Determined Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Andrew Diana
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Best opportunity out there"

I have been working at Determined Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great mentoring, support and base salary/commission paid weekly. Opportunity to travel

Cons

Lots of mileage on the vehicle, but compensated well via commission.

Advice to Management

Keep bringing in sharper people

"Not cool"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Greensboro, NC

Pros

When you first start they are the sweetest people you ever want to meet... You're getting your apps they are happy... But don't have an off day....

Cons

Hopefully you don't get sick working for this company because you will get fired... Not to mention it's like you're disturbing the people trying to come in for a peaceful shopping experience

Advice to Management

Take better care of your workers out there on their grind everyday and they will take care of you!!

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Determined Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is awesome to work for they treat you as an equal, support you in advancement and support your success. In 5weeks of employment I was promoted by owner recognizing my hard work. I been to regional meeting and Everyone! was very forthcoming with knowledge. This companies primary goal is to train you to be successful. Not one day has gone by in the last 4 months have I not wanted to go to work. The support from coast to coast is remarkable. Never have I had a company with such success treat me as an equal like this company has no matter how far up the chain you go. I'm so pleased to be part of the Determined Marketing Family. I look forward to my future opportunities because I have finally found a company that will recognize and produce opportunities if you work hard.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say. I am very blessed to work with this company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the support, hard work and you for allowing me to be a part of the Determined Marketing family.

4. "A work enviroment full of OPPURTUNITY!!!!!"

I have been working at Determined Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are looking for a place to grow and enjoy coming to work, this is the place!

Cons

I have nothing bad to about this company!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing which is supporting your employees and such a fun, safe and positive work environment!

"Incredible Life Experience"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Greensboro, NC

Pros

First of all, I would like to say that Drew and Julie Diana of the Charlotte market are absolutely hands down 100% once in a lifetime incredible people. I urge any and all of you who are given the opportunity to work with them to approach this opportunity with an open mind and student mentality. Drew and Julie have so much to share with you and to speak into your life, IF and only IF you are willing leave your ego, everything you've learned before, and skepticism at the door. You have to be ready to work hard and step out of your comfort zone and you WILL make A LOT of money. They know what they are doing and trust me when I say they are very good at what they do.

Drew has an open-door policy and is more of a COACH, LEADER, and MENTOR than a boss. He encourages mistakes as teachable moments. He's also a very tough boss with high expectations. He will hold you accountable and you will be better for it. His wife, Julie, is the backbone of his office and is a highly organized individual. She is more than happy to support you with any and all of your needs. If you are new to this position, I urge you to utilize her! She was always very helpful to me.

If you desire CLASS A sales training and marketing techniques and tactics, you are in the right place. The skills you will acquire at this job position will make you A LOT of money over your lifetime if applied correctly in ANY AREA of your life. If you were given this incredible opportunity, I urge you to take it very seriously and give it 100%. The training you will receive here is a gift that keeps on giving. Forget anything you have learned before, leave your ego at the door and allow yourself to be changed forever by this opportunity. With the proper mindset going in, ambition, and pure motivation, you cannot go wrong here.

Not only will you make really great friends and be a part of a company with an awesome family atmosphere, you are going to have A LOT of FUN! Drew is a very generous and giving boss, who invests in his employees on a weekly basis. During my time in Drew and Julie's office, they fed me dinner on multiple occasions, took me to an NFL game!, gave away 2 TV's to high performers, bought breakfast, doughnuts, orange juice, coffee, and the list goes on and on about how much Drew and Julie care about you.

There just aren't words enough to say what an incredible opportunity this was for me, how much it changed my life, and how much fun I had at Determined Marketing. It is literally a part of me and I will never, ever, forget the time I spent at Determined Marketing. This position is a life changer. Drew and Julie are life-changers. It's the hardest I've ever worked and the most rewarding position I've ever had. I can't speak for every market manager in this program, but Drew and Julie are amazing leaders, mentors, and coaches. Go in with a humble mind-set, ready to learn, and ready to become your best self.

If you continue in this program, you have a Six-figure potential in a relatively short amount of time. If you are not able to continue in this position, you will leave a refined professional, with skills to pay the bills for a life time anyway.

Cons

The downside of working at Determined Marketing is that is a very demanding position. It will make you or break you.

I can say it's not the most Mom-friendly position. I worked very long and hard hours for months on end, and eventually I just wasn't able to continue, but I was very, very, blessed to come in with an open mind and take from the experience so many things that will serve me very well in the future.

This job requires you initially to step way out of your comfort zone. I wouldn't let that be a deal-breaker for you. You'd really be missing out. Go in and give it your absolute best shot.

There is some traveling required. You can look at this one of two ways.
    You can look at this as a major negative, or you can look at it as over-coming fears and crossing boundaries you wouldn't have normally crossed.

You are going to build some awesome and profitable relationships during your time at Determined Marketing.

Advice to Management

Work out an alternative program or placement that is equally profitable to women and mothers looking to participate and grow with you.

"It is a Cult with a Pyramid Scheme"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Determined Marketing full-time

Pros

There really isn't a "Pro" that I can give to this company. If I had to say something, then it would be that you get some basic sales training.

Cons

Do not listen to a single positive review for this company. They are having their employees log in to give false ratings and statements. It's a Pyramid Scheme with a cult mentality. Work 6 days a week and split your sales with people who "manage" you. If you have any kind of education, then stay away. These people are leeches. You'll owe them money if you quit and that's how they get you. Make minimum wage unless you have sales, then have what they paid you in hourly while you were not making sales taken out of your check after you start making sales. You are trained to be absurdly aggressive to potential customers. They expect for the employee to give up any personal life that they might have and force "team nights" on them at local bars.

Advice to Management

Stop filling people full of nonsense. You run a crooked business and will one day be revealed for what you truly are... Con Men.

Determined Marketing Response

Feb 1, 2016 – VP of Human Resources

The type of pay structure you're describing sounds like the "draw system" pay structure that was in place when Determined Marketing started in 2010. Starting January 1st, 2014 Determined... More

7. "It's a place that makes you feel like home."

Former Employee - Account Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Determined Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I felt welcomed from the point of the phone call to to book my interview. I walked in and met the hiring manager. He was very humble about his position explained the opportunity his company offers. I can honestly say iv never interviewed somewhere like this before.

Cons

I have no cons! It's a big building easy to find.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Determined Marketing Response

Sep 23, 2015 – VP of Human Resources

Thank you so much for the kind remarks! It's awesome and makes our day to hear how pleased you were with the interview process!

8. "Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Tons of growth opportunities and a great working environment.

Cons

I have yet to experience anything bad.

9. "great career move"

I have been working at Determined Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company will make sure you are set up for success also its a great opportunity. The work I put in has always paid out and helped me become successful.

Cons

If you have a poor work ethic this is not the job for you

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!!

10. "Account Manager/Intern"

I have been working at Determined Marketing full-time

Pros

Great growth opportunity and fantastic office environment made this job awesome.

Cons

None that I could think of, not for the faint of heart but it will build work ethic that you will carry with you.

Advice to Management

None.