doctor excuse...rather than punish unilaterally without consideration of extenuating circumstances. Address overtime issues

5. "good job"

Current Employee - Production Expert in Maryville, TN
    Current Employee - Production Expert in Maryville, TN

Pros

benefits, good atmosphere, great co-workers

Cons

advancement in the workplace to further yourself

Advice to Management

put people in the roles to help the company thrive

6. "Maintenance"

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Maryville, TN
    Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Maryville, TN

I worked at Denso Manufacturing Tennessee full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good stable place to work. Many opportunities and training. Many advancement opportunities.decent benifits. Very stable work

Cons

Too much mandatory overtime. Below average hourly pay. Management difficult at times. Sometimes you are just a number.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people. Advance those deserving. Allow mid managemnt to have more control over assocuiate actions.

"Maintenance Technician"

Former Employee - Senior Maintenance Technicians in Maryville, TN
    Former Employee - Senior Maintenance Technicians in Maryville, TN

I worked at Denso Manufacturing Tennessee full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent Pay, good 401k, good vacation, State of the art equipment, very stable job

Cons

Management who are only out for a paycheck, lack of opportunity for motivated employees due to threat to management, company is past the hump and needs to reinvent itself

Advice to Management

Listen, promote those who earned it, quit working there just for the paycheck, invest in others above yourself

8. "Production Engineering Co-op"

Former Employee - Production Engineering Co-op in Maryville, TN

I worked at Denso Manufacturing Tennessee full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you have initiative, it's a fantastic place to learn about production engineering. Coworkers are respectful and helpful. Pay and housing allowance was very generous.

Cons

Management can be seen as overbearing at times. Sometimes work conditions were not comfortable in plant due to air conditioning not being installed on main plant floor.

Advice to Management

Understand that not everyone wants to work 50+ hours a week. Some employees get into the mindset that they need to stay 3 hours late every day to be seen as a good worker. If you encourage that mindset, you're making Denso seem like an undesirable company to work for.

9. "Bullies"

Former Employee - Production Engineering Co-op in Maryville, TN

I worked at Denso Manufacturing Tennessee full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Pro is that I get to post here to warn any up and coming engineers to avoid this place like the plague. THIS PLACE IS CAREER SUICIDE. They will impress you with their signs all over campus, and make you believe this is a lucrative job to be sought after, then once they get you in the door....

Cons

They will sit you down in a 20 year old chair (from when the place opened). And you will be sitting there thinking "I thought this was a fortune 500 company??". Then you will notice the only people who can find it in the budget for a new chair are the managers. It's a power thing for them. Then when you try to leave after your coop, and ask for a reference, they say "We own you, we will not give you reference. You will come back and work for us or we will make sure your career is over."

Advice to Management

The chair thing, although true, is just an illustration to the mentality of "we own you". They do not give you tools to make you better. Only enough to keep you right where you are. Terrible company to work for - I hope any young engineers reading this will take heed and not have to learn the same lesson I did.

10. "Production supervisor"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Maryville, TN
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Maryville, TN

I worked at Denso Manufacturing Tennessee full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, move up
    Within the company, on campus classes

Cons

Not all of upper management practices the Denso taught way. Some are micro managers

Advice to Management

Practice what is taught at Denso, empathy, give adequate time to learn a process without interference from day to day responsibilities, listen to the associates that work the line, use their ideas...it takes a team to grow not just one persons ideas. Just because one is in management does not mean you know it all and shouldn't take others advice or suggestions