Diageo Reviews | Glassdoor

Diageo CEO  Ivan Menezes
Ivan Menezes
  1. "trhth"

I worked at Diageo

Pros

Nice people and will learn a lot

Cons

workload is a lot, and can get stressfull

Diageo2018-09-18
    • "Executive Assistant"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Miami, FL

I worked at Diageo full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

benefits, flex-time, work from home

Cons

restructuring for the past 5 years

Advice to Management

revisit restructuring goals, losing great talent

Diageo2018-08-29

August 30, 2018Social Media Team

Hi and thanks for being in touch. We're happy to hear you enjoyed the benefits of working with Diageo. Your advice to management has been taken into account. Best regards, Anna.

"Great brands but high stress"

I worked at Diageo full-time

Pros

People you work with are great. Small circle that work directly for the supplier

Cons

Too many agency teams pushed on local team that increases work load. Reatructures are normal. Culture is not as good as before.

Diageo2018-08-12

August 12, 2018Social Media Team

Hi, we appreciate your taking the time to leave us your review. Your comments will be passed on to help us improve. We wish you all the best in your future career. Kind regards, Sue.

"Watch your back"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plainfield, IL

I worked at Diageo full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

FANTASTIC health insurance. People were a great team

Cons

Union sticks with the company & doesn't have your back. Cameras EVERYWHERE!!! Management watches those cameras for everything and will not hesitate to fire you, period.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect.

Diageo2018-08-02

August 2, 2018Social Media Team

Hi and thanks for leaving us your review. We wish you all the best in your future career. Best regards, Sue.

"Revolving door of senior leadership and young talent"

Current Employee - Supply in Plainfield, IL

I have been working at Diageo full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Great portfolio of brands, quarterly allowance for brand ambassadorship which increases based on salary band, weekly pub nights. Promotes culture of diversity and acceptance across all ethnicities, sexual orientation, etc.

Cons

Rotating leadership makes it difficult to drive consistent strategy. Decision making is always a moving target. Very young talent pool and horrible turnover rate (nearly 100% turnover in 3 years) due to burn out which perpetuates burn out across the team due to increased workload to compensate for the leavers. Career path planning is nearly impossible. It is difficult to land career path when the roles and players change...

Advice to Management

Focus on drivers for attrition and applying the appropriate tools for retention. Revisit workloads when attrition is high to prevent further burn out of the remaining workforce. Clear communication when organizational change happens. (Seems to happen in the vacuum then lives on in the rumor mill.) More HQ presence to drive more of the HQ culture in terms of professionalism, especially in light of the younger team and...

Diageo2018-08-01

August 1, 2018Social Media Team

Hi and thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're happy that you're enjoying the great brands and the promotion of diversity. All your feedback is appreciated and will be passed on to help us in the future. Best regards, Sue

• "Manager"

I worked at Diageo full-time

Pros

*benefits package is very good *great brands

Cons

*limited growth opportunities *constant reorgs

Diageo2018-07-19

July 21, 2018Social Media Team

Hi and thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with Diageo and wish you every success in your future career. Kind regards, Sue.

• "Fun place but rigid structure"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Diageo full-time

Pros

Generous product allowance, iconic brands, great share plan. coworkers tend to be fun and switched-on people.

Cons

Rigid structure, can be hard to get promotion and requires a lot of networking rather than evidence of good work. somewhat of a meritocracy. prone to constant re-organizations that result in a lot of redundancies.

Advice to Management

be transparent about internal talent reviews. focus on career development rather than forcing people to leave the company in order to get promotions that are deserved.

Diageo2018-07-09

July 11, 2018Social Media Team

Hi, we appreciate your taking the time to leave us your review. We're pleased you enjoy working at Diageo. Your comments on career development and promotion have been noted and passed on to help us improve. We wish you all the best in your career with us. Kind regards, Sue

• "Constant change...not always good"

I have been working at Diageo for more than a year

Pros

Flexable work schedules, great products, historic brands

Cons

Constant organizational changes, flat org...very little advancement opportunities, overdoes diversity

Advice to Management

Focus on the RIGHT talent, pay for success.

Diageo2018-07-19

July 19, 2018Social Media Team

Hi and thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're happy that you're enjoying the flexible working and the products. All your feedback is appreciated and will be passed on to help us in the future. Best regards, Sue

"Sales Director"

Current Employee - Sales Director

I have been working at Diageo full-time

Pros

Focused on improving diversity. Industry's best brands. Innovative marketing and innovation teams. Great opportunities for cross functional movements.

Cons

Highly matrixed organization with hold-overs in senior leadership that are not as progressive in their employee engagement as other companies.

Diageo2018-06-22

June 23, 2018Social Media Team

Hi, we appreciate your taking the time to leave us your review. We're pleased you enjoy working at Diageo. Your comments on leadership have been noted and passed on to help us improve. We wish you all the best in your career with us. Kind regards, Sue.

"All politics and egos"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Plainfield, IL

I worked at Diageo full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great benefits Good opportunities to move into new roles

Cons

The Plainfield location is very political. If your manager doesn’t decide they like you - for whatever reason (even personal), you will end up stuck as it’s quite easy for them to block you from moving around out of spite. It felt like high school which was absolutely ridiculous and disappointing to see in what is supposed to be a professional environment You will be overworked and under appreciated. There are clear...

Advice to Management

Stop promoting the wrong people. It continues, still. Review process is a joke, you are only finding out from above and within a small team what is thought of someone. A lot of times- this is how managers screw over the people they don’t like, it’s unfair. It’s peoples careers you are dealing with, everyone deserves more than that.

Diageo2018-06-26

June 27, 2018Social Media Team

Hi there and thanks for getting in touch. Your comments have been noted and will be passed on. We wish you all the best in the future. Sue

Found 1091 reviews