Dentsply Sirona Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Dentsply Sirona Chief Executive Officer Jeffrey T. Slovin
Jeffrey T. Slovin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work-Life Balance, Vorgesetztenverhalten, regelm (in 17 reviews)

• Good benefits, Fair salary, Good enviornment (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • for others (no work-life balance); chronically placing people (men) in management roles who (in 11 reviews)

• The upper management lacks the knowledge base to function within their roles (in 15 reviews)

"With growth comes impersonality..."

I have been working at Dentsply Sirona full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay for a starting position. Some schedule flexibility. Christmas party and Family Day at least once a year, often twice. Decent benefits and good vacation/sick time (though I was grandfathered in from the old program).

Cons

I was originally a Sirona employeee and the merger with Dentsply has made the company much too large and added fear for employment, a hiring freeze, lesser benefits, and doing away with a lot of enjoyable things that were previous available to employees including the monthly birthday celebrations. No room for growth within the company, though they assure you there is. Tiny pay raise, 1.5%, after nearly two years being an employee. Just got rid of the entire logistics department and decided to move it to PA.

Advice to Management

Bring back the small things, like the birthday cakes and ice cream. That was a day everyone loved. Remind your employees that you care for them despite the merger causing us to grow so quickly. Allow for more room for employees to grown and be promoted and don't skimp on the supposed 3% raise a year.

2. "Bigger is not better"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Dentsply Sirona full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Products
    Name recognition
    First in class technology

Nobody throws a party like this company. The event selling is nice. The company is well respected in all aspects of the dental industry.

Cons

When you merge 2 companies there are going to be growing pains. Dentsply has their way of doing things and Sirona has a way. They are so worried about "synergy" that they are forgetting about the people in the field that sell the product. If you perform well, they will make it impossible for you the next year and you get penalized. For a company this large the health insurance benefits are absolute crap. They changed to system where the health insurance is self funded by the company. The company makes money if you don't use your health insurance. You have to fight and argue with the benefits department to get things paid. Why?! Why does it have to be this tough?!

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to look at the big picture. Stop worrying about every single penny that you can pinch off the people in the field so you can fatten your stocks and your bonuses. Sales people are the ones that are out in the field, away from their families, promoting the products every single day. The best paid people should always be the sales people. Stop messing with their pay, benefits and lives!!

"Corporate Machine Mentality vs Employee Value"

Current Employee - Technical Resource in York, PA
    Current Employee - Technical Resource in York, PA

I have been working at Dentsply Sirona full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The benefits have been good over the years and it's a clean, safe place to work. The salary is ok but every year the raise is less and less for more and more work. The people in the trenches are still trying to maintain a great working relationship with each other despite a management that only focuses on the numbers and projects. They still sponsor employee functions like employees appreciation day, Christmas luncheon and Christmas and Halloween activities for the kids. They give out gift card awards to employees who go above and beyond, however they are trying to make it look fair and some are given out now for silly things and some of the hardest working people are still being overlooked. I love the work I do and respect the majority of the people I work with, they are dedicated to their coworkers and getting the job done right.

Cons

You work harder each year and though you go above and beyond and get great reviews they only give you small raises (2.5% in 2017) and there are no cost of living raise. Years ago when the company was smaller annual raises were about 3% , sometimes above 3.5% for the same kind of work done today. You'll want to research salaries before coming here because there is a difference between what they pay men and women here for the same job.
    They are constantly looking at ways to strip away benefits and push costs down onto the employee. If you don't have at least a B.S degree don't expect to go anywhere in the company, no matter how much you do, or know or do the very job your not qualified for when they need you to do it. The flexibility over your schedule they once allowed, changes with every new manager that comes is, becoming more and more about toeing the corporate line.
    You have some managers that care but there are more and more coming in or getting promoted who don't want to be bothered with the little people or won't get their hands dirty. The reward for being a long time competent and hard working person, is more work and there are still a few people not being held accountable for their lack of accomplishments and who are allowed to push their work onto others. Some departments don't have enough people to get the job done right and and more times than not it's more of a reactionary environment than a proactive one.

Advice to Management

While the top execs may deserve the millions in compensation they're getting for merging and growing the company, remember that the people busting their butts at the divisional level and on the manufacturing floors deserve to be compensated fairly too and that means salary and maintain good benefits. It seems to many of us at the lower levels that the corporation is only concerned with adding more layers of higher management, acquisitions and the bottom line. Many people are starting move on to other companies and you should care enough find out why and make some necessary changes.
    There should be a better balance of work and personal life, there are many associates I work with who are stressed by the ever growing workload and the indifference of those who should be there to back them up, just piling more on. There's been a general attitude recently by new managers towards the longtime Dentsply associates that we're clueless and don't pull our weight, because they want to make openings in order to hire on their own teams from the outside.
    Lastly if a current employee is doing an excellent job and doing work above and beyond their current pay grade on an ongoing basis there should be levels they can move up into based on that sustained performance and not just a 4 year college degree. Because frankly I've worked with people who had a Bachelor's degree and higher who were all show and no go, usually after wasting their fellow associates time and the company resources for awhile they were either fired or moved on when they were expected to produce. Do you realize what that does to the morale of those who are loyal, walking the walk and talking the talk day in and day out and are then constantly overlooked because they chose to move out into industry instead of going to college or finishing a 4 year degree? They had the hope of working their way up with years of experience, proven successes and hard work but the respect for that method of succeeding is often looked down upon or ignored by of course people with college degrees. Managers at the lower levels know who these people are, just ask them who they go to in a emergency and most would give you the same names over and over again. There are managers that have taken on the battle and tried to reward these kinds of employees by trying to promote them only to hit a brick wall but on the flip-side there are others who don't care enough to even push, it's easier for them to take advantage and credit for the efforts of others.

4. "PSR"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Dentsply Sirona full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Stable company but Luke the Gov slow moving.

Cons

Very late on product imitation and launch time, recourses, communication, and low pay.

Advice to Management

Be more encouraging to employees and do the right thing. HR is less than honest.

"Inside Account Manager"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Dentsply Sirona full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good work schedule, good pay, and benefits

Cons

Management isn't that good, they don't treat everyone the same

Advice to Management

Treat everyone the same and stop with the buddy system.

6. "Current Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Dentsply Sirona full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great training and amazing manager
    -I get tons of support and any training I feel I need I get. -I've seen some people feel they can just show up everyday and they'll receive development, but you have to show initiative, ask for it and they will invest in you
    -Very diverse staff which from an array of cultures

Cons

-It's always changing which can be good and bad.
    -Some people can't handle the pace.
    -We need to increase pay for our production employees

Advice to Management

-Keep on the path we are on in improving the culture
    -Listen to the people

"QA/RA"

Former Employee - QA/RA in York, PA
    Former Employee - QA/RA in York, PA

I worked at Dentsply Sirona full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits are great. The people that worked on the floor and others within the company seemed to really care for each other. Hopefully with the merger with Sirona the overall company will change in culture.

Cons

The upper management lacks the knowledge base to function within their roles. The company was geared towards only selling products by any means neccessary. Technologies for new products were very narrowly introduced, with no true understanding on concept. Management seemed to lead primarily by intimidation, and if they were questioned, they reacted in a clearly unprofessional manner.

Advice to Management

Do not take a position based on the title. If you do not have the skill set required to function in your position. Be professionally at all times.

Dentsply Sirona Response

Jun 14, 2017 – Recruiter

Thanks for sharing your experience. We are always striving to improve, and we genuinely appreciate your feedback.

8. "Job Applicant: Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Territory Manager Sales in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Territory Manager Sales in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Dentsply Sirona full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I like the fact that they are an industry leader
    and are committed to an employee's training
    and proffessional/personal growth. I feel like
    this is a company that values their employees and is mutually vested in a long-
    term relationship.

Cons

I haven't encountered anything that is a
    negative, although there are usually some
    challenges that present themselves with
    any employer. It's all about how one handles
    or overcomes those challenges. This appears to be a company that is structured
    with a culture which promotes and rewards success among its employees.

Advice to Management

I am not in a position to evaluate or advise
    in following up in this area.

"Improvement Needed"

I have been working at Dentsply Sirona full-time

Pros

The products are incredibly innovative for the industry. The following among dentists so far has been amazing.

Cons

There is no leadership on a day to day level. There is no career path. And the few that are promoted, don't have any management experience and appear to get the position through favoritism more than merit. There is no plan in place for coaching or training of how do deal with people on a management level. It's a clicky place and not very welcoming to new people.

Advice to Management

Invest in your people. Provide leadership and more communication. Look at management training programs so people are prepared to manage people. Work on career paths for advancement for those that want it, especially for women and people of color.

Dentsply Sirona Response

Apr 10, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We take all reviews very seriously, and we will work hard to improve less than best situations. Glassdoor reviews are anonymous, but if you'd like... More

10. "Customer Service"

Current Employee - Csr1 in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Csr1 in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Dentsply Sirona full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great company to work for. They offer great pay, benefits and have a very good work/life balance. They buy lunch for employees and and even have trips and culture events. They do their best to make you feel like you are

Cons

No room for movement or advancement. Job can feel stagnant sometimes as you take calls 8 hrs a day. The work culture is pretty good, really good people there. Waay better than most jobs you could have.