KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 115 of over 130 reviews

2.7
Detroit Business Consulting President Michael Rosenberg
Michael Rosenberg
Pros
  • "Great starting point for a sales career in a great work environment(in 11 reviews)

• "This is a business development - sales and marketing company(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Cold calling and door to door sales(in 42 reviews)

• "It's a door to door sales company(in 28 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Account Manager

Aug 9, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people. Great Atmosphere. Ability to build your own team and advance quickly.

Cons

commission based (at least when i worked there, that may have changed) high turnover

4 people found this review helpful
    2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

worst place to work at

Dec 18, 2020 - Account Manager in Detroit, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

cult mentality so it makes you think you have friends.

Cons

no real compensation, lied about avg salary

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 4.0

Good place

Aug 14, 2020 - Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good atmosphere and a cool people

Cons

You work for full commission

Be the first to find this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Consistent Growth and Fun Environment

Jun 9, 2014 - Account Manager in Troy, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

DBC offers a ton of great reasons for why someone would want to work here. For me, it was their clear advancement opportunity to senior management. I was told within the first week exactly what I needed to do in order to get promoted and had multiple coaches a long the way help me achieve both my professional and personal goals. During my 1.5 years there, I also appreciated the positive and upbeat work environment. I can say I genuinely knew all of my colleagues and that made coming into work much more pleasant and enjoyable. I was also fortunate enough to see the company expand to 4 new locations throughout the US during my tenure, which made it very clear to all the employees that growth was actually attainable.

Cons

I really can't think of any actual cons to working with DBC. I'd say at times the work can be challenging, but with the support of coaches, and open communication, I was able to overcome any obstacles I faced.

Detroit Business Consulting Response

Thanks for the honest feedback

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Worked Here 4 Years and Learned a Ton

May 2, 2014 - Assistant Manager in Troy, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked here four years and have traveled to more places than most people travel for their job - Chicago, Philly, Miami, NYC, Atlanta, Vegas, Indianapolis, etc. The company does sales and marketing - I've worked on campaigns for some of the largest companies in the country handling their accounts. On a daily basis I'm meeting with owners of companies and consulting with them on their business services. This is what I've learned since working here- How valuable systems are in the sales and marketing world How to teach and train other people How to actually talk to a business owner and gain them as a customer How to interview How to be self motivated and go after my goals I was promoted into a management position in my 2nd year, which is not something most people have the opportunity to achieve with a company.

Cons

I've had to learn how to take a "no" as business instead of personal You've got to hear no's to hear a yes Depending on the campaign, there can be a lot of product knowledge to learn

11 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

I couldn't have asked for a better job to start my career & future endeavors.

Dec 11, 2015 - Leader/Account Manager in Troy, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you are serious about starting your career, this is the best way to do it. You learn just about everything you need to know if you ever plan on being an entrepreneur. You're trained by some of the top people currently working the marketing industry. They push you to reach your full potential in sales, marketing, management, leadership, & public speaking. They want you to succeed, so they give you all of the knowledge they can in order to do so. On top of that, the office has thee most positive & uplifting atmosphere I have experienced so far. Mike Rosenberg & Kyle Norman are great mentors that will push you beyond what you thought you were capable of.

Cons

What you get out of this job is entirely based on your effort. If you aren't interested in working hard, I would look elsewhere for employment... like McDonald's.

16 people found this review helpful
    7. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

What you put into it is what you will get!

May 10, 2013 - Account Representative in Troy, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere, opportunities to advance are there you just have to give it your all, management is great! Very professional but fun office environment. After my first two weeks, I was promoted and went out on my own. I gave the sales pitch my own twist and became an excellent seller. I was actually making pretty good money.

Cons

The wear and tear on your vehicle is definitely a factor, and the work gets very repetitive and boring. Just like with any other job, you have to get in good with management. If you do that and repeatedly hit your goals, you can be promoted from entry-level very quickly. Overall, you have to make your work day exciting. On certain days they let you team up with others so that you won't be as bored and hopefully cover more ground. I was promoted within two weeks, and I definitely saw the difference. Respect went up 100%, but I earned that.

5 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Reasons Why It's Ranked Top Work Places in Metro Detroit

Apr 8, 2014 - Account Manager in Troy, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Detroit Business Consulting is such a breath of fresh of from previous jobs I've had. The work environment is easily the best around. A fresh, young office with people who care about the opportunity they're providing you with. Really cool to see the owner, Mike, in the office every single day and that he genuinely cares about his employees. Sharp, talented and hard working office and we still make time for office nights once a week to have fun and get to know each other. There's really no doubt in my mind as to why it was voted top work places.

Cons

The owner Mike has been super successful in the business and therefore holds each and everyone of us to a high standard, always pushing us to be the best. It's a management in training program so you are held accountable for yourself on a daily basis.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Very fun place to call home!

Aug 14, 2014 - Account Manager in Troy, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

The reason that I love working at DBC is because of the work that they do. To my knowledge, DBC is the only sales and marketing company in Michigan that works with non-profit organizations. So not only am I advancing my career professional, but I am also making a difference everyday helping those who are less fortunate. The opportunity for advancement is really what peaked my interest initially because they have been expanding so rapidly but it's the people that makes this place so special. I truly am excited to walk through the doors everyday because I love the people that I work with and the positive work environment!

Cons

The trainers do have a very strong work ethic and they expect the same out of the people they are training. If you are just looking for a job to get by this place probably isn't a good fit for you. People that aren't self-motivated or driven probably won't do well here.

11 people found this review helpful

Detroit Business Consulting Response

Thanks for the honest response

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

DBC is the future of Entrepreneurs

May 26, 2015 - Account Manager in Troy, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Detroit Business Consulting creates the most opportunity out of any company I've seen thus far. Between the room for advancement, positive & fun atmosphere, as well as the outgoing, motivated, and driven colleagues, DBC is a management in training program that has it all. The company provides a competitive yet friendly and upbeat ambiance, and provides countless opportunities ranging from traveling across the globe to attending Detroit sports games. The business is extremely rewarding in all aspects and is everything I could have dreamed of and more. It's not everyday you can say you work for a company that is providing you with the opportunity to become an entrepreneur and helping you work towards opening up your own office every step of the way. I am very fortunate and proud to call myself a member of the DBC crew.

Cons

What you put into the business is 110% what you get out of it. It requires work ethic, dedication, and a high student mentality. "Work hard now so you don't have to later."

HR Manager

Thank you! We work hard and some people don't like that, we appreciate your honest feedback! ~ DBC

Viewing 1 - 10 of 115 Reviews