Des Plaines Office Equipment Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Wonderful Career!"

Current Employee - Technology Consultant in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Current Employee - Technology Consultant in Elk Grove Village, IL

I have been working at Des Plaines Office Equipment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I thoroughly enjoy the work environment and professional atmosphere at DPOE, and my manager's management direction, guidance and counseling have been the source of great personal and career satisfaction to me. Great benefits and profit sharing programs.

Cons

No cons. They are continuously working to improve the lives of clients and employees.

Advice to Management

Keep on improving and growing.

2. "Great career opportunity!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Elk Grove Village, IL

Pros

Fantastic training class! A lot of effort was put into building the training program and gives you the tools to succeed on the job! Very good opportunity to make lots of money if you are willing to put in the work. Great company atmosphere with awards and events! Family environment!

Cons

It seems some upper management needs to communicate better with everybody.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! I enjoy working here and growing and developing my sales skills.

3. "Good old boys club"

Former Employee - Network & Computer Systems Engineer in Elk Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Network & Computer Systems Engineer in Elk Grove, IL

I worked at Des Plaines Office Equipment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, decent bonuses, and gifts, fun parties, good day-to-day work life.

Cons

Not a very professional environment, not enough structure, no real security, lots of inappropriate conduct, no real rules or regulation, low standards, no real processes or procedures, never know where you stand in the company, can be fired at any time with no real reason or warning

Advice to Management

Create more structure, make rules of conduct clear, create higher standards

"Great Sales Team!"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Elk Grove Village, IL

I worked at Des Plaines Office Equipment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This was my first job out of college and my manager took me under his wing like he did all his employees. He taught me a lot and cared about my career and success. Very great coworkers and the culture was very good. Company had holiday parties and summer picnics for all employees and really helped create a team atmosphere.

Cons

Owners are unaware of the volume of their voices and you hear them, but you don't deal with them directly so not really a problem.

Advice to Management

Learn to close doors for confidential discussions.

5. "Great Learning Experience!"

Former Employee - Technology Consultant in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Former Employee - Technology Consultant in Elk Grove Village, IL

I worked at Des Plaines Office Equipment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sales training is very well developed and a lot of work was put into it. Sales managers do a great a job and truly want their employees to succeed! Great benefits and unbeatable 401K plan.

Cons

Ownership has very old school mentality and that seems to be discouraging employees.

Advice to Management

Have someone that cares about your sales department run it. There are great managers there that can do it.

"Great Company, Awesome People!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL

I have been working at Des Plaines Office Equipment (More than a year)

Pros

I have to say that I enjoy my job, I enjoy working with every single person in this company. I am an employee who wears many hats, so my days go by fast. The one positive for me is this is a family owned company and you basically are working as a family, and they understand the whole family thing even outside of work. Working here for a little over 2 years, I have experienced that as long as you give 100% and you do your job to the best of your ability, it will NOT go unnoticed. I do hear thank you's and good jobs to many of my co-workers, which is awesome! If you have an issue or complaint or idea or anything, management is ALWAYS there to listen and do the best they can for any situation.

Cons

Every company has its flaws, it's just your own personal outlook/take on it. But I don't feel anything is that horrible to complain about, if you have an issue or problem, addressing it to management is the # 1 step in fixing it.

Advice to Management

Sometimes you just have to take a step back and breathe before reacting.... :)

"Great company to work for!!"

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Elk Grove Village, IL

Pros

By working hard to exceed expectations on a daily basis you will make a very good living and be rewarded by management. Company management works very hard to offer value added training to all employees. Proactive culture with an employee ran culture committee which gives employees a voice in ongoing process. I work for Vince and he is a great manager and I love working for him.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Continue offering valued added training to employees.

"Do the work and it's a great job"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Elk Grove Village, IL

I have been working at Des Plaines Office Equipment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you try your best to hit the goals they set out you will find success. If you do the work results will follow. Lot's of these negative reviews are from people who did not want to perform the work necessary for success.

Cons

Nothing in particular. If you do the job you make money and no one gives you a hard time.

"Great people looking to the future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, IL

I have been working at Des Plaines Office Equipment full-time

Pros

I believe this company has an excellent future. Managers are actively working to modernize and solve issues brought up by previous reviews. It's apparent that these managers genuinely care about the future of DPOE and their employees.

Great family atmosphere. I love the people I work with, and every person in every department in the company is willing to help you out because they believe in the company. You're allowed to joke around and have fun while maintaining a hard-working, professional atmosphere.

I have gained ample professional skills that I will carry with me for the rest of my life. I have also gained the opportunity to connect with and learn about businesses in the community.

Cons

Some negativity still. Still in the process of modernizing, but that won't happen overnight. Once those processes are worked out I believe DPOE will see large growth.

Advice to Management

Keep it up with the modernization! It's pretty clear to me at least that the old tactics are dying out and will continue not to be successful.

"Sales is Great Here!"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Palatine, IL
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Palatine, IL

I have been working at Des Plaines Office Equipment (More than a year)

Pros

There is a great atmosphere here! Employees are eager to help one another to solve a problem. The sales department is being developed for the future and is making great strides to increase revenues and better prepare reps for a career. I have been here for a decent amount of time and the negative comments on here are too funny! It's unfortunate that people can't put their name on here on, I'd like to see who does all the bashing of DPOE on here behind the safety of being anonymous.

Cons

There was a negative culture here, i will admit that. There is an employee culture committee that is doing it's part to make DPOE a better place to work.

Advice to Management

Be more open to ideas from employees. (again i believe this is being worked on.)