DialAmerica "part time" Reviews | Glassdoor

DialAmerica Employee Reviews about "part time"

Updated Mar 6, 2019

3.3
DialAmerica President and CEO Chris Conway (no image)
Chris Conway
Pros
Cons
  • "Call center is a thing of the past(in 54 reviews)

• "Generally seeking part-time hours for new hires(in 35 reviews)

Reviews about "part time"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Part Time Income"

Current Employee - SXM Agent in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at DialAmerica part-time

Pros

I retired last year and love Dial America. I wish I would have known about it sooner. They allow me to work part time hours and the extra income is perfect to supplement my retirement. The environment is great and the people are wonderful. The team leaders are very helpful and really helped me with the computers. The mix of employees and managers is diverse which is important to me.

Cons

Sometimes the floor is too loud when they celebrate sales. You have to dial the phone a lot and customers don’t always answer.

Advice to Management

Find a way to get your name out there! I wish I would have found you sooner!

DialAmerica2019-03-07
  2. "What a Great Organization!"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DialAmerica part-time

Pros

I worked for Dial America approximately twenty five years ago. In looking for something to do on a part-time basis, the thoughts of their amazing culture and a commitment to brining people into their organization as family, still remained over the twenty five years that I have known of them. In today's business world, this is truly unique. As with any organization, responsibility to responsibility is key. If you... are someone that has a commitment to work ethics, this is an organization that will welcome you, and work with you in advancing your growth be it with them, or somewhere else. They are committed to the growth of quality people, and do all within their abilities to help you advance. If part-time, full-time, growth and development, is your goal, bring your game, and don't miss this opportunity.

Cons

I have yet to find one

Advice to Management

Keep the culture, and thank you!

DialAmerica2018-10-11
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Future Employee Beware"

Former Employee - Outbound Sales Agent in El Paso, TX

I worked at DialAmerica part-time for less than a year

Pros

Below in my Con section, you can see that if you are a drug user or have a criminal record you can get hired. I guest you can call that a "Pro"

Cons

This feedback concerns the Dial America’s El Paso, Texas location. I was an employee for Dial America for six months (it felt like six years) and I want to first start with some “positive feedback”. If you are a criminal or have a criminal record, no problem because many of your peers are working at Dial America, since it is known in the business community that Dial America doesn’t do background checks. Should you... be a drug user or abuser you are also in luck! Now don’t fall for any ads that state “full time work” as there is none. The term “flexible hours” means part-time, which then translates to zero benefits. Starting pay is $8/hour. They have outbound calling and inbound calling positions and depending on which you chose you will receive either 2 or 3 days “training” then it’s out to the floor to embarrass yourself. Now be prepared to throw any ethical behavior out the door when dealing with customers as you are taught to badger people until they hang up. Here’s the interesting part, if someone tells you they are not interested and hangs up…. You are taught to code the call “as not at home”. That’s so some other agent can call them in two days and harass them again. Please don’t get too acquainted with the people there. In my so-called “training class” of 14 people, 4 people were left after the first week! How about Managerial support? Well there’s a saying “There are no coaches …just critics ..whose job is to catch you doing something wrong rather than offering encouragement. People with a conscience ultimately leave, however if you can look in the mirror at yourself every day and go do this job, have at it. Funny all the people doing this job have one thing in common, they will personally tell you that they “hate telemarketers calling their home”.

Advice to Management

Do background and drug test on employees, good people don't want to work with bad folks. Train people adequately and you will better long -term employees. Develop realistic sales goals and hire coaches with people skills, rather than who sold the most as criteria for management.

DialAmerica2018-08-05

"Working at DialAmerica is like working in a Daycare Center, that doesn't pay its employees."

I have been working at DialAmerica

Pros

It's very close to my home. That is about it, as this is

Cons

Where do I begin? The pay is appalling. $9/hour in 2018. I am over-qualified for numerous managerial jobs in my field, given my 30 years if experience. So, WHO hired me for a part-time gig? The absolute lowest-paying, cheap company on the planet. Moreover, while some of the people are nice, and have a brain, some are petty, distrusting, gossiping babies. I can not wait until the day I leave this place.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the gossiping brats who think they own the place.....and who speak so poorly, they DON'T BELONG ON THE TELEPHONE!!!!

DialAmerica2018-06-07

"CSR"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Athens, GA

I worked at DialAmerica part-time for less than a year

Pros

Part time job that flexible, decent part time wage, and you have paid training

Cons

Sometimes you have low call volume and you're sent home, you have to dress up as if the client can see you.

Advice to Management

Offer training in the evening so that all Customer Service Reps can have a chance to learn more programs

DialAmerica2018-04-20
  7. "Not for everyone, but some may love"

I have been working at DialAmerica part-time

Pros

Works with your schedule Tons of people to meet and greet Pay isn't terrible for a part time job You can always talk to your boss

Cons

The job itself is quite a bit draining over time, as is with most call center work Volatile work

Advice to Management

Micromanaging employees is not a good way to help keep employees

DialAmerica2018-04-13
  8. "Agent"

Current Employee - Agent in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at DialAmerica part-time for less than a year

Pros

I recently moved across states and needed a part time job. This place has exceeded my expectations! I love walking into the building to start my shifts just because of the sense of belonging that I feel! Even though it’s just a part time job, I feel more connected with the people I work than any other organization i’ve worked for. It feels like one big family here and that is very rare to come by in organizations.... Everyone is so nice and respectful of each other and very helpful.

Cons

Frankly, none for me.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing. You are all so very engaging with the team, and that is very rare at some organizations. The various activities throughout the months are engaging and makes employees feel like they matter!!

DialAmerica2018-03-02

"Supervisor"

Current Employee - Sales Supervisor in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at DialAmerica full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great atmosphere and room to grow. The upper management team is really invested in your success and truly wants you to win! I started out as an agent on the phones and was guided into a mentor position that quickly lead to a part time supervisor. Within a year the leadership recognized my potential and I was promoted to full time supervisor. I have been with this company for 3 years now and can easily see myself... staying for a long time.

Cons

Could use more health benefits.

DialAmerica2018-02-13

"GO FOR SOMETHING ELSE,SERIOUSLY"

I worked at DialAmerica part-time

Pros

It's a great entry level job, if a Call Center career is something you want to get into.

Cons

For part time they pay $8/hour with the ability to make up to $12 an hour. They are are located in Jefferson Road around Athens GA, so keep the commute in mind. I have a bachelors degree in Business Administration, so I never though about staying long here SMH.

DialAmerica2018-01-04
  11. "Horrible Work Environment"

in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at DialAmerica

Pros

Paid training with reasonable hours during training.

Cons

Part time hours in a toxic work environment. I paid $100 for a book to try to be eligible for Medicare calls but it's not worth the hassle. My friend warned me, but I didn't listen.

DialAmerica2018-01-14