DentaQuest Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Steve Pollock

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great benefits, Overall, not a bad company to work for depending on having the right people in management" (in 18 reviews)

• "Starting pay is great and you do get to work from home after 6 months if you demonstrate good performances" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management has to keep employees in the loops" (in 11 reviews)

• "Lower Middle management could be stronger" (in 5 reviews)

1. "Good place to work"

I worked at DentaQuest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is passionate about their mission of improving health for all (their clients and the general public) and is concerned about their employees' well-being. Many employees work remotely. There is room for upward mobility and the company encourages learning. Pay and benefits are good. Travel expenses are covered by the company.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about the company. My supervisor was a micromanager and often demanded work on weekends and holidays for artificial deadlines. She was more of an outlier and is no longer there. Her manager was not invested in our team and did not seem to understand our work. This attitude was not reflected by others around us or by the company as a whole, which were generally very supportive.

2. "DentaQuest, Milwaukee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at DentaQuest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, work from home, overtime.

Cons

Underpaid, glorified factory. Poor raises, they are not based on performance like they claim.

3. "Cool company"

I have been working at DentaQuest full-time

Pros

Relaxed, fun environment. Remote working opportunities. Company phone, and credit card.

Cons

Poorly defined job duties. Poor training.

Advice to Management

Step up and make time to develop your subordinate employees into the superstars you desire.

"Place is a joke"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Austin, TX

I worked at DentaQuest (More than 3 years)

Pros

Rewarding, fun activities, great benefits

Cons

I am finding it funny reading these reviews. I worked at DQ for 3 yrs, as a claims rep. One of their best, most sought after. I had to have surgery and went on FMLA. My position was given away right out from under me. When I came back (early to to see if I could have my position back), my daughter ended up with health issues. Then I got sick and even with a dr’s note, was fired! After 3 yrs of blood sweat and tears!! Now I am reading how rude claims reps are and how management doesn’t do anything.... that hasn’t changed. I miss my job, I miss what I did and who I helped. I would go back of they got rid of most management, and HR and if they’d take me back. Oh and they have run my name through the mud so badly, I am having a hard time finding another job

Advice to Management

Stop firing your best assests so you can have your own little pets! Take a look at who is there to better the company and get rid of the chair warmers.

"Don't do it!"

Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at DentaQuest full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is fair for the industry

Cons

The company has been sued repeatedly (and lost) for mistreatment of employees

Advice to Management

Get rid of Directors/Managers that behave poorly.

"Be careful"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mequon, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mequon, WI

I worked at DentaQuest full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent wages, easy commute, some nice co-workers, casual dress and no weekends

Cons

There is a lot of favortism. People are promoted based on who they know. I am trying to be careful how i word this. I had a review removed so I am thinking they are trying to remove negative reviews. I made it out alive but others were ambushed, or slowly demoted til they would just walk. Very sad. So many wonderful hard workers. But, DQ wants to grow too fast too soon.
    If you are involved in a clique, you can do anything. If you are targeted you will be gone. Simple as that.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees more than your coffee klatch

7. "R&R"

Current Employee - R&R Specialist
    Current Employee - R&R Specialist

I have been working at DentaQuest full-time

Pros

I enjoy the work I do because I know it is in the end going to a very important mission in life.

Cons

None so far that's just my opinion.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Customer service rep 1"

I have been working at DentaQuest part-time

Pros

Good pay
    Awesome benefits
    Some nice people

Cons

Training is extremely poor. The trainer is not prepared most of the time and the information given is not very detailed. They expect us to not place anyone on hold but when there is an issue with a call there’s no one around to help and everyone has a different answer. A lot of favoritism

Advice to Management

Stop the favoritism and give better training

"Lord have mercy"

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Charlestown, MA
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Charlestown, MA

I worked at DentaQuest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Location, Café, nice people, parking

Cons

I graduated college full of ambition and excitement; it all disappeared a few weeks into this position. Working at this company was depressing. The people are depressed. The technology does not work! My computer could not handle my workload, so it would freeze constantly and I would have to re-boot it. My manager even threatened to put me on a performance improvement plan! For what? They did not provide me with the right resources to do my job. All my coworkers here dislike the company. There is absolutely no room for growth! My coworker near me (THIRTY YEARS AT THE COMPANY) has had the same job for this long! My coworker behind me (TWENTY YEARS AT COMPANY) even advised me to find something new and to get out! The pay was low. Average benefits. The people are overall nice. I understand your first job out of college is supposed to be a grind; but this was bad. Once I told my coworkers I handed in my two-week notice, he envied me and began to apply for new jobs, while at work. That is how desperate people are here unfortunately. If you have been given an offer at this company, I highly suggest you think hard before accepting. Thankfully I am young, so it was not too difficult for me to find something better; however, if you are a recent grad and were given an offer, I would not accept unless out of desperation. And if accepted, work for 1-2 years and use the job as a stepping stone for something better. If you have been in the workforce for a while now and offered a job at this company, I vehemently suggest you think long and hard before accepting.

Advice to Management

Improve your technology. Pay your employees who have been at the company for decades better. Most people are depressed and it is up to senior management to fix it.

10. "Provider Engagement Representative"

I worked at DentaQuest full-time

Pros

Great benefits, Overall, not a bad company to work for depending on having the right people in management. A good company to work for

Cons

Not much of a path for promotion in this particular department