Dentsply Sirona Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Don Casey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Very good Team and work life balance" (in 21 reviews)

• "Good benefits, Fair salary, Good enviornment" (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • "No as such because work life balance you can manage as per will" (in 12 reviews)

• "HR will railroad Upper management only cares about stock holders" (in 20 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Engineer"

I have been working at Dentsply Sirona full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Dentsply Sirona is a growing company that appreciates its employees and offers a true family atmosphere where we are one team with one goal to earn lasting partnerships by designing and building exceptional projects as if they were our own. Every one works to find solutions and works as a team.

Cons

There are none. We have an excellent leadership team, great employee benefits, fun employee events, extra paychecks, annual bonuses, and a true family atmosphere where people like and respect each other and the value each position brings.

Advice to Management

No Advice

2. "Wellspect Healthcare “First Class”"

Current Employee - District Sales Manager
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager

I have been working at Dentsply Sirona full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Wellspect Healthcare is a first class company that truly cares about the improved quality of life for it’s LoFric end users. The Managing Director & Regional Sales Mangers are the most devoted and engaged group I’ve had the pleasure to work with. I’ve never felt more respected or that my opinion truly matters more than I do working here-it is very refreshing.

This product really changes lives and it is inspiring to be a part of that. The quality of the product is unmatched and the organization is a rare find in a sea of micromanaged, “me too”
    companies.

Cons

Competitors can be less than honest which can require extra reassurance to customers

Advice to Management

Continue the patient focus — it’s why we do what we do and what sets us apart

3. "Corporate environment is toxic"

I worked at Dentsply Sirona full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fair pay, benefits, nice vacation package

Cons

Supervisors do not care about your growth, success or training. Very little support or guidance. Unrealistic expectations. High turnover in lower level positions. Poor culture and values at the top causes negativity to trickle down to lower levels.

Advice to Management

Strive for an environment that is welcoming and inclusive to all. Treat new employees like human beings. Provide training and support. Generally speaking care about people other than yourselves.

4. "Can be a good job, depending..."

I worked at Dentsply Sirona full-time

Pros

A well established company with good benefits, safety programs, and work environments. The pay can be good depending on position. In the more educated positions there are frequent opportunities for advancement as people move up or out.

Cons

There wasn't much company investment in the division I worked at. Despite having a huge bankroll our production and quality was hindered by outdated machinery that should have been replaced long ago. It was disappointing to know that the Sirona branch (in Germany) enjoyed a state-of-the-art manufacturing environment that was capable of producing better quality in higher volumes.
    The pay for production personnel ranged from ok to not as good as Walmart, and some production lines were in a constant state of re-hiring and training as people came and went.
    The state of flux in management was frustrating as well. Just as soon as you became comfortable enough with your sphere of regular contacts someone was leaving the company or moving up. I don't believe there is ample incentive to keep quality individuals in the rolls where they are needed, and Dentsply doesn't seem to care. Customer service is very hindered due to this, along with the fact that the company wants to keep a skeleton crew. I knew several of the CS personnel and all were overworked, under supported, and unhappy.

Advice to Management

If you have a profitable manufacturing facility, invest in it where and as needed. If you have production level employees who show promise, train them as needed to supervisor and manager positions, as they know the product best. Identify personnel that are exceptional in their rolls and make an attempt to keep them there with incentives. I a department has high turnover and an overworked populace, higher more people and give them more incentive to stay.

5. "Great job but loyalty is not rewarded"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Dentsply Sirona full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, great experience, friendly CO-workers. Great company But you’re probably better off using this as a stepping stone to something better.

Cons

You’re only as good as your last sale. Targets are constantly changing. Sales reps constantly have to fight for resources to do their job.

Advice to Management

Value your employees more, provide the resources they ask for.

6. "Tax Accountant"

Current Employee - Tax Accountant in York, PA
    Current Employee - Tax Accountant in York, PA

I have been working at Dentsply Sirona full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1. Great benefits
    2. Brand recognition
    3. Knowledgeable Staff

Cons

1. Less chance of growth.
    2. Compensation is not great.

7. "Great product, Terrible Leadership at Wellspect Healthcare"

Former Employee - District Business Manager @ Wellspect Healthcare in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Dentsply Sirona full-time (More than a year)

Pros

High quality, known product line

Cons

Terrible leadership at the top with unrealistic expectations when it comes to quota, samples, how to do business, and most importantly... how to treat your fellow co-workers.

8. "Great company but management and HR need to do a better job."

Former Employee - Production Unit Leader in Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Production Unit Leader in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Dentsply Sirona full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits package are good, the work conditions are comfortable and my co-workers in most part are friendly. You really don’t work to hard.

Cons

HR and upper management needs to pay more attention to their supervisors on the floor and how they treat people because they have a growing bad reputation. The organization and work flow is not good at times.

Advice to Management

Listen more to the people on the floor.

9. "CSR"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Dentsply Sirona full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits and pay scale are good but what has kept me at Wellspect for almost 5 years is the Wellspect Vision that Nikki McCormick really believes in and exemplifies to her employees.
    She is one to really be admired. I've worked in the healthcare industry all my adult life , the last 15+ in DME. Revenue had always been top priority at the other companies. It didn't matter at whose expense or what cost hitting those top numbers came with...we hit them.

Not to say that revenue is not priority at Wellspect...we all know that it is. But the number one top priority is the service we provide to our end-users.

It feels good to work for a company that believes in taking care of those that at the end of the day allow me the opportunity to work.

So yes there are no short cuts in hitting those darn "Numbers", hard work is required and Nikki will push us all especially her managers but only because she know what we're capable of. So no we're not going to upcode claims or increase usage...we're going to hit the numbers maintaining our core values and living the vision.

Cons

There is not much room for promotions or growth though I hope that changes in the next year as we continue to grow.

Advice to Management

Though education is important there are employees that have vast knowledge of the industry and product that can't be bought at a college. Consider promoting within and allow experience in lieu of a bachelor degree to be considered for a sales position.
    Also team building with co-workers would be a plus. At times it feels there is a division with sales, csr's, etc. A team building or once a year get together for all Wellspect employees to come together would be awesome.

10. "CAD Designer at Dentsply Sirona"

Current Employee - CAD Designer I in York, PA
    Current Employee - CAD Designer I in York, PA

I have been working at Dentsply Sirona part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture in R+D and a great leader (Kevin Lint). Lots of projects to keep you busy. Really fun team and atmosphere. Big desks. Willing to provide accommodations (some people that asked for them had standing desks and whatnot).

Cons

Buerocracy. Huge company which makes it feel like your not very important. HR controls everything and everyone is scared of them. Casual Fridays are not really casual.. You need to pay for the quarterly "dress down week" and its still not that casual.

Advice to Management

None for R+D.