Dental Health Management Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Controller"

Former Employee - Controller in Cedar Park, TX
    Former Employee - Controller in Cedar Park, TX

I worked at Dental Health Management Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Low pay for excessive work.

Advice to Management

Update systems.

2. "HR Manager"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Cedar Park, TX
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Cedar Park, TX

I have been working at Dental Health Management Solutions full-time

Pros

This company has a tight team feel. You don't have to wait 3-6 months before folks know your
    name. You can make a big difference and be noticed in a short amount of time. They embrace challenge and are forward thinking, innovative and entrepreneurial. They have a can do culture along with an upbeat and driven vibe. It's easy to become a part of the fabric and family of the company. For the size of the company they have excellent health benefits and investment options as well as bonus programs. They have personal enrichment programs, fitness and education sponsorship and encourage personal and professional growth.

Cons

We can't house all the talent we want. We are growing exceptionally fast, and we have some of the best folks I have ever worked with, working with us, I just wish we had more openings for all the many talented folks out there!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. You challenge us to do our best, you pick us up when we have fallen and spur us ever forward.

"Amazing Opportunities, this is an organization that encourages employees who want to develop professionally!"

Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Cedar Park, TX
    Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Cedar Park, TX

I worked at Dental Health Management Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-True concern for the employees on an individual level.
    -Expansion & Growth
    -Opportunitites

Cons

A few departments are short staffed.

Advice to Management

Truly understand what the vision and mission statement convey.
    Understand the obstacles others are facing
    Follow through with commitments you make.

"Very rewarding and meaningful!"

Current Employee - Military Operations in Cedar Park, TX
    Current Employee - Military Operations in Cedar Park, TX

I have been working at Dental Health Management Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Being able to live within the mission statement is why I stay. I enjoy and take pride in placing the needs of others above my. DHMS fosters an environment that places our customers’ needs first. Next our responsibility is to our client’s, our staff, the community we serve and lastly our shareholders.
    Another reason to work at DHMS is the work we do has a purpose. That in itself is job satisfaction. We provide top quality dental care to our nation’s military. It’s very rewarding at the end of my work day to know we’ve done something to help the men and women in our services smile bigger and feel good about every single thing they do for in our defense.

Cons

While we have some of the best benefits of any workforce, they are still a little pricey.However, they're getting better every year!

Advice to Management

Live within the Mission Statement, understand the Vision Statement and continue to listen to those who get the job done for you every day!

"Stable, customer oriented, family like, progressive place to work."

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Cedar Park, TX
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Cedar Park, TX

I have been working at Dental Health Management Solutions part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Only place I have worked where they do book groups, management classes, learning classes of all types all on company time. This company wants you to learn and grow. The CEO puts the customers first. This is a customer oriented business in a time when customer service no longer exists. This company gives back to the community on a large scale. The employees as a whole are close and work hard to make the company what it is today.

Cons

There are times when the CEO's views are not followed by his staff.

Advice to Management

Don't lose sight of the customer no matter how big you get because that is what makes you great.

"Get ready for a ride - long hours, weekends, and even if everything goes right - expect management to hammer you."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Park, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Park, TX

Pros

This company does work nationwide, and does not invest in the longevity of its contractors. Thus it ends up going to internal staff for help, so if you like to travel, this is a great place to work.

Cons

DHMS management is so disconnected from the day to day operations and out of touch with what it takes to get things done, staff is constantly playing the game of being in trouble and staying ahead of management's spot checks.

Advice to Management

A company that is all things tends to be a company that does all things poorly. Decide what it is the company is going to do, and until you are doing that well, focus on only that objective.

7. "Great people to work with but can be stressful."

I have been working at Dental Health Management Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Convenient location, great group of people to work with, bonuses at the end of the year.Forward thinking.

Cons

Can be very stressful. Alot of policy and procedures, deadlines regardless of what dept you work in, but that is the nature of temp placement anywhere. Pay is a little low compared to demands and requirements. Benefits are not that great but at least its offered.

8. "I do not recommend this company"

I worked at Dental Health Management Solutions full-time

Pros

There are some great people and talent here. The company also tries to schedule regular social events in order to build a stronger, team-oriented environment.

Cons

Too many to list here

Advice to Management

Micro-management is not effective. Trust your managers and employees.

"Poor Management"

I worked at Dental Health Management Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work is rewarding; however, overshadowed with micromanagement. CEO is incredible but will not overstep the managers in their decisions, HR is very attentive but has hands tied.

Cons

Salary pay, hours exceed 40 a week and you have to work 50hrs to flex a day off with no additional pay for overtime. Some, not all managers are awful, should not be in positions, favoritism and encouragement of bad employees is the norm. Stressful and not a positive environment to work in.

Advice to Management

Reorganization of managers needs to be considered.

"Dental Assistant"

I have been working at Dental Health Management Solutions full-time

Pros

You will have a job

Cons

Does not pay according to qualifications

Advice to Management

I doubt it