Detroit Business Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Detroit Business Consulting President Michael Rosenberg
Michael Rosenberg

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great starting point for a sales career in a great work environment" (in 11 reviews)

• "Great atmosphere with amazing people to work with" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Cold calling and door to door sales" (in 41 reviews)

• "It's a door to door sales company" (in 28 reviews)

1. "Account Manager"

I worked at Detroit Business Consulting full-time

Pros

Great people. Great Atmosphere. Ability to build your own team and advance quickly.

Cons

commission based (at least when i worked there, that may have changed)
    high turnover

Advice to Management

keep doing what you're doing

2. "Hott mess"

Pros

Nothing at all. I'd rather out a bullet in my head

Cons

Spent money outta pocket to work.

Advice to Management

Biggest tools u probably ever meet. Fake pretty boys pretending to be big shots.

"Shady Business, used to Detroit Business Consulting"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Troy, MI

I worked at Detroit Business Consulting full-time

Pros

People are all in 20s or 30s, however that just shows they consistently violate the Age Discrimination Act

Cons

Commission based salary
    Travel the whole day without reimbursement for gas mileage
    Cold calling and door to door sales
    Job titles are entirely misleading, such as “Account Manager” where they don’t manage any accounts, they just look to sell to more customers

Advice to Management

Sell this multi level marketing scheme of a business

"Marketing Internship"

Pros

Very Professional. everyone in the office was friendly and very professional

Cons

Did not seem very legitimate

"welcome to a nightmare"

Former Employee - SEO Recruiter in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - SEO Recruiter in Troy, MI

I worked at Detroit Business Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

casual work environment, full of entertaining itself

Cons

Everything about this company is fake and a shallow fabricated lie. Mike Rosenberg preys on new grads out of college that don't know any better and promises them a job full of opportunity, which is far from accurate. Not only did I discover that my job title was not even real in the professional job world (he made it up and turned it into a tactic for recruiting more interview candidates), but I vividly remember being responsible on occasion for entertaining a lobby of 10+ candidates who all knew something shady was going on. You could see people feeling weird that there were often 10-15 people of all ages and backgrounds applying for jobs at the same time for different companies in the same office that fits 30 people, max. We often didn't even have room for everyone leaving them to stand and kind of wonder what the hell was going on... I also watched so many HOPEFUL old men and minorities left waiting to be picked last for an interview, even if they arrived first. Mike Rosenberg did not make it a secret AT all that he didn't give an f about them representing his company or remotely show consideration for their time or enthusiasm for being there in the first place, it was heartbreaking. Mike Rosenberg was so focused on numbers he literally got me-specifically on a job posting for "sports marketing" when his company does nothing remotely close to it whatsoever. DBC sells door to door Comcast subscriptions, and so will you if you apply. They are called a multi level marketing scheme and better known as a pyramid scheme, and are a business subsidiary of Credico which is well known for its class action lawsuits for the practice of unethical and unsustainable business strategy. This company is riddled with dishonesty, unfair targeting, creepy marketing tactics, weird and uncomfortable behavior and is located in a vacant and empty foreclosed building. If you wonder why you are pulling into an almost vacant empty parking lot for an interview in a skycraper-level business building, you are getting the right idea.

Oh and most importantly, even tho he promised us salary + paid commission on our numbers every week, I had to confront him EVERY SINGLE WEEK bcs he underpaid me and pretended he "didn't mean" to forget adding commission to my check every week (sometimes up to/over $100 expected-missing, even around christmas). It was an ongoing issue that never once resolved itself. I knew girls who worked there much longer then I did that still felt upset and conflicted at being shorted on their paycheck and still felt uncomfortable confronting him about it. Try asking for your money you were owed, promised and expected and see how it makes you feel.

Advice to Management

dishonesty, the treatment of good people, and having no concern for customer/employee reviews will be your downfall

"Do your research"

Pros

They will buy you lunch during your first interview and you get to wear your favorite clothing items from forever 21

Cons

Door to door. Pyramid scheme.hardly any pay. You won't move up until you have tricked enough people into working for you

Advice to Management

Quick tricking people

7. "If you can't see the big picture and afraid of hard work then go apply at McDonalds"

Current Employee - Top Team Leader in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Top Team Leader in Troy, MI

I have been working at Detroit Business Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is huge growth and opportunity if you work hard and set your mind on the bigger picture. Many people write bad reviews because they are the ones who have everything handed to them on a silver platter. You can't expect to be a boss if you are not going to start from the bottom and work your way to the top. Everyone is like family here and we all have the same goal. You can't find this just anywhere. Motivation and setting goals is the main key here at DBC.

Cons

Sometimes you will have bad days and it can affect your performance. However, you will have more good days then bad days. Honestly the only thing I can complain about and it's definitely not the business' s problem is the taxes on the commission. If you work hard you are going to make money and it's never capped.

Advice to Management

Management is sometimes a bit hard on people who are trying so hard to stay motivated. Just be a bit more understanding. Other than that I think everyone and everything at DBC is amazing.

"Fun People to work with/Terrible job, ownership screws employees"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Pros

I enjoyed some of the trips that we went on (all expenses are your responsibility besides hotel) because I enjoyed hanging out with coworkers.

Cons

The company does not value its employees at all. Every penny you make that same amount goes to management so they are just trying to have as many employees employed as possible because pay is entirely commission. You will rack up thousands of miles on your personal car and receive zero reimbursement even when you go on business trips. This business is 100% a scam that only makes the owner of the company rich. Expect to work over 50 hour a week minimum and even if you are one of the top employees in the office expect to consistently make only 600 dollars a week post tax.

Advice to Management

It absolutely baffles me that I was not told that his is a commission based job. In the interview I was told until promotion I would make 500 dollars per week and after promotion I would receive a raise. THIS WAS A FLAT OUT lie. As I mentioned before management wants as many employees as possible because it cost them nothing to employee you and they will literally tell you anything to get you to accept the job. Great jobs with great benefits do not exist if you have no training or experience. Also I many employees were openly racist and homophobic in the office on a constant basis and the workplace environment was very unprofessional.

"SCAM!"

Former Employee - Sales Marketing in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Marketing in Troy, MI

I worked at Detroit Business Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Their culture is so much fun and positive. Everyone is really nice and they "want" you to grow. Personally I feel like its all fake so you wont quit. But if it was a legit job the culture would be amazing.

Cons

NO PAY! door to door They told me I would get a $600 sign in bonus for training and I did not. The catch which they don't tell you that training is $200 for 40+ hours and if you make 2 sales you get $200 a piece. So I was there for 2 weeks went out with my Team leader made 2 sales just like they said quit in January. You think I got paid? NOPE called my former team leader and he was like remember you were supposed to make 2 sales and I told him I did and he continued to lie and say that he would look into it. Never heard from him again. They don't teach you product knowledge just how to talk to people. Also beware they have a bunch of different business names within DBC so beware of all of them. Turn over is huge always interviewing a ton of people everyday.

Advice to Management

I don't know maybe pay your staff what you said you were going to pay.

"Unorganized - Avoid"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Detroit, MI

I worked at Detroit Business Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy to get hired. Cool environment but it isn't genuine.

Cons

Confusion in the office. Was told I had received the job through a phone interview, but was never given follow up information. When I called to confirm the receptionist said she had no information on me. I received a call back from someone else at 9:30pm on a Sunday telling me that I was due to start the next morning, when I had come to an agreement with a manager that I would start at another date.

That's not even the issue though, I had to fight tooth and nail just to get paid. More issues with management I guess.

Advice to Management

Do better.