KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Updated Jun 10, 2021

3.5
Desert Financial Credit Union CEO Jeffrey Meshey
Jeffrey Meshey
Pros
  • "Not a bad organization, good benefits(in 12 reviews)

• "Great Benefits, price of healthcare just went down, 0(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "sales goals(in 5 reviews)

• "There is no help, coaching, guidance, praise or professionalism by Regional Directors or senior management(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

GREAT PLACE TO WORK AT

Jun 7, 2021 - Personal Banker in Gilbert, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

GREAT PLACE TO WORK AT

Cons

Don't have anything bad to say about this company

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Client Relationship Specialist

Jun 10, 2021 - Client Relationship Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great incentives, free snacks, not just stuck on the desert financial websites all day.

Cons

I've been with the company three years and they pay me less than new people coming in. They increased the teller wages and didn't increase ours. If short staffed they will have you do the teller role while telling you to keep up on your applications. With Covid they have been commonly short staffed. During the start of Covid they had us taking their customer service calls with little to no training. It is a branch position however they had no problem having us do the banker role and the customer service role.

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company to work for... unless you're working in HR.

May 18, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Papago, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

90% of the leaders within Desert Financial are truly fantastic people who truly care about their employee's personal and professional development, and taking the organization from good to great. Outside of HR, Desert Financial continually makes an effort to show appreciation for its employees.

Cons

HR should be the lifeblood of an organization, embodying core values and leading by example. This is NOT the case at Desert Financial. -Worklife balance is non-existent. -Constant and public humiliation is a regular occurrence. -Hard work and accomplishments are rarely recognized, while mistakes result in finger-pointing and shame. -Unqualified employees are promoted and receive constant praise, while those with talent are overlooked, made false promises, and ultimately choose to quit punishing themselves and resign. As a result of the constant turnover, leaders don't know who to turn to with ER or Talent related questions, consistently wondering "who still works in HR?"

Communications Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It has been shared with the appropriate leadership teams. We’re sorry your experience did not match your expectations during your time with our organization. We continuously look for ways to enhance employee satisfaction and engagement. Specifically, when it comes to work-life balance within the HR team, we have some room to grow. However, our overall employee satisfaction scores tell us that our employees are committed and engaged and have increased from 85% to 99%. Over the last year, we have ensured that our teams in HR and beyond are focused on the right work: impactful projects that help make a valuable impact while creating work-life integration. We have established strategy alignment, process management, and business enablement processes to ensure we continue to make improvements and continue to make an impact for our members. We are working hard to make Desert Financial and our subsidiaries the best place for our employees, our members, and our community and will continue to do so. We wish you the best in your career.

4. 5.0

Great job

May 12, 2021 - Experience Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Desert Financial is going through big changes

Cons

Hard to promote to next level

Communications Specialist

Thank you for your review. We agree that Desert Financial is going through big changes that will be for the better! One of those changes is the transformation of our retail/branch teams, which will lead to more clear-cut career progression. If you have more feedback to share on this or other topics, please send us an email at wecare@desertfinancial.com. We are grateful to have you on our team!

5. 4.0
      Current Employee

Member Advocate

May 4, 2021 - Loan Officer in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great opportunities to learn banking Experience

Cons

Very heavy sales driven in the position

Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We are happy to hear that you have learned a lot about the financial industry and gotten some good job experience so far. The Member Relationship Specialist (formerly the Member Advocate) position does have a sales focus, and we do our best to make sure all of our team members have the resources they need to be successful in this role. We are also working to elevate and transform the roles on our retail team to provide more career progression. Thank you for being a part of our team!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Love this company

Apr 9, 2021 - Experience Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Quarterly bonuses if you hit the requirements as well as a end of the year bonus. They treat employees very well. Management is very organized and members are super nice too.

Cons

sometimes you have to do cold calls to get some referrals but otherwise very nice company

Communications Specialist

Thank you for your review, we were delighted to read it. We do our best to share success with our team, and we are glad that has been reflected in your experience so far. If you have any further feedback to share, please send us an email at wecare@desertfinancial.com.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee

Good

May 22, 2021 - N/A
      Business Outlook

Pros

Enjoyed working there great benefits.

Cons

Favoritism and no communication between others

Communications Specialist

Hello! Thank you for leaving us a review. We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us and were able to take advantage of our excellent benefits. Our leadership team has put a renewed focus on communication within teams and across the organization with our strategic plan. If you have any further feedback to share about your time with us, and any improvements that can be made to your previous team, we would love to hear them at wecare@desertfinancial.com.

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good Company

Mar 6, 2021 - Project Manager in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of good people that care about each other and the company. Lots of people change jobs within the company. they try to do a lot of things for staff.

Cons

There is a lot of work and upper management needs to plan better.

Communications Specialist

Hello and thank you for your review! We agree that we have some of the best employees because they care about our community, our members, and their teammates. It's why we do our best to help our employees feel appreciated, through our benefits, employee discounts, and special employee events! We also agree that there's a lot of work to be done to make sure we are always giving our members the best possible experience! We have conveyed your feedback to our management team.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Honestly the best place to work in Phx

Feb 12, 2021 - Communications Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management actually cares about what you want to do long term. They send you cards even if you’re remote. They give back to the community and it’s just really special. Tons of people have worked at DF for 20+ years.

Cons

I wish we didn’t use Skype and used something more collaborative.

Communications Specialist

We appreciate your feedback! Giving back to our community and our team are two of the most important things we can do. We have passed along your suggestion about Skype, and encourage you to send an email to wecare@desertfinancial.com if you have any suggestions for more collaborative communication platforms. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are top of mind for our leadership team, and there are plans to continue to improve our efforts in these areas. Thank you!

10. 4.0

Great Starter Job Into Banking

Feb 6, 2021 - Teller in Mesa, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

paid vacation, sick time, flexible scheduling, paid holidays off, free tuition through ASU Online.

Cons

Pay could be better. Being a teller is still an entry level job so you will still interact with coworkers who are not professional. Customer service role can be exhausting, and office politics are definitely present.

Communications Specialist

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your balanced feedback on your experience so far. We work hard to provide our team a selection of the best benefits possible and appreciate you listing the ones that you have enjoyed the most. Each role has unique challenges, which is why we strive to provide all the training that our branch staff needs to be successful. Additionally, we make sure to fairly compensate all team members with competitive pay. For the teller position, that also includes the opportunity to receive a quarterly member experience payout as well as a quarterly TEAM Bonus incentive. We are sorry to hear that you've experienced unprofessionalism in the workplace. We have shared that feedback, along with your insightful advice to management, with leadership. Thank you!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 155 Reviews