DiLeonardo International Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 17, 2017

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Such a great company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI

I have been working at DiLeonardo International full-time

Pros

Working for several types of companies (family owned, small business, and corporate), this is one of the best companies I have worked for. Its a healthy work environment, where collaboration, team work, and sharing ideas is highly encouraged! We have a great team - everyone works hard and gets along very well, making coming to work a pleasure! Other pros include traveling, opportunities to learn,develop and move up to earned and open positions. Overall culture and values that are instilled from the very first day is what makes this company unique! There is never a dull moment here - working in a faced paced environment, I am never bored. DiLeonardo continues to make strides in leadership, improving the company in various areas, is always open to ideas for improvement, and puts a high value on employees; all which is pretty rare to find these days!

Cons

The pay and benefits could use some work but the company is open to reviewing this year.
    Work/life balance is not the greatest but I think that this industry in general is tough for a good work/life balance...meeting deadlines are critical to success but having a great team's support is what helps move multiple projects along.

Advice to Management

The only advice I have is to continue making strides with improvement in pay and benefits as this will capture attention of talent.

2. "Open and inviting work environment"

I have been working at DiLeonardo International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work space has a very open and collaborative feel. Management promotes a team environment, and ensures everyone has a voice. The work is diverse and interesting. The company is very dedicated to being environmentally conscious.

Cons

Telecommuting and flex time is limited. Lunch is unpaid

Advice to Management

Allow work from home when possible

3. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at DiLeonardo International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture and place to work. You feel valued. Exciting work and global projects.

Cons

Salary is not the highest, but there is flexibility. Can take to long to make decisions.

5. "Employed at DiLEONARDO"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator/Intern Architect in Providence, RI
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator/Intern Architect in Providence, RI

Pros

Projects are interesting and unique. You can find diversity in the type of clients the company gets. There is always a good flow of projects.

Cons

Wages are pretty bad for almost all of its employees. Talking with some former colleagues, we got to the conclusion that the salaries didnt even compare to competing firms nearby (same industry).

Advice to Management

People are and will always be your most important assets. Understand and value their worth and by that I mean pay them competitive wages.

6. "Working at DiLeonardo International was a great learning experience. I learned all about interior architecture."

Former Employee - Intern in Warwick, RI
    Former Employee - Intern in Warwick, RI

Pros

You will learn alot here, from interior design to architectural drafting. The employees here are like one big family; everyone works together and all opinions are heard no matter your postitions title.

Cons

The salary here was lower than one might expect. Interns recieved monthly stipends and other employees seemed unhappy with their salaries, but to most of them it seemed worth it to be somewhere they loved.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job managing your staff. The only thing I would recommend is paying your staff better.

7. "Working for Dileonardo"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I have been working at DiLeonardo International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The management listens to what the employees are saying. They try their best to improve the work environment and the employees well being. Values people and appreciates efforts.

Cons

Di needs to give employees time to unwind.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. I know you are trying to give the employees what they truly deserve.

8. "fancy design rather poor management of qork hours"

Pros

good,diverse designs, great materials library, nice people, international office thus international projects.

Cons

a lot of wasted hours doing useless things, unbillable hours, work given just for the sake of passing time