Dental Care Alliance Employee Reviews about "dca"

Updated Apr 24, 2020

3.9
Dental Care Alliance Chief Executive Officer Jerry Rhodes (no image)
Jerry Rhodes
Pros
  • "DCA focuses on patients and its team members(in 9 reviews)

• "Patient based company with not only great benefits but also great employees that make your work place feel like home(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "I have never heard or seen anyone of he assistants or hygienist get promoted or raises(in 11 reviews)

• "Some areas were disorganized, high turnover of support staff and dentists(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "dca"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Office Manager"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Westminster, MD

I have been working at Dental Care Alliance full-time for less than a year

Pros

The best part about workung with DCA is the team,my regional and my VP ,plays a part in why I am a great office manager they support me and my TEAM,they all plays a big part on a great Leader

Cons

The only challengers I have is trying to get everything done in a timely faahion

Director of Communications

That is wonderful to hear! Thank you for being a dedicated member of our team and we want you to know that we are here for you with support in any challenges that may arise.

2. "Dental Care Alliance"

4.0
    Current Employee - General Dentist in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Dental Care Alliance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Decent benefits, competitive pay, and, as far as DSOs go, they are pretty hands off. They don't dictate how you treatment plan. You are not "graded" by your production as long as you are producing goal, which is pretty generously low.

Cons

Limited flexibility in hours, typically 8am-5pm, but that could be a function of the current office and not DCA as a whole. Budget can certainly restrict what kinds of tools you use and limited which tools you could buy.

Director of Communications

Thank you for the review! We appreciate your service and all you do to help keep patients smiling!

3. "No matter what you do or how hard you work goes unnoticed and unappreciated"

2.0
    Current Employee - Front Desk in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at Dental Care Alliance full-time for more than a year

Pros

DCA is not a bad company to work for in general.

Cons

It's the individual offices under DCA's umbrella. The managers don't really know how to manage an office or their staff. Managers have their pets and create a hostile working environment.

Director of Communications

We are very sorry to hear that this was your experience. This is not the typical or desired employee experience we strive for and we would like to learn more so we can correct this. Please email communications@dentalcarealliance.com to share additional feedback.

4. "Happy Healthy Work Environment"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Pembroke Pines, FL

I have been working at Dental Care Alliance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been working in the same office for 29 years. DCA acquired my office in 2015 and it was a smooth transition. My staff and I have seen many changes but all have been for the greater good. I am blessed to have a great staff that makes going into the office a blessing not a curse.

Cons

The bonus structure could be more attainable for all staff.

Director of Communications

We appreciate your thoughtful and candid feedback, and will use every review as an opportunity to improve.

5. "Excelente company"

Current Employee - Business Office Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Dental Care Alliance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Been in the company for 9yrs. Love working for DCA, the have given me the opportunity to grow and that is something I will always be grateful for.

Cons

I just wished the pay was more due to all the experience I have, not only as a manager but as dental assistant and treatment coordinator.

Director of Communications

We appreciate the excelente review! Considering the sensitivity of compensation, we encourage you to contact your direct supervisor or our HR team (visit www.dcadice.com for contacts and email/phone #s) to discuss your suggestions. Please know that we appreciate all that you do!

6. "Exceptional company"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Dental Care Alliance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been with the organization for over twenty-two years and being with a company for that amount of time says a lot. It means you work for people who care, a team that strives for excellence, and caring for patients is not just a job but it’s the satisfaction of providing the excellent service we do daily and creating beautiful smiles that change patients lives. DCA cares about there employees and patients and it’s a honor to work for an organization that empowers there employees.

Cons

I honestly can not think of any.

Director of Communications

Thank you for the wonderful review and the 22+ years of dedicated service at Dental Care Alliance.

7. "Love working at DCA"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Dental Care Alliance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing group of people to work with! DCA focuses on patients and its team members! Great benefits, great pay! Love all my co-workers

Cons

I can think of NONE!

Director of Communications

We are grateful for this outstanding review, and all that you do to help make us #strongertogether!

"Advanced Dental Care of Brandon"

1.0
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Brandon, FL

I have been working at Dental Care Alliance full-time for more than a year

Pros

I like my co-workers and patients

Cons

Employee retention is non existent. Over a dozen employees in every position have quit in a 12 month period. Inconsiderate and inadequate management and the doctors are horrible to work for. Both management and the doctors are very disrespectful. Benefits aren’t good , You don’t get dental coverage or free dental work even though you work at a dental office and medical is very expensive. I don’t recommend working at either of their locations or for DCA in general. To them you’re a replaceable cog in a machine and not a valued team member. In all my years in this field this is the worst office I’ve ever worked for.

Director of Talent

Thank for sharing your feedback. I would like to learn more . Please email me at careers@dentalcarealliance.com.

"Hygienist Hell"

1.0
    Current Employee - Dental Hygienist

I have been working at Dental Care Alliance part-time

Pros

Great Dentists and Co-workers.

Cons

I am currently a hygienist at a DCA office. The company is increasingly obsessed with hygiene production , making more money off each patient, up selling, and seeing more and more patients per day. Quantity comes before quality. The good (ethical) hygienists tend to not stay long. The company favors hygienists that have high production even if the quality of work suffers. The pay is low and the manager was not transparent when hiring me and explaining the compansation plan. Several insurance plans equate to $0 on toward commission despite the amount of work you do and if a patient is delinquent on paying their bill it is deducted from production. These are all thinks that I found out AFTER several months of working here. Also, hygienists never recieve preformance reviews or raises. As a part time employee there are no paid time off, no uniform allowance, and very rare opportunities for continuing education. The manager is always vague in answering questions, piles administrative work on our already very tight appointment times, and has zero dental knowledge. The office constantly runs out of important dental materials that we need to do our job and equipment goes unrepaired for long periods if time. Manager does not care because she does not seem to comprehend how this impacts patient care. The manager at the office I am at speaks to patients and employees disrespectfully. She swears at employees and smokes cigaretes right outside the office. Not good leadership for a health focused, professional office.

Director of Talent

Thank you for sharing this feedback. This is not how the office or manager should be conducting themselves and we would like to learn more so we correct this. Please email careers@dentalcarealliance.com so we can connect.

10. "Practice Manager"

I have been working at Dental Care Alliance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Though company continues to grow the support staff at Corporate is amazing.. upper management guides you if needed but let's you run your practice without micro managing their offices. I love DCA!

Cons

Trying to find quality staff at the office level can be challenging. Compensation for higher qualified staff is hard to give based on company compensation rates

Director of Communications

Thank you for the feedback and being a part of the DCA family.

Found 13 reviews