KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Lots of work and great staff.(in 9 reviews)
  • "doctors are nice, average benefits(in 8 reviews)
  • "Nice people to work with.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Doctor’s full autonomy.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Offering flexible schedule(s) for the staff is a plus.(in 4 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Dental Dreams and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years
    Featured Review

Doctors review

Apr 25, 2022 - Dentist
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Company will Provide patients

Cons

Having to Work every Saturday

2. 5.0
    Former Employee

Excellent job for this new grad

Apr 25, 2022 - Dentist
    Business Outlook

Pros

- flexibility - patient need - office staff - fast pace - wide array of pt’s and procedures

Cons

- patient load - high assistant/staff turn over

3. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Beware!!

Sep 23, 2022 - General Dentist in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Literally NOTHING. If you like getting sued, burning out, being disrespected, and spending no time with your family- this is the place for you

Cons

Read this carefully. You will feel like a work horse, no one appreciates you- office managers, assistants, front desk are openly insubordinate to doctors and don’t treat you with even basic respect because management doesn’t respect you. They’re just a product of the environment. You will be forced to see 4 patients at the same, and you only have 30 mins to get them out of the chair, while also being pressured to do fillings, ext, exams, srps on all of them before they leave. Your assistants are no where to be found bc the turnover is so high, you’ll be doing everything by yourself- suctioning, charting. Everything. The assistants and office manager will come and tell you that you’re not working fast enough as if you’re working on an assembly line instead of a healthcare office. Most of the materials are broken. Example: the Cavitron/ultrasonic tips fly off the handle on 50% of them- which is a huge choking hazard for the patients. Mold in the water lines. Barely any materials in the office… stuff like sealants, flowable, new burs, it’s always run out. The amount of times I’ve seen the water come out a black/brown color is too many to count. Guess what happens if your patient gets sick because the water lines are dirty? You get sued, not the company. Seriously stay away. It’s not worth it. Also you don’t get ANY lunch or an office to sit with fellow docs. Expect to be working for 12 hours straight Meanwhile your office manager takes hour long lunches and is chit chatting with the staff in her cozy office, while bossing you around and managing your tx planning. They say 10-6 are the hours, all the doctors I know get home at 9. Be ready to be at work for 12 hours a day, if you bring it up to management they’ll gaslight you telling you it’s normal for the industry- it’s not. I’ve witnessed office managers openly YELLING at doctors and trying to discipline doctors - as if that’s appropriate at all. Seriously, beware!

4. 1.0
    Former Employee

Trash

Aug 18, 2022 - Dental Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

None, this place was terrible

Cons

Everything, management is terrible !!!

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Work/life balance

Jul 13, 2022 - Human Resources
    Business Outlook

Pros

There’s a lot of trust and not a lot of micromanaging. Quiet place to work. Compensation and benefits are good

Cons

Upper management lacks professionalism. No room for growth

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Front desk

Jul 9, 2022 - Front Desk Receptionist in Ypsilanti, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

The manager allowed flexibility in your schedule.

Cons

The job had no benefits, the pay started at 12.50. The management is horrible and everyone was on drugs including the doctors. The regional manager was just as horrible as the office manager.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good for first year out of dental school job

Jun 11, 2022 - Dentist in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Able to see many patients

Cons

High turnover rate Long working hour

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

If you value your mental health don’t workHere

Jul 8, 2022 - Dental Assistant in Whitehall, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours. Understanding if you need to leave early or call off. Chill boss

Cons

This is a good place to work if your starting. But this place gotten worse that I do not recommend at all. Firstable, they hired people with no X-ray certified so if your X-ray certified you’ll be doing 100x more work bc your picking up for those assistant that don’t have X-ray license. You’ll be running around like crazy you’ll be expected to take X-rays for all doctor at the same time bc you’ll be the only float. sometimes we don’t have a floater and you’ll have to do everything yourself like bring back pts , do sterile , assist etc. while getting yell at by the doctor your working with that day. You’ll also be getting yell at pt that been waiting for long time outside. They quadruple book and I’m not even kidding. When it come to staff people come and go, there no reliable person. Someone always calling off work. There no team work, no lead assistant, no lead front desk. People just sit and be on there phones while your busting your a** running around. People also go and smoke in the back while on the clock but if you take a break is a problem but those who smoke don’t get in trouble. Certain assistant can’t work with certain doctors which makes it harder to work around. Place is a mess and dirty. We are always running out of supplies. When it comes to hours let me tell you it sucks! Something always happen whether is system is down or dr calling off that we loose hours. If dr call off or system goes down ,we have to go home and don’t get paid to leave early. If dr call off you get call off too. If dr go on vacation guess what you’ll get no hours and can’t get UC bc the company fights for it. No bonus! the company stop giving bonus and raises but they have money to bribe the drs to stay while your out here busting your a** .Dr’s are not easy to work with. They are never please and they come in there miserable and they take it out on you. If your trying to reach HR, You won’t be able to complain bc the number provided goes to straight To voicemail. If your bilingual don’t expect to get paid for that. You will be pull into very direction to translate. You’ll be expected to drop everything. There no good benefit, no sick days, no holiday pay, no Time and half , expect to work on certain holiday and PTO system sucks. For pto every 40 hours you make you earn only 1 hour of pto, so imagine you have to make 1200+ Just to get 4/5 days.Staff and even patients are unprofessional. And when it comes to pay let me tell you it sucks, front desk get paid starting at $10-$12 dental assistant start at $14 but they so short staff That I notice they pay new people closer to what your making and you been there long time . Oh and I forgot to mention you’ll never get your fully 40 hours. It ridiculous. Management is never there. To sum it up , there is No growth and high employment turn over. Let me just leave it at that.

9. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Needed Experience

Jun 18, 2022 - Lead Dental Assistant in Chicago Heights, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you need experience straight out of school, this job will do. Fast pace office so you get that experience.

Cons

Poor paying. Revolving door with employees including management. Undesirable environment.

10. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

They can do better

Jun 16, 2022 - Denatl Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great experience Flexible Hours Good Management Work-life balance

Cons

Need to give employees raises!!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 275 Reviews

Dental Dreams Reviews FAQs

Dental Dreams has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 285 reviews left anonymously by employees. 64% of employees would recommend working at Dental Dreams to a friend and 57% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -18% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Dental Dreams employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Dental Dreams. This rating has decreased by -24% over the last 12 months.

64% of Dental Dreams employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Dental Dreams 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.0 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Dental Dreams to be career development, coworkers and the cons to be culture, benefits, management.

Popular Careers with Dental Dreams Job Seekers