Dental Care Alliance Employee Reviews about "hygienist"

Updated Sep 5, 2019

3.9
Dental Care Alliance Chief Executive Officer Jerry Rhodes (no image)
Jerry Rhodes
Pros
  • "DCA focuses on patients and its team members(in 9 reviews)

• "Patient based company with not only great benefits but also great employees that make your work place feel like home(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "I have never heard or seen anyone of he assistants or hygienist get promoted or raises(in 11 reviews)

• "Some areas were disorganized, high turnover of support staff and dentists(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "hygienist"

Return to all Reviews

"BE CAREFUL!!!"

Former Employee - Dental Assistant in Argyle Forest, FL

I worked at Dental Care Alliance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This company came in and took over a private practice to help manage.

Cons

The hire ups in the corporate office get the promotions and pay raises. I have never heard or seen anyone of he assistants or hygienist get promoted or raises. When i reported a manager for discrimination nothing was done. I was let go a month later.

Director of Communications

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear about your experience at Dental Care Alliance. We value all current and former employee feedback and would be happy to learn more about the details surrounding your experience. Please feel free to contact our Human Resources team at (941) 955-3150.

2. "Hygienist"

in Washington, DC

I worked at Dental Care Alliance for more than 3 years

Pros

Good salary, hours and flexible time off

Cons

Little benefits , straight commission no holiday or vacation pay. New hygienist , Make the same thing

Director of Talent

We appreciate you sharing your feedback. What benefits would you have liked?

"Hygienist Hell"

Current Employee - Dental Hygienist

I have been working at Dental Care Alliance part-time

Pros

Great Dentists and Co-workers.

Cons

I am currently a hygienist at a DCA office. The company is increasingly obsessed with hygiene production , making more money off each patient, up selling, and seeing more and more patients per day. Quantity comes before quality. The good (ethical) hygienists tend to not stay long. The company favors hygienists that have high production even if the quality of work suffers. The pay is low and the manager was not transparent when hiring me and explaining the compansation plan. Several insurance plans equate to $0 on toward commission despite the amount of work you do and if a patient is delinquent on paying their bill it is deducted from production. These are all thinks that I found out AFTER several months of working here. Also, hygienists never recieve preformance reviews or raises. As a part time employee there are no paid time off, no uniform allowance, and very rare opportunities for continuing education. The manager is always vague in answering questions, piles administrative work on our already very tight appointment times, and has zero dental knowledge. The office constantly runs out of important dental materials that we need to do our job and equipment goes unrepaired for long periods if time. Manager does not care because she does not seem to comprehend how this impacts patient care. The manager at the office I am at speaks to patients and employees disrespectfully. She swears at employees and smokes cigaretes right outside the office. Not good leadership for a health focused, professional office.

Director of Talent

Thank you for sharing this feedback. This is not how the office or manager should be conducting themselves and we would like to learn more so we correct this. Please email careers@dentalcarealliance.com so we can connect.

"Dental Hygienist"

Former Employee - Dental Hygienist in Orlando, FL

I worked at Dental Care Alliance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nothing! Worse experience ever! They care nothing about patients or patient care. It’s numbers they see, not people. Big mistake!

Cons

Useless training that take up your lunch time. All managers do is reports and paperwork. No time for taking care of patient needs. Dr there didn’t do the any work, left patients to his assistant. Schedule wasn’t full and Hygienist don’t get paid.

Director of Talent

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am very sorry to hear this and would like to learn more. Please email me at careers@dentalcarealliance.com so we can schedule a time to connect.

"My Honest Opinion of DCA"

Dental Hygiene Assistant

I worked at Dental Care Alliance

Pros

The only good thing about this business besides the actual individuals I worked with, was that it gave me a chance to get my foot in the dental field with no experience.

Cons

I worked my tail off for very little pay. No training was ever provided. The atmosphere was very hectic, and the company made sure its employees knew that they were all about the money (how many patients can we cram in the schedule every day?!). Perio maintenance and SRP were only given 30 minute appointment slots because management wanted to see at least 14 patients per day. The DH Assistant does literally half of the job of the hygienist (set up operatory, seat pt., medical review, x-rays, exam with DMD, treatment plan, check out, and clean up/sterilization) on 30 minute intervals. I felt like I was constantly behind and running like a chicken with my head cut off.

Director of Communications

This is not the typical or desired employee experience we strive for and we would like to learn more so we can correct this. Please reach out to us at careers@dentalcarealliance.com . Thank you!

"RUN!!!"

Former Employee - Hygienist in Munster, IN

I worked at Dental Care Alliance full-time

Pros

The coworkers and also for the most part the wonderful patients. The office building itself. Did I already say the coworkers?

Cons

They work the dental hygienist like dogs! It's an assembly line! It's more like a sales job than a healthcare professional career. Paid by commission Very poor management all the way around.There is a lot of gossip and that includes EVERYONE that works there. RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Director of Communications

We are very disappointed to hear that this was your experience. We would like to learn more so we can correct this. Please email careers@dentalcarealliance.com to share your availability for a phone call. Thank you!

"Inexperienced managers!"

Current Employee - Dental Hygienist in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Dental Care Alliance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nice patients, decent instruments to work with, decent amount of hours, not a lot of meetings or lunch & learns to contend with. Due to the corporate nature of the practice no one really stays late or cones in early.

Cons

Company trusts young office managers to be able to "manage" seasoned doctors & hygienists, even though the managers spend little time in the back interacting with the providers. Front office is gossipy & often push difficult patients onto providers they dislike as a "punishment". Lots of politics in the office designed to cover up lazy employees behavior by getting upper management to nitpick the providers. More senior employee providers feel entitled to cherry pick patients depending on their insurance plans, and put pressure on front office & assistants to make sure they end up seeing those better paying plan's patients. Turnover of staff is high due to the clique-ish nature of the practice.

Director of Communications

Thank you for your feedback. We have developed a management training program for all of our managers. We strive to have the best work environment for all our team members. We would like to hear more about your experience, please email us at careers@dentalcarealliance.com . Thank you!

"Hygienist"

Former Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Dental Care Alliance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It is a job. 5 long days a week. You will get your 40 hours and then some. Staff usually works well together due to high volume of pts and double booking.

Cons

I worked for them for 11 years. No paid vacation, legal holidays not paid, and ins not affordable or realistic. I stayed for so long because I was also caring for my terminally ill daughter whom I had to work during 2/3 of her surgeries as my boss would not let me off. I was asked but I refused to come to work next day post double mastectomy. Must give 45 days notice for any time off and then must be approved. My boss begrudged any vacation time in spite of notice. And only 1 week/ unpaid. Did ALOT of work that did not count towards my production. Dr refused to probe so I must leave my pt schedule 4-5 times to probe his new pt exams and still stay on time for my pts. AND if they don't get paid from pt or ins they deduct it from your pay. If recovered from collections you still don't get compensated or reimbursed. Lunch hours get booked and cut short or moved constantly. Stated appt times are also cut short. Poor instruments and constantly run out of supplies. Turn over is high. Hygienists do not get raises period.

"Dental Assistant"

Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Dental Care Alliance full-time

Pros

None but the patient.. but it's a job somethings better then nothing

Cons

Rarely get bonus Low pay The whole staff arent fully trained They hire anybody Unprofessional Some of the doctor sEE you got str8 med they don't want to help the patient out, They only care about delta healthy mi or PPOs as well as the hygienist they only care if you got healthy mi because it pay for SRP (DEEP CLEANING) Do rush jobs

"Dental Hygiene"

Dental Hygienist in Roswell, GA

I worked at Dental Care Alliance

Pros

Hygiene Assistant to help with x-Rays and probing.

Cons

Pay is on commission only therefore the schedule is staggered and packed. The hygienist is only there to scale, polish, SRP, irrigate and place Arrestin. Nothing else. There is almost no interaction with the patient due to time constraints. The hygiene assistant does the health history, BP and x-Rays. After the hygienist probes, the assistant decides what treatment is necessary, writes up a treatment plan and has the patient sign for it, before you can start. Once finished scaling and polishing, in 20 minutes, regardless of how much stain or calculus, you move on to the next patient. The SRP's were not broken up into quadrants or even halves. The entire mouth was SRP'd at one time regardless of the amount of or tenacity of the calculus or the patient's or hygienist's tolerance. The hygienist does not enter any notes. The assistant does that. At the office I worked at, the assistant entered the notes regarding what methods I used, how much plaque, calculus, stain, bleeding, and inflammation there was without even looking in the patient's mouth or asking me. I felt this to be very unethical. As well as not being able to do a thorough job scaling which subsequently led to future unecessary treatment and charges for irrigation and Arrestin placement to the patient due to finding dark, residual calculus. There was almost no time for patient education and most of the patients, despite being probed at every visit, had no idea of what or why the probing was done. Due to time constraints, you would think that an air polisher would be provided, but it was not. At one location, there were 3 full mouth SRP's scheduleded in one day and no Gracey's. In fact, each instrument pack contained only a sickle scaler and a 204S. No other scalers were available in that office. Overall, I felt unable to do an adequate job with the instruments and equipment provided, in the time provided and felt unethical in not being able to document properly.

Found 11 reviews