Dentsply Sirona Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Dentsply Sirona Chief Executive Officer Jeffrey T. Slovin
Jeffrey T. Slovin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work-Life Balance, Vorgesetztenverhalten, regelm (in 17 reviews)

• Good benefits but could be better (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life Balance nicht immer im richtigen Verh (in 10 reviews)

• The upper management lacks the knowledge base to function within their roles (in 15 reviews)

1. "Production Worker"

I have been working at Dentsply Sirona full-time

Pros

Manufacture Orthodontics, Leader in Braces for medical industry

Cons

Pay is not the greates.

2. "Customer service"

I have been working at Dentsply Sirona full-time

Pros

Great benefits, easy going upper management, fun place to work

Cons

The company is slow to fill empty positiobs

"Engineer"

I have been working at Dentsply Sirona full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Dentsply Sirona is a growing company that appreciates its employees and offers a true family atmosphere where we are one team with one goal to earn lasting partnerships by designing and building exceptional projects as if they were our own. Every one works to find solutions and works as a team.

Cons

There are none. We have an excellent leadership team, great employee benefits, fun employee events, extra paychecks, annual bonuses, and a true family atmosphere where people like and respect each other and the value each position brings.

Advice to Management

No Advice

4. "Senior Sales"

I worked at Dentsply Sirona full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits but could be better.

Cons

Products never launch on time, company denotes flaws, support is ok not the best.

Advice to Management

Be more realistic about expectations of PSR.

"Bigger is not better"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Dentsply Sirona full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Products
    Name recognition
    First in class technology

Nobody throws a party like this company. The event selling is nice. The company is well respected in all aspects of the dental industry.

Cons

When you merge 2 companies there are going to be growing pains. Dentsply has their way of doing things and Sirona has a way. They are so worried about "synergy" that they are forgetting about the people in the field that sell the product. If you perform well, they will make it impossible for you the next year and you get penalized. For a company this large the health insurance benefits are absolute crap. They changed to system where the health insurance is self funded by the company. The company makes money if you don't use your health insurance. You have to fight and argue with the benefits department to get things paid. Why?! Why does it have to be this tough?!

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to look at the big picture. Stop worrying about every single penny that you can pinch off the people in the field so you can fatten your stocks and your bonuses. Sales people are the ones that are out in the field, away from their families, promoting the products every single day. The best paid people should always be the sales people. Stop messing with their pay, benefits and lives!!

"RUN!! Hide! Then don't look back..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I worked at Dentsply Sirona full-time (More than a year)

Pros

NONE - OK nice building.

Cons

Where do I begin?: One word - Kafkaesque

-Most non-management staff were OK
    -Unethical, unfair, untrained and ignorant management
    -Severe micromanaging
    -They wouldn't know a good idea if it hit them in the head
    -Favoritism
    -Cruelty
    -HR and Management talk behind the backs of their subordinates to the subordinates' colleagues.

Advice to Management

Quit so they can hire better managers.

"Corporate Machine Mentality vs Employee Value"

Current Employee - Technical Resource in York, PA
    Current Employee - Technical Resource in York, PA

I have been working at Dentsply Sirona full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The benefits have been good over the years and it's a clean, safe place to work. The salary is ok but every year the raise is less and less for more and more work. The people in the trenches are still trying to maintain a great working relationship with each other despite a management that only focuses on the numbers and projects. They still sponsor employee functions like employees appreciation day, Christmas luncheon and Christmas and Halloween activities for the kids. They give out gift card awards to employees who go above and beyond, however they are trying to make it look fair and some are given out now for silly things and some of the hardest working people are still being overlooked. I love the work I do and respect the majority of the people I work with, they are dedicated to their coworkers and getting the job done right.

Cons

You work harder each year and though you go above and beyond and get great reviews they only give you small raises (2.5% in 2017) and there are no cost of living raise. Years ago when the company was smaller annual raises were about 3% , sometimes above 3.5% for the same kind of work done today. You'll want to research salaries before coming here because there is a difference between what they pay men and women here for the same job.
    They are constantly looking at ways to strip away benefits and push costs down onto the employee. If you don't have at least a B.S degree don't expect to go anywhere in the company, no matter how much you do, or know or do the very job your not qualified for when they need you to do it. The flexibility over your schedule they once allowed, changes with every new manager that comes is, becoming more and more about toeing the corporate line.
    You have some managers that care but there are more and more coming in or getting promoted who don't want to be bothered with the little people or won't get their hands dirty. The reward for being a long time competent and hard working person, is more work and there are still a few people not being held accountable for their lack of accomplishments and who are allowed to push their work onto others. Some departments don't have enough people to get the job done right and and more times than not it's more of a reactionary environment than a proactive one.

Advice to Management

While the top execs may deserve the millions in compensation they're getting for merging and growing the company, remember that the people busting their butts at the divisional level and on the manufacturing floors deserve to be compensated fairly too and that means salary and maintain good benefits. It seems to many of us at the lower levels that the corporation is only concerned with adding more layers of higher management, acquisitions and the bottom line. Many people are starting move on to other companies and you should care enough find out why and make some necessary changes.
    There should be a better balance of work and personal life, there are many associates I work with who are stressed by the ever growing workload and the indifference of those who should be there to back them up, just piling more on. There's been a general attitude recently by new managers towards the longtime Dentsply associates that we're clueless and don't pull our weight, because they want to make openings in order to hire on their own teams from the outside.
    Lastly if a current employee is doing an excellent job and doing work above and beyond their current pay grade on an ongoing basis there should be levels they can move up into based on that sustained performance and not just a 4 year college degree. Because frankly I've worked with people who had a Bachelor's degree and higher who were all show and no go, usually after wasting their fellow associates time and the company resources for awhile they were either fired or moved on when they were expected to produce. Do you realize what that does to the morale of those who are loyal, walking the walk and talking the talk day in and day out and are then constantly overlooked because they chose to move out into industry instead of going to college or finishing a 4 year degree? They had the hope of working their way up with years of experience, proven successes and hard work but the respect for that method of succeeding is often looked down upon or ignored by of course people with college degrees. Managers at the lower levels know who these people are, just ask them who they go to in a emergency and most would give you the same names over and over again. There are managers that have taken on the battle and tried to reward these kinds of employees by trying to promote them only to hit a brick wall but on the flip-side there are others who don't care enough to even push, it's easier for them to take advantage and credit for the efforts of others.

8. "Resume builder…"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Plaines, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Plaines, IL

I have been working at Dentsply Sirona full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

First of all, let me say that this was the best job I ever had. The interview process with the former Leadership Team was positive. The offer letter was more than I could hope for (at the time). The former team, and my department head (at the time) was great. The projects & job duties were fulfilling. Even the working hours were somewhat flexible & my manager at the time was a just, fair, understanding person who was all about employee development & a real family oriented person. I couldn’t have been happier & saw myself with Dentsply for the long haul….then the merger happened

Cons

Once we became Dentsply Sirona, the “spit” hit the fan. Hiring freezes, benefits plummeted, Company culture turned to dog-eat-dog/every man & woman for themselves. Draconian, hierarchical management from Corporate all the way down to the divisions now reign supreme. The entire office was redesigned to this “office Space” style cubicles where you have no privacy & you can see/hear everything & everyone’s conversations. GOOD management was pushed out & replaced with those with NO PEOPLE NOR DEPARTMENTAL MANAGEMENT EXPERIECE AT ALL! New management is now a feckless, brown-nosing weasel who is so far up division management’s rear it’s symbiotic. People from all levels within this division are leaving in hordes - but at the same time the divisional management is continuously scheduling emergency (mandatory) town hall meetings expressing that “everything is ok. No one else quit. The company is doing fine.” Now, the division looks like a ghost town with all of their new fancy cubicles & chairs. Everyone who is still there is miserable, & management cannot be trusted (only care about how much the stock is worth). Everyone left is overworked, under-appreciated & going through the motions, putting up with inept, petty, UNQUALIFIED micromanagement until they find another job ASAP.

Advice to Management

People are not stupid. We have eyes & ears. We can see the insecurities, & ineptitudes dripping off of upper management. No amount of false pleasantries, buzzwords nor intimidation/nitpicking to exude dominance over people will change that. If the company continues to push out good people that took pride in their work & the contributions they made to Dentsply (intentionally or unintentionally)… people that make that place worth going to…then eventually (sooner rather than later) the only people “punching in” will be division management & a cast of yes-men.

9. "Great company to work for in all aspects!"

Pros

Excellent training
    Great people
    Good work life balance
    Great research and development
    Good Pay
    Excellent benefits
    Good vacation time
    Great extra incentives

Cons

You must perform well as with any sales job. High expectations, but high rewards for performance as well. The industry can fluctuate, making quota attainment difficult during tough economic years.

10. "Dental Hygiene Executive"

Current Employee - Dental Hygiene Executive
    Current Employee - Dental Hygiene Executive

I have been working at Dentsply Sirona full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training, top of the line products, brand recognition in the offices, top notch company.

Cons

Sometimes you run into inventory issues, back orders etc. This can make it a challenge in the field.