Dew Software Senior Software Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Dew Software President & CEO Suresh Deopura
Suresh Deopura

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • on time salary , no issue with salary ,always on time and given what is promised (in 2 reviews)

• Whatever they promised me that have fulfilled (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No 401K, expensive medical plans (in 4 reviews)

• Basically, The company is a one man show and that man is arrogant and greedy, he will talk anything to you and about you (in 3 reviews)

1. "Very good company to work with."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Dew Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked with dew software for almost 18 months. When I joined the company initially I got scared after reading some mixed reviews/feedback about this company on Glassdoor. After staying with this company for an year and half I NEVER felt that the reviews were correct.

I got paid always on time. 2 weeks paid vacation, friendly staff - they always walk an extra mile to help you. Dew had a very good sales team they had helped me in finding a new project once my old one was completed.

Whatever they promised me that have fulfilled. I highly recommend this compnay to my friends and colleagues.

Cons

No 401K, expensive medical plans.

Advice to Management

You guys are rocking, keep up the good work.

"Ok to start with, No growth opportunities, Poor Employee communication, Zero Benefits, Poor marketing"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Dew Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked with Dew Software for couple of years. i transferred my visa from another company because the management promised me many great opportunities when I applied for a position. they have some good clients and they can help with giving initial break.

Cons

When my project got finished after almost 2 years, they could not find me a project. Their marketing team is terrible. In 1 month, i did not receive a single call.
    also communication from management is horrible. You ask one question you will get answer for something else. If any salary adjustment made, then HR will not tell. you have to see your paystub and then call and ask why you paid less. then they will explain.
    company big boss must not talk, communication skills is bad and will either try to be funny or he will scold you. no balance.
    company also does not take care to visit employees, see how they are doing and all. also company benefits is very poor. no 401k option, health insurance contribution is pathetic,

Advice to Management

improve marketing team, improve communication, offer better benefits

3. "Best place to work"

I have been working at Dew Software full-time

Pros

Give us opportunity to work in peaceful environment and best place. Also, company think about its employees.

Cons

There is no cons. I love to work here.

Advice to Management

Company should have best planning and opportunities for his employees.

"Great company to work for with friendly and helpful staff"

Former Contractor - Senior Software Engineer in Germantown, MD
    Former Contractor - Senior Software Engineer in Germantown, MD

I worked at Dew Software as a contractor

Pros

My name is Mark K. I worked at DEW Software (contract in Germantown, MD)
    Working at DEW has been great ! Management were always willing to help. Salary in time.

Cons

Nothing really crucial comes to mind.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing !

"Okay pay, very political environment, terrible communication and practices"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Dew Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

decent opportunities, okay pay. pros are largely outnumbered by the cons

Cons

1) Very political company, you have to flatter the President to succeed in the company. The President's comments about people taking away his business is all NONSENSE. Some clients and employees got to know of the President's unethical practices and genuine feedback on Glassdoor and wanted to distance themselves from Dew Software and requested to work with the management team that moved out. They were ethical, friendly, approachable and genuinely cared for us employees. It is only fair to say that they took what business did not belong at Dew Software. The world over, everybody knows that Sales Executives take their customers with them. Customers always get sold on individuals and not to companies. If the President thinks they took away HIS business, he is just being kiddish and does not understand how the industry works. He expects people to do any crap if he just throws money.

2) The Management is not at all transparent on the rates. I recently resigned because I got to know that what was promised to me as a 75-25 split was not actually true. The President was paying my manager from the bill rate and underquoted the bill rate to me. The difference was about $12. Meaning I could have maybe another $18,000 to my salary if he had been truthful to me. It is because of these kind of practices that the previous management began to shield the relationships (employees and clients) that they brought in. In fact the truth of the matter is that now, many employees like myself have begun to realize that the company has no vision or genuine care and are beginning to move out of the company with better companies that care for their people.

3) Most employees are here only because of fear that the company will mess with their visas or they have money remaining to be paid.

4) Funny Salary Structure: You will be promised a salary but you will get something else in the offer letter. The difference comes to you as a bonus every quarter and is maintained in excel spreadhseets which only the President has access to. What he says is the wholesome truth. If you ask about this salary structure, you will hear from them that this is how all H1B companies work and it is for our good that we only receive an offer letter for the LCA salary. All the calculations on that spreadhseet are wrong. In this manner, the management paid me $6000 lesser than what I was supposed to get. That was my parting gift to the Dew Software charity fund! I stuck on for 3 years only because the management did not give me my I140 copy, they said it is company property which is right, but every company out there gives it on trust. I was waiting for a good opportunity and an employer who can quickly file my GC. i found one and I am happy that I took the risk and got out of this company.

If you are a prospective employee and are looking for companies to do you H1B, GC etc, do yourself a favor and stay far away from this company or from Worldscape which is also their company.

Advice to Management

Get some ethics and Integrity. Ethically build your company and not place people by having deals with managers.

Nov 29, 2014 – President

1. First of all, I have introduced the client and given the responsibility to manage. I was paying handsome salary to them. They were working for Money and whatever they work it's company property... More

"Good to start, many direct clients, but the way they treat you is pathetic"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Dew Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have some good brands as direct clients. It gives you a good initial break, I would give 4 stars for that.

Cons

their marketing is so-so. I have the skill sets to find my own projects and that's what i did for 4 1/2 years. But the way the company makes you feels and the President talks is really horrible. -5 stars for that. Negotiating salaries with them, It feels like you are bargaining in a vegetable market. If you work here, don't expect to get a raise for at least 3 years. There are no appraisals. You can get a raise only if you glorify the President. If you try to fight for your rights, you will be threatened saying "I will deport you" or "I will revoke your H1B".

There was a time when I I started having issues with them and the HR stopped giving me access to my paystubs thinking that I will go to another company. I asked for my H1 extension copy, they would not give it saying it is company property. I agree it is. But there should be trust between employer and employee. I know that a lot of employees have started leaving them for the purpose that they are not being treated well.

Advice to Management

You cannot force people to hold on to your company. Give trust and receive trust. Be People-centric and not money-centric. It is no use just sending chocolates or picnic invites. Understand what went wrong and how you can correct it so that people feel valued being part of your company.

Oct 24, 2014 – President

I do not recall any such event where we had any issue of salary raise or paystub. One can always look at LCA and other sources how competitive we are in salary. If he is rating us 1 star and writing... More

"okay to start, but get out while you can"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Dew Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

decent clientele; H1 success, decent reputation at client site

Cons

I worked here for 2+ years.while i did not experience any issues working at the client site through Dew Software, I had issues communicating with the management.
    I must say that the reason i am giving 1 star is because of the management The President of the company to be specific. he has the audacity to come to the client site and say "I can replace you when I want to. I have even deported people". All I did was ask him for a salary hike. Don't expect transparency when it comes to rates. The management will tell you that you can be on a 75-25 split. But soon you will realize that you are only in maybe in a 40-60 split.
    the company was making good profits because of my engagement, but he dared to say something like that. And I am not a fresher. I have over 15 years experience in the industry. The President always says things like, "You are in this job because of me". What he does not mention is that I am in that project because i cleared 5 rounds of interview.
    the moment you retaliate seeking justice, the management will start spreading false rumors about you that you are not a good resource and that you are a liability to the company.
    once you leave the company, the president will send you an email with an excel sheet, with manipulated numbers that will show that the company has overpaid you. Then to avoid the legalities, he will call you and ask you to return the money in cash.
    Somebody said that management expects a master-slave relationship. i would say that the management expects a master-'silenced slave' relationship.

Advice to Management

Be thankful that employees go onsite to make your company famous. don't be arrogant.
    be transparent and honest to the employees, they will stay and also bring more business

Oct 24, 2014 – President

Come on, hoe 75-25 will become 60-40. All have studied math so no one can manipulate in math. These are false allegation. If there is any error, point it out. you can use calculator, now even... More