Dentsply Sirona Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dentsply Sirona Chief Executive Officer Jeffrey T. Slovin
Jeffrey T. Slovin

Pros
  • Work-Life Balance, Vorgesetztenverhalten, regelm (in 16 reviews)

• Good benefits, Fair salary, Good enviornment (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • for others (no work-life balance); chronically placing people (men) in management roles who (in 12 reviews)

• clueless upper-management and executives (in 13 reviews)

1. "With growth comes impersonality..."

I have been working at Dentsply Sirona full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay for a starting position. Some schedule flexibility. Christmas party and Family Day at least once a year, often twice. Decent benefits and good vacation/sick time (though I was grandfathered in from the old program).

Cons

I was originally a Sirona employeee and the merger with Dentsply has made the company much too large and added fear for employment, a hiring freeze, lesser benefits, and doing away with a lot of enjoyable things that were previous available to employees including the monthly birthday celebrations. No room for growth within the company, though they assure you there is. Tiny pay raise, 1.5%, after nearly two years being an employee. Just got rid of the entire logistics department and decided to move it to PA.

Advice to Management

Bring back the small things, like the birthday cakes and ice cream. That was a day everyone loved. Remind your employees that you care for them despite the merger causing us to grow so quickly. Allow for more room for employees to grown and be promoted and don't skimp on the supposed 3% raise a year.

"Great industry, Great people, Horrible leadership"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Dentsply Sirona full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Dental is a great industry to be in and we are #1
    - Health Benefits are competitive and comparable
    - People (below mngt) are fantastic, loving, and care
    - Fairly compensated
    - Invest heavily in innovation and R&D

Cons

- Non existent Leadership training, executive coaching, and talent management which in my opinion is the root cause of a lot of the problems. Specifically, this results in individuals in leadership positions who have no idea how to lead. They promote people who know how to do the job but have never managed before. This would be fine if there was training, mentorship, and leaders who can help coach through this transition from an individual contributor to a leader/mngr, but there is not. These leaders look up to their managers who are exhibiting the same bad behaviors and mimic them. They do not know how to delegate, they micro-manage, the decision making is only at the top and they do not enable or empower employees to make decisions for themselves. This results in employees feeling like their opinions don't matter, they will just be told what to do in the end, and an overall deflated team.
    - They hire from the inner circle of white men and do not advocate for, acknowledge, or have any intention of hiring women and/or other ethnicities. In my office, we have 300 employees and 20- 30 managers. 1 is a woman. Very capable women with prior managerial experience and who meet job qualifications are not considered for open director/mngt roles. They reach out to HR or the hiring manager and are given the run around and never even allowed to interview. A leader actually told two women they weren't dressed professional enough because they weren't wearing heels. These women were in dress slacks, a blouse, and Tory Burch flats. At the end of the day they do not see women as equals they see them as admins.
    - Antiquated HR policies with zero flexibility to work from home, even for those who travel routinely Wed-Sat/Sun. Everyone must be in the office Monday morning through Friday afternoon and there is no wiggle room. If you work weekends you are not compensated with vacation time or flex work from home time for the weekend travel. They state it's part of the salary, but most were not told about weekend travel requirements prior to being hired. A few weekends out of the year is no big deal and expected, but when its 15-20 it makes a big difference in work/life balance.

Advice to Management

You want to be the best in dental, you need to listen to your employees. Conduct an employee survey and see how you are doing. Build in leadership development goals with the talent mngt system. Require executive coaches at all levels of mngt. Require 360 feedback for mangers annually. Create mentorship programs with all levels of the organization. Create early talent development programs with a clear path/tract. Shuffle the deck... move leaders around and do not let them stay in the same role for 5+ years. Require diversity mixes on teams... or a diversity score to ensure women and diverse candidates are hired and promoted. Interview internal qualified candidates regardless of age or gender. They deserve the interview if qualified. Update for policies to a modern workforce with flex time/flex hours and flex work from home. You cannot maintain millennials without this.

3. "Job Applicant: Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Territory Manager Sales in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Territory Manager Sales in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Dentsply Sirona full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I like the fact that they are an industry leader
    and are committed to an employee's training
    and proffessional/personal growth. I feel like
    this is a company that values their employees and is mutually vested in a long-
    term relationship.

Cons

I haven't encountered anything that is a
    negative, although there are usually some
    challenges that present themselves with
    any employer. It's all about how one handles
    or overcomes those challenges. This appears to be a company that is structured
    with a culture which promotes and rewards success among its employees.

Advice to Management

I am not in a position to evaluate or advise
    in following up in this area.

"Improvement Needed"

I have been working at Dentsply Sirona full-time

Pros

The products are incredibly innovative for the industry. The following among dentists so far has been amazing.

Cons

There is no leadership on a day to day level. There is no career path. And the few that are promoted, don't have any management experience and appear to get the position through favoritism more than merit. There is no plan in place for coaching or training of how do deal with people on a management level. It's a clicky place and not very welcoming to new people.

Advice to Management

Invest in your people. Provide leadership and more communication. Look at management training programs so people are prepared to manage people. Work on career paths for advancement for those that want it, especially for women and people of color.

Apr 10, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We take all reviews very seriously, and we will work hard to improve less than best situations. Glassdoor reviews are anonymous, but if you'd like ... More

6. "Customer Service"

Current Employee - Csr1 in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Csr1 in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Dentsply Sirona full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great company to work for. They offer great pay, benefits and have a very good work/life balance. They buy lunch for employees and and even have trips and culture events. They do their best to make you feel like you are

Cons

No room for movement or advancement. Job can feel stagnant sometimes as you take calls 8 hrs a day. The work culture is pretty good, really good people there. Waay better than most jobs you could have.

"Dentsply is the best at being the worst sort of business to work for"

Current Employee - If I Listed IT, I'd BE Fired Regardless of Company Policy in York, PA

I have been working at Dentsply Sirona full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is excellent at making money and squashing competition

Cons

Referring to the aforementioned "pros", the company doesn't really care how its employees are treated to obtain its goals.

Advice to Management

Drop the subterfuge and be honest with your employees. Don't say "We're all equal parts of this company, and there's no one employee who is more important than another" if you don't really mean it.

Apr 10, 2017 – Recruiter

8. "Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Dentsply Sirona (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company, awesome pay, solid products, amazing benefits especially the medical insurance

Cons

Management tends to micro manage, but overall does a great job and really cares about the employees.

"GAC Employee, Sarasota, FL"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Dentsply Sirona full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sarasota is a beautiful area to live and there are a lot of nice areas to live and raise a family.

Cons

Too many initiatives = projects are completed poorly, if at all
    Senior leadership struggles with indecision = nothing gets launched, you may meet for a year without a go / no go path
    Senior leadership could care less whether employees enjoy their work or have a good work culture = senior leadership stopped surveying employees about their feelings and how to improve the culture
    No one is happy = at least 5 people actively looking for other employment, 3 have been hired in the last 18 months. The other unhappy people aren't looking because they are stuck in a relocation agreement... but will tell you they will leave once that is completed
    Little to no training = you are expected to be "ramped up" and perform without proper knowledge of the business or industry
    NO processes in place = good luck figuring out how to complete your tasks efficiently - most people are new therefore, to learn they tell you to call someone who has worked there 10 years
    R&D doesn't plan for re-work = launch of products is years behind without learning from past mistakes
    Self manufacturing is slow, years late, and no learning from past issues and failures
    Company claims they are transparent, however, if you have to keep telling me you're transparent, you are NOT transparent.

Advice to Management

Get 3-5 clear initiatives that everyone works towards instead of trying to improve everything. Also, learn from your mistakes, to become better, safer and faster!!!!!

Mar 20, 2017 – Recruiter

10. "Making A Difference"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in York, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in York, PA

I have been working at Dentsply Sirona full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company values the patient and improving clinical outcomes for them. Really smart, committed professionals that want to make a difference for the company and patients.

Cons

Still somewhat hierarchical at corporate especially approvals for funding any resources,

Advice to Management

Empower your leaders to make fiduciary decisions. This will go a long way with driving change faster in the organization and building confidence in your teams.

11. "Leaders in the Dentistry"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Dentsply Sirona full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefits, management support, #1 in several product lines. Work/life balance

Cons

Not usually the lowest price on products but excellent value

Advice to Management

Keep leading the way!