Dew Software Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Dew Software President & CEO Suresh Deopura
Suresh Deopura

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • on time salary , no issue with salary ,always on time and given what is promised (in 2 reviews)

• Whatever they promised me that have fulfilled (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No 401K, expensive medical plans (in 4 reviews)

• Basically, The company is a one man show and that man is arrogant and greedy, he will talk anything to you and about you (in 3 reviews)

1. "Very good company to work with."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Dew Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked with dew software for almost 18 months. When I joined the company initially I got scared after reading some mixed reviews/feedback about this company on Glassdoor. After staying with this company for an year and half I NEVER felt that the reviews were correct.

I got paid always on time. 2 weeks paid vacation, friendly staff - they always walk an extra mile to help you. Dew had a very good sales team they had helped me in finding a new project once my old one was completed.

Whatever they promised me that have fulfilled. I highly recommend this compnay to my friends and colleagues.

Cons

No 401K, expensive medical plans.

Advice to Management

You guys are rocking, keep up the good work.

"Review"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Fremont, CA

I worked at Dew Software (More than 3 years)

Pros

None. nothing. wast of time.

Cons

Greedy President - Suresh Deopura
    Perfect Liar - No good contacts what so ever for his body shopping provider business

Advice to Management

doesn't going to make any difference.

3. "Best experience I had working as a Contractor."

Former Employee - QA Engineer in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - QA Engineer in Fremont, CA

Pros

They are really helpful! They got me a job at Tesla and couldn't be more happier.

Cons

I have no cons at all. All my experience I had with them was just awesome.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! You guys are helping a lot of people get jobs!

"Ok to start with, No growth opportunities, Poor Employee communication, Zero Benefits, Poor marketing"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Dew Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked with Dew Software for couple of years. i transferred my visa from another company because the management promised me many great opportunities when I applied for a position. they have some good clients and they can help with giving initial break.

Cons

When my project got finished after almost 2 years, they could not find me a project. Their marketing team is terrible. In 1 month, i did not receive a single call.
    also communication from management is horrible. You ask one question you will get answer for something else. If any salary adjustment made, then HR will not tell. you have to see your paystub and then call and ask why you paid less. then they will explain.
    company big boss must not talk, communication skills is bad and will either try to be funny or he will scold you. no balance.
    company also does not take care to visit employees, see how they are doing and all. also company benefits is very poor. no 401k option, health insurance contribution is pathetic,

Advice to Management

improve marketing team, improve communication, offer better benefits

5. "Great company"

Former Contractor - Senior Hardware Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Former Contractor - Senior Hardware Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Dew Software as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Very well organized, clear definition of job responsibility, fast document processing and hiring.

Cons

Somewhat low hourly rates, no benefits, contract job without prospective.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work but negotiate better contract rates.

6. "Best place to work"

I have been working at Dew Software full-time

Pros

Give us opportunity to work in peaceful environment and best place. Also, company think about its employees.

Cons

There is no cons. I love to work here.

Advice to Management

Company should have best planning and opportunities for his employees.

"Great company to work for with friendly and helpful staff"

Former Contractor - Senior Software Engineer in Germantown, MD
    Former Contractor - Senior Software Engineer in Germantown, MD

I worked at Dew Software as a contractor

Pros

My name is Mark K. I worked at DEW Software (contract in Germantown, MD)
    Working at DEW has been great ! Management were always willing to help. Salary in time.

Cons

Nothing really crucial comes to mind.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing !

"Started okay, but the last few months have been quite bad. Not sure if I will last a whole year with this company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Dew Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

not worth mentioning a single word in this section. I am already looking out for opportunities. I don't understand how somebody can stick with this employer for more than 6 months

Cons

I joined in spite of there being many negative reviews. I needed a job as I had been out of project for 2 months, so I agreed to join them. Everything seemed awesome initially but things started turning sour soon and the real face of the management started to show.

1) Salary not the same as what was promised
    2) No official offer letter for the actual salary that you are getting paid. Offer letter only for the LCA salary value
    3) Communication is horrible. You rarely get a response for your first email.
    4) Management has monetary relationship with managers. They think because of that the manager is in their pocket and that they have more power and they talk to you very badly and threaten to replace you in no time. They do not respect you for your skills and instead use phrases like "any fool can do your job". Then does that make the company owner/President, the Leader of Fools?
    5) If you argue, your access to paystubs will be removed and then you will not be able to transfer your visa to somebody else or you will be threatened with terms like deportation, revoking of the visa, removal from the project etc.
    6) Mean and greedy management. They think that if they throw money everybody should dance to their tunes

Advice to Management

Treat human beings with Respect not as servant. Every person who has been charged with some offence always puts the blame on somebody else. They never accept that they are guilty. You writing that somebody wants to malign your reputation is not going to help. People obviously know the truth. They are smart and not foolish like you often say and think they are.

"Bad company, bad practices, management threatens employees"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Dew Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I wish I could write even half pro

Cons

I thank my stars that I was here for less than a year. Management and especially owner/President is dictater. I finished 1 project with him, for next project When I ask him to be genuine in doing 75-25 split and ask him for bill rate, he told me that he can replace me in no time and that I should not ask like that.
    Then I find my own project and resigned, he called me and threatened to deport me and that he knows Congressman and that he will write to USCIS to throw me out of the country. I don't know how he is doing business for so many years.

Advice to Management

Stop threatening your employees, Congressman does not work for you. If Congressman gets to know how you are using his name, he will close down your company.

Dew Software Response

Nov 29, 2014 – President

Bill rate, 75-25 is that a standard in the industry to apply for each and every case.
    This is United states of America where law supersede anyone's clout. You are so frustrated that you want to... More

"Okay pay, very political environment, terrible communication and practices"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Dew Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

decent opportunities, okay pay. pros are largely outnumbered by the cons

Cons

1) Very political company, you have to flatter the President to succeed in the company. The President's comments about people taking away his business is all NONSENSE. Some clients and employees got to know of the President's unethical practices and genuine feedback on Glassdoor and wanted to distance themselves from Dew Software and requested to work with the management team that moved out. They were ethical, friendly, approachable and genuinely cared for us employees. It is only fair to say that they took what business did not belong at Dew Software. The world over, everybody knows that Sales Executives take their customers with them. Customers always get sold on individuals and not to companies. If the President thinks they took away HIS business, he is just being kiddish and does not understand how the industry works. He expects people to do any crap if he just throws money.

2) The Management is not at all transparent on the rates. I recently resigned because I got to know that what was promised to me as a 75-25 split was not actually true. The President was paying my manager from the bill rate and underquoted the bill rate to me. The difference was about $12. Meaning I could have maybe another $18,000 to my salary if he had been truthful to me. It is because of these kind of practices that the previous management began to shield the relationships (employees and clients) that they brought in. In fact the truth of the matter is that now, many employees like myself have begun to realize that the company has no vision or genuine care and are beginning to move out of the company with better companies that care for their people.

3) Most employees are here only because of fear that the company will mess with their visas or they have money remaining to be paid.

4) Funny Salary Structure: You will be promised a salary but you will get something else in the offer letter. The difference comes to you as a bonus every quarter and is maintained in excel spreadhseets which only the President has access to. What he says is the wholesome truth. If you ask about this salary structure, you will hear from them that this is how all H1B companies work and it is for our good that we only receive an offer letter for the LCA salary. All the calculations on that spreadhseet are wrong. In this manner, the management paid me $6000 lesser than what I was supposed to get. That was my parting gift to the Dew Software charity fund! I stuck on for 3 years only because the management did not give me my I140 copy, they said it is company property which is right, but every company out there gives it on trust. I was waiting for a good opportunity and an employer who can quickly file my GC. i found one and I am happy that I took the risk and got out of this company.

If you are a prospective employee and are looking for companies to do you H1B, GC etc, do yourself a favor and stay far away from this company or from Worldscape which is also their company.

Advice to Management

Get some ethics and Integrity. Ethically build your company and not place people by having deals with managers.

Dew Software Response

Nov 29, 2014 – President

1. First of all, I have introduced the client and given the responsibility to manage. I was paying handsome salary to them. They were working for Money and whatever they work it's company property... More