Diagnos-techs Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Client Services"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Diagnos-techs (Less than a year)

Pros

It was a friendly family oriented company.

Cons

They sometimes seem to misplace client lab results.

Advice to Management

None

2. "Mainly a place for recent grads"

Former Employee - Lab Technician in Kent, WA

I worked at Diagnos-techs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, good amount of PTO, low-stress environment, good place to gain experience as a first job out of college. The co-workers I had here were amazing! People work well together and have each other's backs. I have made some genuine friends through working here.

Cons

Low pay, few opportunities for advancement/raises, useless HR, managers don't take responsibility for mistakes, inconsistent work load. Because of low pay and few advancement opportunities, there is high turnover in the lab. The business model of this company relies on hiring recent grads who can't get a job anywhere else so they can get away with low pay. This is a place where you should get about a year of experience and then move on to something better.

Advice to Management

Pay people what they are worth. Have a more inclusive culture that values employee input and don't put all the blame on people that aren't managers. I also think employees' time needs to be used more efficiently. There's a lot of people in the lab that struggle to have a full eight hours worth of work to do each day. It seems like the same amount of work could be done with less people.

"Great place to work to gain experience"

Former Employee - Lab Technician in Kent, WA

I worked at Diagnos-techs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great management who really try to work with you to make sure that you excel
    -Flexibility on your hours once you reach a certain point
    -Lots of potential growth and upward movement in the company

Cons

-Have to start at the bottom and work up to more responsibilities

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

"Great coworkers, poor management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

I worked at Diagnos-techs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful, kind, and hard-working coworkers.
    Interesting work.

Cons

Little incentive for company loyalty. Some member had not received any wage adjustments for over 5 years.
    Poor benefits. Most of insurance cost are covered by the employee.
    Eccentric and outrageous company owner. Very verbally abusive to staff at times.
    Empty promises. I was promised a increase in pay and revision on my job duties. That promise was not kept. I was there for a year and a half.
    It the short time I was there turn over was very high. Casualties included a whole accounting dept and CFO, HR and several members of customer service and lab.

"Great people, low-incentive"

Current Employee - Lab Technician in Kent, WA
    Current Employee - Lab Technician in Kent, WA

I have been working at Diagnos-techs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the people I work with. Stimulating conversations, hard work ethics, cordial atmosphere. These people are my friends. The management is approachable and kind. There is space to learn a lot about biochem diagnostics. Great as a first job out of school.

Cons

Seems like there is a history of the management making empty promises to employees concerning benefits/incentives. Blame has shifted to the owner of the business. There is a relatively high turnover rate from several departments (lab, human resources, executives). I don't perceive much stability in my colleagues because of dissatisfaction with pay.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to the owner: partner with the management more and allow them to make decisions about incentives. Hopefully they could create a better working system. They work more closely with employees and know how to incentivize in a favorable way. Decreasing dissatisfaction will win loyalty of employees and be more sustainable for your business and profits.