Dexis Consulting Group Reviews

3.6
Dexis Consulting Group CEO Mihir Desai
Mihir Desai
Pros
Cons
  • "Company facing some growing pains and processes can sometimes be rocky(in 7 reviews)

• "That stress has manifested itself in some long hours and the recognition that the company needs to develop, discard, and/or consolidate systems(in 5 reviews)

"Weathering hard times well"

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Dexis Consulting Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Dexis has done a particularly good job of transitioning to remote work and providing services and support to staff during the Covid crisis. Additional support (like a PTO bank) has been particularly welcome. A lot of change is being managed right now ... and with two acquisitions adding additional staff, cultures, issues... I am particularly impressed with how leadership is managing it all. These are hard times for every company right now. Dexis has had no layoffs, reductions of hours or benefits, or other cuts that I see happening with a lot of Dexis' top competitors.

Cons

Nothing really - everyone is working hard to make sure we come through this crises as a strong and healthy company with strong and healthy staff.

Dexis Consulting Group2020-05-13

"Conflict of interests and so much incompliance"

1.0
    Former Employee - Contract Specialist in Washington, DC

I worked at Dexis Consulting Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Dexis is great in organizing Happy Hours, and parties. Unlimited booze!

Cons

The personnel of contracts department does not have much knowledge in federal regulations and find themselves noncompliance. They're the first one who violate the regulations. Apparently, they do not have a basic concept of "conflict of interest", two friends from the previous employer were hired, and the personnel who was at Dexis before were pushed out. The Contracts Department does not adhere to the Federal Acquisition Regulation due to the lack of knowledge and experience. Recently two individuals were hired that have never worked with contracts. Whenever, there're a real need in real expertise, the consultant is hired. Another significant problem is that the same regulations are interpreted and applied differently depending on the seniority of the staff.

Dexis Consulting Group2020-04-10

Dexis Consulting Group Response

April 22, 2020CEO

I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. As you know by having worked here, the management team takes feedback seriously. We cannot delete reviews even if we disagree. You are also familiar with the multiple internal feedback channels (anonymous staff engagement survey, project pulse survey, etc.) and a feedback loop process – I report operating unit performance in our quarterly town halls. You have possibly been part of the usual government and corporate audits -- so there is also that quality layer. I checked against your review and the data we have from staff and clients show finance, accounting, and contracts team are delivering on time and at the standards demanded. Our audits have never alleged misrepresentations or improper controls -- ever. Yes, there is a strong referral network at Dexis. It should be. Literature shows that staff-referred new hires tend to be better performers and stay with their organizations longer. But decisions are made through scoring criteria, so there is no chance of “friends and family” if you do not meet the bar. I have asked that leadership treat your comments with an open mind - reviewing them for facts versus allegations, and what it can do to address perceptions even if these may not always match reality. Thanks again, really.

3. "Salary"

4.0
    Former Employee - MnE Specialist - Dexis

I worked at Dexis Consulting Group full-time

Pros

Good contracts. Energetic, welcoming environment

Cons

Instability - Depending on client's goals.

Dexis Consulting Group2020-02-23

"Great Company!"

Current Employee - Intern

I have been working at Dexis Consulting Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

Healthy environment, encourages growth and learning, competitive pay.

Cons

Not much to complain about.

Dexis Consulting Group2019-08-02

"Great people, good benefits, solid career progress"

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Dexis Consulting Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Dexis is full of smart, go-get-em types, most of whom are willing to do jump into completely new things to help one another out. I work on a lot of proposals and watching bid teams comprised of people from across the company who probably haven't worked together as a team before come together and work effectively (and have fun) is always inspiring to see. I admire and learn so much from our Senior Leadership, and am glad that they mostly trust Manager-level staff to run the day to day business and spend a lot of time preparing for the future, 3+ years down the line. We have really good benefits including some that are virtually unheard of in the development space like paid maternity/paternity/adoption leave, infertility coverage, and flexible work hours/remote work. PTO increases with tenure, starting at just 2 years. Accounting/Payroll has been a sore spot for years but recent hires (Kenya!) have made things so much better already.

Cons

Experiences vary by project team, and by Division/Department, but leadership is aware of the discrepancies and trying to resolve them so that employees are treated as similarly as possible no matter who their supervisor is. HQ will be moving offices soon (timing unclear; dependent on sale of the current office), likely to somewhere in Virginia (Rosslyn is what we've heard) and so that may make some people's commutes a bit tougher.

Dexis Consulting Group2019-07-23
  6. "Almost good but falls short in terms of people managers and culture"

Former Employee - Senior M&E Specialist in Washington, DC

I worked at Dexis Consulting Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Generally a nice and supportive staff and structure. I like the CEO Mihir Desai, he's very passionate about running his company well and encouraging his staff to produce quality work.

Cons

If you're part of an offsite team (and not a lead on that team) expect to be forgotten by HQ and mid to upper management. If you have a poor team lead or your contract looks to be ending then you might as well just start looking for another job as you'll get very little support from HQ. There is little appreciation for technical skills or broad based knowledge but there is a lot of advancement for those who "know people" in the HQ staff.

Dexis Consulting Group2019-07-13

"Don't cook the numbers"

1.0
    Former Employee - Accountant in Washington, DC

I worked at Dexis Consulting Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some really great people at HR: Letitia, Cate, Kay, Idra, and Becky.

Cons

Incompetent accounting personnel. No transperancy

Dexis Consulting Group2019-03-06

Dexis Consulting Group Response

March 12, 2019CEO

I agree that our HR team is really great, and gets top ratings on our monthly surveys. The accounting team has also received solid ratings but there’s room to do much better. As you know, we account for every dime through both government audits and the self-imposed independent audits for over a decade. Since 2018, our divisions get numbers directly via our online system. I promise to do better. Thanks again.

"OK but not great"

I worked at Dexis Consulting Group full-time

Pros

Good benefits Mostly functional teams

Cons

Immature managers who don't know what they're doing If you're on a contract, you're just a body

Dexis Consulting Group2018-11-21

"Great company that looks out for its staff"

4.0

I have been working at Dexis Consulting Group full-time

Pros

Does quality work Provides a fun, creative environment with activities like Top Chef and seasonal staff parties Regularly seeks staff feedback and makes an effort to improve systems, like for performance reviews and knowledge management Supports staff learning with annual funds that individuals can decide (with approval) how to use

Cons

Perhaps like other consulting firms, project staff are employed for the duration of that project with no guarantees beyond it

Dexis Consulting Group2018-10-22

"Intern"

I have been working at Dexis Consulting Group part-time

Pros

flexible work life balance

Cons

would be better with more formal training

Dexis Consulting Group2018-10-23