DentaQuest Reviews

Updated Apr 6, 2020

3.2
DentaQuest  Chief Executive Officer Steve Pollock (no image)
Steve Pollock
Pros
  • "Great benefits, good pay, regular pay increases, easy to move up(in 21 reviews)

• "City location with free parking(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management has to keep employees in the loops(in 11 reviews)

• "The overall attitude of this individual is not a surprise to senior management(in 7 reviews)

1. "Solid company to learn and grow"

5.0

I have been working at DentaQuest full-time for more than a year

Pros

Positive environment - people seem happy to work here. I think a lot of employees really take the mission and values to heart, and work everyday to keep our customers safe, and improve availability of oral health to those who wouldn't otherwise have it. Leadership is working on increasing transparency to keep the whole company involved in changes. If you work hard, your commitment is appreciated and rewarded. Management really appreciates their employees, and show that whenever possible.

Cons

Technology is a little behind. However, the IT team is working very hard to get our teams on updated and integrated systems. Not everyone communicates in the same way - sometimes meetings and chats are difficult because some teams or people don't utilize the technology we have available. There are not a lot of opportunities to get to know coworkers outside of work. There are a lot of opportunities to meet and mingle in the office, but once or twice a year getting out and doing something different would be nice.

DentaQuest2020-04-06

"OK company with OK managers"

2.0
    Current Employee - Finance in Charlestown, MA

I have been working at DentaQuest full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent starting pay, somewhat flexible in terms of hours/time off

Cons

Managers look down on working from home, bonus/raises are bare minimum but company will consistently tell you about all the money they've made/new business they've acquired, no IT updates - very behind on a lot of software and hardware, communication within teams and between teams is either not there or not very good when it is - you will get contradicting answers from people on the same team constantly, people are always passing along work to get it out of their hands and not have to do it. Managers do not show any recognition of achievements/going above and beyond, they treat you as if you will be in the same exact position the rest of your career, don't believe the managers even know what training and development are as they don't train you either, you get training from your coworkers, so sometimes you get wrong answers or "that's just how we do it" or they'll withhold info to "keep their place. " Since so many people have been working there for 15+ years it has a high school feel to it as there's cliques, including the managers - so everyone works under a different set of rules.

DentaQuest2020-03-14
  3. "Great job"

4.0
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at DentaQuest full-time

Pros

Great incentives and team work

Cons

Many calls back to back

DentaQuest2020-02-11

"A Few Missing Pieces"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at DentaQuest full-time

Pros

DentaQuest is a good company to join out of college - especially if you want to work in the healthcare or insurance industries. My salary is higher than average when compared to my peers in similar fields. Their benefits including their 401K package, healthcare plans, and tuition reimbursement are pretty good to great. I am exposed to a lot of rapidly changing pieces of the healthcare industry, but there was definitely a few things missing. The organization felt disorganized or so large that the mission and focus appeared to be lost. To break it down there is DentaQuest Care Group, DentaQuest Foundation, the Commercial side, the Exchange side, the State Plan / Government side, etc. It just didn't feel like one complete DentaQuest.

Cons

The company continues to focus too much time and energy on growth rather than streamlining internal processes. As they continue to grow, which is great, even further stress and strain is placed on internal processes not equipped to handle increasing loads. The departments are siloed and the teams feel disengaged from one another. This is exemplified as DentaQuest continues to grow but, to me, their main employee hubs in Milwaukee, Texas, Florida, and Boston continue to feel disconnected from one another. Long story short, the benefits and pay were good. The experience was okay at best. Proceed with caution when it comes to company culture and job fit.

DentaQuest2020-02-10
  5. "Terrible Management"

2.0
    Former Employee - Analyst

I worked at DentaQuest full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can work from home when you're sick or have an appointment with the managers approval

Cons

Poor Managment. Extream micromanagment. Lots of gossip

DentaQuest2020-01-21
  6. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - BI Reporting Analyst in Boston, MA

I worked at DentaQuest full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is lot of room to grow, hard work will be recognized, multi cultural and people respect your opinions.

Cons

Sometimes there will be a gap in the communication between teams

DentaQuest2019-12-10
  7. "Nice Company"

Current Employee - Clinical Trainer in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at DentaQuest full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits, PTO, paid holidays, 401 k match

Cons

High turnover rate, production software used has many issues and crashes weekly

DentaQuest2019-12-13

"Good Benefits / Negative Climate"

Current Employee - Technical Product Owner in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at DentaQuest full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good Benefits, informal setting, allows working from home a few days a week, great people(peers)

Cons

Negative climate, too many director level managers who expect a lot but provide little positive feedback or acknowledgement, managers that drop down to the "worker" level and make changes without any communication undermining the employee. Has forever been a place that struggles with communication across and within departments.

DentaQuest2019-12-02

DentaQuest Response

January 14, 2020Social Media Coordinator

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to share your experience at DentaQuest. As we continue to grow we are working hard to improve cross-departmental communication and collaboration. We appreciate your feedback on this matter and the experience with management. Please feel free to communicate with our Human Resources team if there are any specific issues you wish to address.

9. "None"

4.0
    Current Employee - Credentialing Specialist in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at DentaQuest full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

This job allows you to work from home

Cons

Pay and insurance doesn’t compliment rash other

DentaQuest2019-11-09
  10. "Amazing company to work for"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Doral, FL

I have been working at DentaQuest full-time for less than a year

Pros

One of the best things DentaQuest has as an employer is their flexibility

Cons

Like everywhere else you go some things will never change

DentaQuest2019-10-20

DentaQuest Response

October 30, 2019Social Media Coordinator

Thanks for taking the time to review us! We're so glad you enjoy working at DentaQuest.

Found 207 reviews