DialAmerica "call center" Reviews | Glassdoor

DialAmerica Employee Reviews about "call center"

Updated 21 May 2019

3.3
DialAmerica CEO Chris Conway (no image)
Chris Conway
Pros
Cons
  • "Call center is a thing of the past(in 54 reviews)

• "Generally seeking part-time hours for new hires(in 35 reviews)

Reviews about "call center"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great company"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Port Richey, FL

I have been working at DialAmerica part-time for less than a year

Pros

I know what people think about call center work, but this company has helped me both personally and professionally. They have goals that help keep you on track and stay focused not only for the job but it has helped me stay consistent with my kids.

Cons

I wish they had daycare

Advice to Management

keep up the good job because I have learned so much and look forward to many more years

DialAmerica2019-05-21
  2. "It was okay"

I worked at DialAmerica

Pros

Call center work. Listened to music

Cons

Read script. had their favorites

DialAmerica2018-12-27

"Great Place to Start out but Unreliable Hours"

Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at DialAmerica part-time for less than a year

Pros

Management is helpful. Except for the trainer who runs the evening class. They help you with your sales training. A good reference from them will get you a good call center job with more reliable hours.

Cons

They tell you it is a shift with set hours. And you believe them because it is outbound and they shouldn't have a problem with that since you are calling out. But they do it in spurts. They have a call center full of people working 12 hour shifts when they are busy. Then they have the call center with practically no one working in it. Because they do the calling in spurts. They are extremely for about three weeks... and want you to work long hours. Then they don't have business and want you to stay home for a a few weeks. The other con is that you only have 15 minutes for a 6 hour shift. And your bathroom time gets counted out of it. And then time is taken out of that break time when you move from one dialer to the other. So it is hard to stay within your break time. And if you don't you are counted as late for that day even if you got there on time and left on time.

Advice to Management

Have a more steady volume for your calling out so people have regular hours.

DialAmerica2018-12-04
  4. "Manager"

I worked at DialAmerica

Pros

Good culture good leadership and managers

Cons

Call center is a thing of the past

DialAmerica2018-09-25

"Nice place to grow, but not for a career"

I have been working at DialAmerica part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible scheduling Casual Dress Code Employee Appreciation Every Week Advancement Opportunities

Cons

Short Breaks (3 mins for every 1hr worked) Cannot leave station unless going on break, this includes needing to use the restroom OR eat lunch , most likely you will go over breaktime attempting to do both. & they do not tell you this in the interview but after they hire you, phones are also not allowed on the floor, have to lock them in lockers. Strict Call Center setting

Advice to Management

Should allow more mental stability to keep employees motivated. Staring at a computer screen 8hrs/5days a week with a limited break is very inhuman, hope to see company improve in the future.

DialAmerica2018-10-02
  6. "Not for everyone, but some may love"

I have been working at DialAmerica part-time

Pros

Works with your schedule Tons of people to meet and greet Pay isn't terrible for a part time job You can always talk to your boss

Cons

The job itself is quite a bit draining over time, as is with most call center work Volatile work

Advice to Management

Micromanaging employees is not a good way to help keep employees

DialAmerica2018-04-13
  7. "CSR"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

I worked at DialAmerica part-time

Pros

Work with your school schedule

Cons

Poor salary compared to other call centers

DialAmerica2018-03-13

"Poor management"

Former Employee - Customer Servive in Knoxville, TN

I worked at DialAmerica part-time for less than a year

Pros

None excent it was legal.

Cons

Call center was noisy. No noise buffering. Team leaders kept yeliing. Reasonably laid off 28 people.

Advice to Management

Stop yelling and screaming, let the people do the job they were hired to do.

DialAmerica2018-02-24

"GO FOR SOMETHING ELSE,SERIOUSLY"

I worked at DialAmerica part-time

Pros

It's a great entry level job, if a Call Center career is something you want to get into.

Cons

For part time they pay $8/hour with the ability to make up to $12 an hour. They are are located in Jefferson Road around Athens GA, so keep the commute in mind. I have a bachelors degree in Business Administration, so I never though about staying long here SMH.

DialAmerica2018-01-04
  10. "Experience and Opportunity"

Current Employee - Supervisor in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at DialAmerica full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've worked at DialAmerica for more than 5 years now. It's definitely a family atmosphere and the employees really care. I've had plenty of experience with other companies and the call center environment, but no where else was I able to learn so much about different industries and really have the opportunity to advance. Like any job, what you put into it is what you'll get in return, and with Dial, there's certainly... room to grow and develop.

Cons

Dial isn't the highest paying call center in the area by any means, but there are opportunities to earn more if you take advantage of them.

Advice to Management

Sometimes it feels like tenure at the company is more important than performance when it comes to promotions.

DialAmerica2017-09-13