Dex Media Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Dex Media CEO Joe Walsh
Joe Walsh

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Decent work life balance - team outings and lunches every quarter (in 33 reviews)

• Dex Media is a great place to work (in 51 reviews)

Cons
  • Dex still believes the yellow pages are thriving and are still a valuable asset to businesses (in 54 reviews)

• There are still many bad client reviews that could potentially make it hard to rebrand Dex Media in the way that they are wanting to (in 32 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"GREAT PLACE TO WORK!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Pros

I am a current employee in the Omaha Center and I have been with Dex Media for over a year. I have had numerous sales jobs and this is the BEST place I have EVER worked! The management team is awesome and they are always there to support you. I was promoted within the first year I was here and there are tons opportunities for professional growth within the organization. Currently Dex Media is restructuring and they are doing what it takes to come out on top. We have great leadership and are headed in a great direction! So, if you are looking for a fun place to work, the opportunity to make a lot of money, with lots of time off then Dex Media is the place for you!

Cons

There aren't any cons about working here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Nov 16, 2016 – Employee

We're happy to have you as part of the Dex Media family and congratulations on your promotion! Keep up the great work and thank you so much for taking the time to provide your review!

2. "Great Company"

I have been working at Dex Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Company, Great Benefits, Great pay, Great training, Fun environment

Cons

Literally always changing, You will a different job in a year with the same title. Change happens every month. You have to be fluid.

Advice to Management

Better training (or hiring) for supervisors. Leadership is CRUCIAL.

Jul 14, 2017 – Employee

We're happy to know that you enjoy working for DexYP! A lot of work goes into ensuring that we offer a culture and work environment that employees want to be a part of! Your feedback is appreciated.... More

3. "Digital media"

I have been working at Dex Media full-time

Pros

Great company to work for -
    Fun group with opportunities for
    Growth. Management listens to workers and gives responsibility to all.

Cons

Sometimes the workload is more than realistic. Will expect you to stay late until
    The job is done. Could be a positive

Advice to Management

Promote from within and listen to the people in the trenches. Offer bonus incentives and stock options as part of the compensation package

"Great place to work as they try to rebrand!"

Current Employee - Web Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Web Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dex Media full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Dex is a very teamwork oriented environment that focuses on the idea of working and playing hard. They make sure you know what you're doing before you actually begin work and have their website consultants in paid training for the first 6 weeks. They want you to be successful and they teach you skills that also look good on a resume as well as help you be a good employee. The benefits are generous and the paid time off and vacation time, as well as sick and personal days, are great. They've also done a good job at making it a millennial-friendly workplace by having a game room, cafeteria with some good food options, flexible hours, relaxed dress code (which allows tattoos, colored hair, and piercings!), activities and competitions going on year round. They really do love their employees and it shows.

Cons

There are still many bad client reviews that could potentially make it hard to rebrand Dex Media in the way that they are wanting to. There is also constant change as everything is upgraded/improved/redone/modernized. But if you enjoy change, it's great! Apart from some bad reviews and constant changes, I really haven't found any cons to this job.

Advice to Management

Don't dismiss criticism and negative reviews of the company. Bring them up and focus on how you're working to change them and improve on your mistakes. You look much more trustworthy and credible if you acknowledge what unhappy former clients have said and try to improve on it.

Jul 5, 2017 – Employee

We strive to exude a culture of teamwork, fun and transparency. We're always open to client and employee feedback as we feel that's the only way to become a better company. Thank you for making a... More

5. "Supportive culture with constant on the job training to keep you up to speed today's ever changing marketplace."

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Olathe, KS
    Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Olathe, KS

I have been working at Dex Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The People & Products are the big ones. The Atmosphere has a business edge to it but still finds a way to keep it comfortable and casual. The Executive direction is strong with big things to come. They have on going incentives for goal completion which is a big plus in my opinion. To boot they have on the job training, full benefits package and are very proactive in local community with charity work going on through tout the year.

Cons

This is a legacy company with ties all the way back to RH Donnelly and Ma' Bell so the amount of changes they have had to undergo to get to where they are now positioned was a painful but a necessity to transition into the digital world.

Jul 6, 2017 – Employee

We agree - the future is bright! Thanks for all that you do and for choosing to be part of the DexYP team!

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Tinton Falls, NJ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Tinton Falls, NJ

I worked at Dex Media full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training and tools needed to do your job.

Cons

You have to sell yellow page ads.

Advice to Management

Be more honest during the interview process in terms of all job expectations. Recruiter was misleading.

Jul 14, 2017 – Employee

Thank you for feedback.

"Previous Employee of 10 years"

Former Employee - Premise Account Executive in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Premise Account Executive in Denver, CO

I worked at Dex Media full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent benifits, work from home.

Cons

It used to be great. Heart breaking to see good talented professionals leave the business. The merge with Verizon was a disaster. Loss of longtime loyal customers due to billing issues, products not being fullfilled, bad service. Every department suffered. The company is struggling. Continuing to downsize employees due to loss of customers. Losing thousands of customers daily. They no longer care about customer service and don't value there employees.

Advice to Management

Work with the Union. Be fair to your employees. Get back to great products that deliver results and make customer service a priority. Dex used to be the leading Company in the industry with Integrity. You used to care about your employees and the customer. I hope you can find your way back to being a great company!

Jul 6, 2017 – Employee

10+ years is a long time to work for one company, and we can't thank you enough for the service you provided. Dex Media, now DexYP is committed to it's employees and clients alike. We're all looking... More

8. "Marketing Consultant"

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Dex Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay, fun culture, online marketing product set is very good, if you are talented skies the limit.

Cons

Management team isn't always open to out-of-the-box approaches and Dex needs to let go of their phone book operation entirely.

Jun 20, 2017 – Employee

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time-out to let us know about your experience!

"Lies"

Current Employee - Gold Campaign Manager in Grapevine, TX
    Current Employee - Gold Campaign Manager in Grapevine, TX

Pros

There aren't any pros for this company

Cons

They keep posting bogus reviews to combat the negative ones

Advice to Management

Stop being so racist towards black males

10. "Web Consultant"

Current Employee - Web Consultant in Grapevine, TX
    Current Employee - Web Consultant in Grapevine, TX

I have been working at Dex Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working at Dex because the experience you gain is truly real world. You have the opportunity to learn every area of the company and truly dive into the digital marketing realm.

Cons

Things are constantly changing to improve the customer experience. Not good for someone who doesn't like change.

Jun 20, 2017 – Employee

Hi - Our Web Consultants are a very important part of the machine that keeps Dex going. We can't thank you enough for all that you do! Thank you for taking the time to provide your review!