Diageo Reviews | Glassdoor

Diageo Reviews

Updated June 21, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Some focus on work life balance (in 41 reviews)

• Also decision making in a matrix is challenging particularly while you build up your relationships (in 34 reviews)

1. "BEAULIEU VINEYARD"

Former Employee - WINE TRACKER in Rutherford, CA
    Former Employee - WINE TRACKER in Rutherford, CA

I worked at Diageo (Less than a year)

Pros

- I was mentored and trained by their Wine Tracker, Tony Gruzdiv, who is very knowledgeable and very smart. He was very patient and diligent with teaching me WiPS.

- I worked with the Cellar team and Lab. Both fantastic and hard working people.

- Harvest activities was fast paced and busy.

- Townhall meetings were great for acknowledging outstanding employees and informing us of any changes.

- Celebrations were inclusive to all employees.

- Paid a generous amount for my entry-level knowledge

- Diageo is a giant in the industry and to work for one of their companies was an invaluable experience

Cons

- I would have appreciated more department or one on one time with upper-management.

2. "So Far, Very Good!"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Diageo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Consistently known as one of the best employers to work for, and I can further attest to that. The growth potential is tangible, and it starts from a desire to develop growth from the top. Premium products that the company can relate to. Truly a collaborative environment. Competitive pay and the benefits are helpful. Very accommodative and offices all around the world.

Cons

It is not all the time, but like many places, there is a crunch time to deliver. Being an industry leader, a reason for why the company rewards there employees is because, we work hard. Moreover, the exponential growth experienced in the higher band levels, often does level off quite materially, once someone hits a certain band level.

Advice to Management

1. Continue to develop growth and have people, who want to move within functions, continue to do so. It truly allows and helps with overall collaboration, innovation, and drives our purpose of celebrating life, every day, everywhere.

3. "Corporate Relations Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Diageo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive salaries, great benefits, flexibility

Cons

work-life balance, room for growth, professional development, constant restructurings

"Great brands with lackluster leadership"

Current Employee - Category Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Category Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Diageo full-time

Pros

Great brands and culture in certain offices. Free alcohol, happy hours in offices, bonus % are the highest in the industry (that i've seen)

Cons

Leadership needs to find a way to "sell more drinks" and stop tinkering with India and other emerging markets

Advice to Management

Quit playing the "we're the biggest so we always win" card and find a new way to win. What we've been doing the past few years isn't working.

"Solid investment in leadership development"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Diageo full-time

Pros

At all levels of the company Diageo invests in leadership development programs. The value of these programs is demonstrated in participants' personal stories of growth.

Cons

Roles have expanded, becoming broader in scope. This is a positive in terms of ensuring we maintain an energizing and challenging work environment. We need to continue to balance this intention while ensuring we don't dilute the impact a person can have in their role.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay connected to the pulse of the organization and remain accessible, visible and humble.

"Assistants"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Diageo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

flexible hours, easy commute, friendly co-workers

Cons

management, don't follow thru as to what they say

Advice to Management

get their act together

"HR Latin America team TOXIC"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coral Gables, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coral Gables, FL

I worked at Diageo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Portfolio amazing, prestigious to work for this organization.

Cons

Latin America HR team toxic, not a good culture or place to work.
    HR Business Partners do not support the needs of employees only of themselves.
    Employees unhappy with HR team but leadership overlooks this, truly a shame.

Advice to Management

Revamp the team, bring in new talent, fresh ideas, energy and drive.

"Employment"

Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Louisville, KY

Pros

It's a relaxed work environment for the most part everyone seems close because of the many years of working together.

Cons

The downside is there is a lot of conflict because of management switching hands new people taking seats of managers of before. If your a warehouse worker be prepared to be sore and tired everyday and breathe in a lot of dust. The 500-250 lbs barrels are housed in some old molded buildings and you have to be tested to where N91 particle mask so if you don't go for the testing you are supplied with a "household" duster mask. And oh lastly you have to work as a temp for 120 days before they consider you for employment even after that time it's not a guarantee you get hired.

Advice to Management

Listen more to your workers don't turn a deaf ear to the issues that are being raised. As a warehouse worker it takes a lot out of us to roll them barrels around and load them on trucks appreciate us a little more than you do. And change the temp to hire time cause honestly for what I do every day I come in there 11 an hour is not working for the work we do especially being a temp.

9. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Analytics Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Analytics Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Diageo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Career advancement
    Job perks
    Great benefits
    Great brands
    Fun environment

Great place to work as they are supportive of individual and career growth

Cons

Sometimes management can be slow to respond due to layers of reviews and alignment processes. Also because of large portfolio it can be difficult at times for focus to be placed on what would be considered smaller initiatives which can still be quite a big deal

Advice to Management

Sometimes slow to respond

Diageo Response

Apr 18, 2016 – Diageo Talent Engagement Team

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your time at Diageo. We're glad to hear that you are enjoying your role and the opportunities you are experiencing at Diageo. We are grateful for ... More

"Great place to work if you can tolerate the hours and fit in."

Former Employee - Operations Team Member in Plainfield, IL
    Former Employee - Operations Team Member in Plainfield, IL

I worked at Diageo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will get great pay and benefits. Free products for reaching certain goals. You will become very popular with friends and family.

Cons

Fitting in. Seems like people can't wait for someone to leave or get fired so they can move up in seniority. 12 hour night shifts. Working every other weekend on night shift.

Advice to Management

Stop letting people in the clique get away with breaking the rules and writing up people that just aren't cool enough for you.

Diageo Response

Apr 18, 2016 – Diageo Talent Engagement Team

The opinions of our employees are extremely important to us and are the main way in which we can look to constantly be improving. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience and we will ... More