Diageo Reviews | Glassdoor

Diageo Reviews

Updated March 23, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Need to improve in Work / Life balance (in 37 reviews)

• Also decision making in a matrix is challenging particularly while you build up your relationships (in 33 reviews)

"Solid investment in leadership development"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Diageo full-time

Pros

At all levels of the company Diageo invests in leadership development programs. The value of these programs is demonstrated in participants' personal stories of growth.

Cons

Roles have expanded, becoming broader in scope. This is a positive in terms of ensuring we maintain an energizing and challenging work environment. We need to continue to balance this intention while ensuring we don't dilute the impact a person can have in their role.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay connected to the pulse of the organization and remain accessible, visible and humble.

"Assistants"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Diageo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

flexible hours, easy commute, friendly co-workers

Cons

management, don't follow thru as to what they say

Advice to Management

get their act together

"HR Latin America team TOXIC"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coral Gables, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coral Gables, FL

I worked at Diageo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Portfolio amazing, prestigious to work for this organization.

Cons

Latin America HR team toxic, not a good culture or place to work.
    HR Business Partners do not support the needs of employees only of themselves.
    Employees unhappy with HR team but leadership overlooks this, truly a shame.

Advice to Management

Revamp the team, bring in new talent, fresh ideas, energy and drive.

"Employment"

Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Louisville, KY

Pros

It's a relaxed work environment for the most part everyone seems close because of the many years of working together.

Cons

The downside is there is a lot of conflict because of management switching hands new people taking seats of managers of before. If your a warehouse worker be prepared to be sore and tired everyday and breathe in a lot of dust. The 500-250 lbs barrels are housed in some old molded buildings and you have to be tested to where N91 particle mask so if you don't go for the testing you are supplied with a "household" duster mask. And oh lastly you have to work as a temp for 120 days before they consider you for employment even after that time it's not a guarantee you get hired.

Advice to Management

Listen more to your workers don't turn a deaf ear to the issues that are being raised. As a warehouse worker it takes a lot out of us to roll them barrels around and load them on trucks appreciate us a little more than you do. And change the temp to hire time cause honestly for what I do every day I come in there 11 an hour is not working for the work we do especially being a temp.

"Human Resources"

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager
    Former Employee - Human Resources Manager

I worked at Diageo (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company stated values and behaviors matched my personal values and beliefs. Initially the Company felt like a great fit.

Cons

Then over the years the organization got lost in short term gains versus long term strategy. They allowed the ankle bitters to gain market share and rung out their employees through reorganizations and cost cutting initiatives that stressed out the everyone.

Advice to Management

Management at Diageo goes along to get along. Unfortunately it's a game of politics and popularity versus skill and acumen. Leadership at the very top needs to understand how to grow the business vs cost cutting and continuous improvement initiatives.

7. "Liquor Industry is fun"

Pros

Very dynamic organization. Constantly trying new things.

Cons

Constant change so if this isn't something you can handle then probably not the right place for you to work.

8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Analytics Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Analytics Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Diageo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Career advancement
    Job perks
    Great benefits
    Great brands
    Fun environment

Great place to work as they are supportive of individual and career growth

Cons

Sometimes management can be slow to respond due to layers of reviews and alignment processes. Also because of large portfolio it can be difficult at times for focus to be placed on what would be considered smaller initiatives which can still be quite a big deal

Advice to Management

Sometimes slow to respond

Apr 18, 2016 – Diageo Talent Engagement Team

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your time at Diageo. We're glad to hear that you are enjoying your role and the opportunities you are experiencing at Diageo. We are grateful for ... More

"Great place to work if you can tolerate the hours and fit in."

Former Employee - Operations Team Member in Plainfield, IL
    Former Employee - Operations Team Member in Plainfield, IL

I worked at Diageo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will get great pay and benefits. Free products for reaching certain goals. You will become very popular with friends and family.

Cons

Fitting in. Seems like people can't wait for someone to leave or get fired so they can move up in seniority. 12 hour night shifts. Working every other weekend on night shift.

Advice to Management

Stop letting people in the clique get away with breaking the rules and writing up people that just aren't cool enough for you.

Apr 18, 2016 – Diageo Talent Engagement Team

The opinions of our employees are extremely important to us and are the main way in which we can look to constantly be improving. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience and we will ... More

"Good for a while, but don't expect growth...."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I worked at Diageo full-time

Pros

good and talented people for the most part, happy hours, product allowance, flexibility to work from home, benefits (medical, time off, etc.) Bonus opportunities are good. Pay is decent.

Cons

Reorgs every 1-2 years. Practically no promotions from inside the Miami team, they love bringing people from other Diageo locations, which is disappointing. There are many talented and hardworking individuals in our office that do not get the recognition they deserve. HR is a joke, but that's everywhere (at least all the companies I have worked for in the past...) They don't look out for the employees best interest or growth and are rude. Many evaluations/reviews throughout the year, that don't amount to anything. Unrealistic targets are set every year and when management finally notices we are not even close to meeting them, it's a panic and cuts everywhere, just to play with the numbers.

Advice to Management

HR needs a huge facelift and it seems plp are too scared to say anything, even though most employees feel the same. Stop setting unrealistic targets

11. "Finance"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Diageo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, company culture, nice people, amazing products

Cons

Restructuring with major lay offs every ~3 years or so; not always a clear path as to vision and direction; long hours, with little work/life balance

Advice to Management

Be more visible, transparent and honest with what is happening now, and what is to come

Apr 18, 2016 – Diageo Talent Engagement Team

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are sorry to hear that you felt there was too much work pressure and as we are constantly looking to make improvements for our ... More