Dhar Law Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Intern"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlestown, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlestown, MA

Pros

I would highly recommend the firm for an internship or job opportunity . As an intern, I worked with attorneys that specialized in different aspect of the law such as family law, business law and criminal law. Because of this broad insight, I gained a valuable experience that one might not get from other firms.

Cons

Not really a con but attorneys are usually in and out of the office so communication is done primarily through emails which they are respond to as soon as they can.

Advice to Management

Great Job!!!

2. "Experience, Mentoring, and Quality"

Current Employee - Law Clerk in Charlestown, MA
    Current Employee - Law Clerk in Charlestown, MA

Pros

Hands-on, practical experience; meaningful guidance; able mentorship. Superior guidance when it came to unfamiliar tasks and a readiness to provide advice for my longterm development.

Cons

Small firm with an array of complex legal issues, but no single area of expertise. All attorneys were very skilled and worked well together, but I could not specialize my experience.

Advice to Management

Keep sponsoring the development of interns and new attorneys. This really makes the office feel like a family.

3. "Super Lawyers, Super Bosses"

Former Employee - Office Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Office Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Dhar Law full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dhar Law is an innovative and exciting law firm - and unlike any in the city. Vikas and Vilas are jack of all trades and extremely good at what they do. During my initial interview they told me that if hired, I would wear many hats, and they were not kidding. There was never a dull day in the office, and I gained exposure to all aspects of the industry from corporate law to criminal law and real estate to entrepreneurship. They show each of their employees equal respect and are there to push you and guide your career both in and out of the office.

Cons

Sometimes wearing that many hats can be overwhelming, but I certainly don't think of that as a con. It's usually good to be uncomfortable.

4. "Good Law firm where people work as a family"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer Intern in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at Dhar Law part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work environment
    Helpful people
    Good work-life balance

Cons

Less personal growth
    Small firm
    No long term career opportunity

5. "An experience that has shaped my future."

Former Employee - Intern in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at Dhar Law part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Interning for Dhar Law was truly a great experience. During my interview I stressed that I wanted to focus only on family law, and by the last day of my internship I had a grasp on several areas, including corporate law. I was asked to jump into projects that I never imagined I would be focusing on and I am so grateful that I had to step outside the box. Not only was the subject of my work a great aspect of my internship, but being mentored by two individuals who care so much about their clients and about improving people's businesses and lives, showed me how meaningful a career in law can be.

Cons

There are no cons about my experience working for Dhar Law. The management is innovative and focused, there was nothing that I would deem negative about my internship.

6. "Dhar Law offers a dynamic and fast paced environment where employees can pursue their professional interests."

Former Employee - Law Clerk in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Law Clerk in Boston, MA

I worked at Dhar Law part-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a legal intern and then law clerk at Dhar Law, I was exposed to a wide variety of assignments that greatly improved my legal skills. I had the opportunity to draft contacts, research unique legal issues (related to both domestic and foreign law), work directly with clients, observe motion practice and depositions as well as write legal memos. The attorneys made time to explain new concepts and their expectations. I found the attorneys at Dhar Law to be personally engaging and interested in supporting me as I learned about areas of the law that I was interested in. They are active in the Boston community and well respected for their innovative model. The attorneys have high standards and challenged me to improve myself at every step of my experience.

Cons

Be prepared to hit the ground running - in order to be successful at this firm, you must be willing to work hard and think independently.

Advice to Management

Please continue to provide legal interns and law clerks with the chance to expand their skill set while learning about the issues that they are passionate about.

7. "A law firm that breaks the mold.""

Pros

Dhar Law is not your ordinary law firm ... and that's a good thing!

The work environment is excellent. It starts at the top with Vikas and Vilas. They are exceptionally gifted attorneys who treat colleagues and clients with dignity and respect. Their professionalism and entrepreneurial spirit permeate throughout the firm. You won't find more supportive mentors and more passionate attorneys.

What I like most about the firm is their focus on non-profits and community volunteering. Their forward-thinking, global outlook is unlike anything you will find at another firm.

Cons

The only "con" is that Dhar Law operates in the legal industry, which is a mature industry and generally slow to evolve.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

8. "A work environment that you are excited to come into everyday."

Current Employee - Law Clerk in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Law Clerk in Boston, MA

I have been working at Dhar Law full-time (More than a year)

Pros

During my initial interview with the firm, the managing partner told me that they “were not like other firms” when describing the office structure, how employees were treated, etc. At first I put this off because essentially every job I have ever applied for said those exact words. However, about a month into my internship I thought back to that moment and realized that those words could not have been truer. First, whenever you have a question or comment on any work you have, the phrase open-door policy could not describe the office environment better. As an employee you feel just as confident asking a managing partner about a question you have as asking any of the other attorneys.

One of the most notable aspects of working at Dhar Law, LLP, has been their true commitment to being active not only in the legal community, but also providing legal services pro bono to clients who are going through tough times but still need the level of experience that the attorneys at Dhar Law, LLP bring. Furthermore, while often times pro bono clients are put behind clients who are paying for their services, at Dhar Law, LLP you would not be able to tell the difference between the levels of service given to a single parent going through a rough divorce, or an executive working on a complex corporate matter.

As an employee, the best compliment you can give is that you are excited to go to work every day and instead of saying “thank god” at 5:00, you are surprised because the day has gone by so fast. That is the perfect way to describe Dhar Law, LLP; the managing partners and senior associates have created an environment that is welcoming, and you are genuinely excited to come to everyday.

Cons

While there are no true “cons,” because the firm’s reputation has increased at such a high rate, your workload can be a lot sometimes, but as I mentioned above Dhar Law, LLP is not a place that you resent when you have to stay beyond the traditional end of the day.

9. "Excellent work environment fostering innovative ideas and unlimited opportunities."

Current Employee - Senior Law Clerk in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Law Clerk in Boston, MA

Pros

The leaders and partners at the helm of this unique law firm have successfully fostered and instituted a firm culture that values and rewards innovative thinking and hard work. Having worked at several law firms throughout my law school career, I have had many bad and good experience. My experience at Dhar Law has been nothing short of spectacular. One of the main factors that impressed me was the Firm's strong commitment to Pro Bono initiatives. Firm Policy requires its partners, associates and staff to dedicate a minimum number hours to Pro Bono work. In addition, as the previous reviewer mentioned, the spirit of collaboration, camaraderie and friendship in the office makes this a truly enjoyable place of employment.

Cons

Due to the firm's rapid growth, the workload can be at times heavy-although hard work is always rewarded at Dhar Law.

10. "My experience as a Dhar Law Intern has been extremely enriching, exposing me to way more than I ever bargained for."

Current Employee - Legal/Marketing/PR Intern in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Legal/Marketing/PR Intern in Boston, MA

Pros

Dhar Law has a very open culture, starting with the Partners who constantly engage with the other attorneys and staff. Work gets done while ideas are shared fluidly. Perhaps this is simply due to the firm's small size. But there is definitely a feeling of openness in the air that encourages anyone to jump in with their thoughts on any matter, legal or otherwise. The partners and associates make genuine efforts to share knowledge and educate the Interns, and with a full-service firm like Dhar, learning opportunities abound.

Cons

Being a small firm on a rapid growth trajectory, there is a lot of work to be done. I'm not sure this is necessarily a con, but it can make for some busy afternoons.

The fully stocked kitchen can wreak havoc on the calorie conscious.

Advice to Management

Embrace social media to tell the unique stories behind the firm's work, especially with the exciting work in developing countries.