Desert Springs Hospital Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Desert Springs Hospital CEO Jeremy Bradshaw
Jeremy Bradshaw
1 Rating

1. "One of the best place to work in"

Current Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

Friendly staff and co workers

Cons

Sometimes you can get lazy nurses to work with

2. "Staff Development Coordinator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Pros

Benefits, on site cafeteria, small campus, friendly employees

Cons

Nepitism, favortism, employees are not as valued as Department Heads.

3. "Poor Management"

Pros

Good benefits package and working hours.

Cons

Low pay and really poor management

Advice to Management

Support your staff and get organized.

5. "dietetic intern"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

friendly, kind, nice, and patient people

Cons

not as much help from everyone

6. "CCRN"

Former Employee - Staff RN in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Staff RN in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Desert Springs Hospital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Awesome teamwork and great management

Cons

Cafeteria food expensive and bad

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. I have enjoyed my career at DSH.

7. "ER Tech"

Former Employee - Executive Director Technician/Unit Coordinator in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Desert Springs Hospital (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay and benefits are good.

Cons

The working environment here is like high school with ashtrays. Unless you kiss everyone's butts, or are one of the "cool kids", you'll barely get a hello from anyone. There are painfully obvious cliques, and everyone looks down their noses at you. This is NOT a fun place to be!
    The "training" is extremely poorly organized, averages about 9 shifts over 3 weeks, and you're expected to know it all by then, or you're going to be looked upon as an idiot, and spoken to as such.

Advice to Management

When you get someone who has more emergency experience than most of your staff, but who has only worked in the field, don't be so condescending if they don't pick things up as fast as you expect them to. Making someone feel belittled and embarrassed isn't the way to entice anyone to be part of your team. Have some patience and understanding that they come from an entirely different scenario, and that just because their knowledge may be different, although parallel to what you're asking for, it doesn't give you the right to treat them like crap, or not care about/consider what they're saying. Being nasty because someone isn't picking up your way of doing things in 3 weeks is unacceptable. How long do you think it would take you to learn how to be on an ambulance, not know what you're going to find, and be without all of your support staff and computers? I'm betting longer than the time you give others. Bottom line is that just because someone hasn't spent their career in a hospital with computers, safe environments, and plenty of help, doesn't mean that they can adapt overnight from what they're used to. Be fair and kind to the people that you hire, and you just *might* have a better retention rate! Behaving like stuck up elitists isn't the way to encourage people to stay, even if the money is good. Allowing nurses to act like children who run to management for the tiniest, unrealistic, (often false) and/or imagined patient care "issues" (because they don't like someone) instead of actually talking to the person in question, is just ridiculous.
    We're all adults, and the staff there needs to start behaving like it. There is NO excuse for anything else to be an acceptable standard. I was repeatedly told that my patient care was exemplary, yet it made no difference in how I was treated.
    With the exception of roughly two nurses who appreciated me for my contributions (who happened to be male and always ignored all of the petty bs.), my experience there was completely miserable, and I'd never recommend it as a place to work.

8. "Dietary Clerk"

Current Employee - Dietary Aide in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Dietary Aide in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Desert Springs Hospital full-time

Pros

The Employees Are So Friendly It's A Good Place To Work For

Cons

The Pay It's Not So Great For Working So Much Hours You Work Is Not Worth It.

Advice to Management

Appreciate Your Workers For The Hard Work They Do , even When They Come On On They're Day Off

"Cna"

Current Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Desert Springs Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work atmosphere. Good teamwork and coworkers. A lot experience in differents areas. Love working in a hospital setting and working with the patients.

Cons

Very little over time offered. Not much opportunity for advancement. Would like to learn new things and get new experience in different areas.

"I've been here for a little while now"

Pros

very easy to approach the CEO, he is very accessible and knows A LOT of the employee's names. Administration is all very friendly!

Cons

The actual building is old, maintenance has their hands full every time it rains! They do a good job though, and things are fixed in a timely manner.

11. "Unit Coordinator"

I have been working at Desert Springs Hospital full-time

Pros

Choosing the schedule I want and pretty much getting it most of the time.

Cons

Sometime feeling appreciated but it's still not a bad place to work for what I do.