DentaQuest Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Steve Pollock

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management has to keep employees in the loops (in 12 reviews)

• Lower Middle management could be stronger (in 5 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Coordinator in Anniston, AL
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Anniston, AL

I have been working at DentaQuest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

DentaQuest is a great place to work. Great values- that they actually believe in. Do a lot of good in the communities they're in.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say.

Advice to Management

Keep spreading the positive energy!

2. "sql developer"

I have been working at DentaQuest full-time

Pros

a good place to work for

Cons

low compensation and less benefits

3. "HR"

I worked at DentaQuest full-time

Pros

excellent pay and great benefits

Cons

Worklife balance and managment team

"Customer service representative"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at DentaQuest full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun peers. 17/hr isn’t too bad for cs job

Cons

Management literally does nothing. They all sit in an office and laugh or sit on their desk and play on their phones. An email was sent for employees not to wear hoodies and the next day two managers are wearing hoodies. They care so much about metrics apparently, but when it comes to promotions it’s more about politics than work performance. Metrics only matter when it comes to raise time. No one ever gets full amount. Team Cordinators can be condescending and unhelpful. Claims department is often unhelpful and very rude to CS reps when we all should have a common goal of helping our customers.

Advice to Management

Literally start actually working.

5. "Great company"

I have been working at DentaQuest full-time

Pros

Looks out for those employees and provides a fun work atmosphere.

Cons

Pay could be better for the market and industry

"Regressive company needs to improve"

Current Employee - Member Enrolment Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Member Enrolment Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at DentaQuest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The location is commutable
    Interact with other departments
    Flexible work schedule

Cons

Too much waste of money on various software
    Management doesn’t value your input
    Budgetary constraints
    Lack of training, SoPs et al

Advice to Management

CEO mentions he has an open door policy but after speaking to my manager and seeing my input doesn’t go anywhere, I’m thinking it’s going to be the same with the CEO. The company is lacking in its structure and fails to meet goals. You interact with other departments but in prehistoric methods of communication. (SN tickets which go nowhere, inquiry tracking, flood of email request and right faxes) company is adamant about upgrading to a better system and is barely wanting to invest in multiple platforms which already do what we have available.
    They also pay you way below the national average for your job responsibilities and title because of “budgetary constraints” all the while management continues to get bonuses while all other employees get nothing. The benefits are worse as well which don’t cover anything. You figure working for a dental company, we would get good dental benefits. We end up having to still pay out of pocket on top of our premiums.
    Worst of all is the training you receive. You are hired and go through an orientation where they explain Hippa and your benefits then they take you to your department. You are then paired up with someone and shown what to do for a couple of hours. After which management puts you to work (basically, sink or swim) then they don’t tell you but you have metrics to keep track of even if you don’t know what you are to keep track of.
    Management needs to fix all these things and actually pay the employees what their job titles are representing in addition to fixing the latter. Listen to employees and stop being greedy and careless or the company will continue to plummet since you are losing clients due to competitors rates if you look at reviews and global terms

"Great individual contributors, leadership needs to take a page out of their book"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlestown, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlestown, MA

I worked at DentaQuest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice colleagues who want to do good work, flexible hours

Cons

Leadership talks about caring about employees but actions are louder than words. For a company that's profitable by multi million dollars, it's sad to see how little follow through they have when it comes to ensuring employees feel valued. From technology to recognizing and promoting high performers (not just those who know the right people), there is a lot of room for improvement.

Advice to Management

Put yourself in your individual contributors shoes. Would you want to work here?
    You've tried to increase transparency with little success. Ask employees, what does transparency mean to them? Maybe then you'll realize where you're failing and can take steps to really achieve your goal.
    Say what you mean and mean what you say. If your people are a priority, make them feel like they are. Stop being fake and listening to the loudest voice in the room.

"Individual contributor"

Pros

Benefits
    Flexible work environment
    That is about it. This is making me write 20 words but there are not 20 words worth of pros

Cons

Systems are behind the times
    Leadership does not understand the work and uses work around instead of fixing the issue
    Time to get system updates can be years
    Tons of money and time put into Salesforce and it does not work. Could have made meaningful system updates with that money

Advice to Management

Learn what your staff does. How can you support process or system improvements if you don’t understand how the work is done. Leadership is a joke

"Don't believe everything they tell you"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mequon, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mequon, WI

I worked at DentaQuest full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some nice co-workers, decent benefits, convenient locations

Cons

favortism, lack of true opportunites, "gotcha" attitude and inappropriate staff interactions

Advice to Management

This is a business and should be run as such, not as a fraternity/sorority. Look within the ranks when positions are available. Stop blaming and start fixing.

10. "Nice place"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Charlestown, MA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Charlestown, MA

I worked at DentaQuest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, set hours M-F and no weekends. Culture is good and some nice co-workers. Starting pay is great and you do get to work from home after 6 months if you demonstrate good performances. Close to the T, great views from some places in the building, believe me it will hep you get trough your day. If there are a lot of calls your day will go really fast and it will be time to clock out in the blink of an eye. Some opportunities to grow and advance. Employees are nice and most of them are willing to help without wining.

Cons

Like every other call center it's a constant changing environment with lots of info during training in a short time. It is not for everyone, but I really loved and enjoyed working at a fast paced environment. Some managers or leaders can be a rude but most of them are nice. At rush times you may or may not get help. Short Lunch (30 min) with little options around, more of a BYOL. Some employees need to be more down to earth because they think the company runs because of them and will not without them.

Advice to Management

Communication between departments need to improve. Please try to defined more specifics about some processes. The person who gave training to the group I was in did not knew a lot about processes. There was a lot of gaps and free time because she needed to go ask management or to get someone to explain us; It was a bit frustrating.