Dialog Direct Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 8, 2017

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Doug Kearney

Pros
  • love that the call center is laid back (in 12 reviews)

• Very well staffed with great people that want to do a good job (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Very low pay for the amount of work they want you to do (in 12 reviews)

• Upper management could do the company a service by being more upfront with their employees instead of keeping things hidden (in 10 reviews)

"No job security or chances of growth. Poor executive Leaders."

Former Employee - Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Dialog Direct full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Relaxed environment, people are very friendly and easy to work with.

Cons

The IT department lacks Business processes and definitions. It is a mess with high turnover. Job descriptions are muddled and lack clarity for e.g. sometimes you will have three people on a project doing the same thing. IT lacks QA and a UAT department, which is a huge RED FLAG. It’s funny that none of the Executive Management or CEO acknowledges or cares about this.

The PMO dept since its inception just makes promises and can’t walk the talk. They have brought no structure, definition and/or defined processes to the company. Documentation is nonexistent and this company is miles away from any type of defined structure.

Job security is non existent. Tenure has no value to this company as they will discard you in a minute. If you are a seasoned IT professional, don't waste your time here. All you will get is false hope and disappointment.

Advice to Management

The CIO has NO clue as to what he is doing & where he is taking the company. Under his leadership, Dialog Direct has been through two unsuccessful reorgs with No success. Many of the IT folks are underpaid and the attrition in the IT dept is very high. Mass layoffs are NOT the solution. All RED flags. Maybe you should take advise from the weekly Speed-read you send out.

"I wouldn't wish this job on my worst enemy (FORT WORTH TEXAS)"

I have been working at Dialog Direct full-time

Pros

Quick to get on the floor, easy job, SOME co-workers are nice to work with. Renovations are a plus.

Cons

This job has literally switched my hours and implemented them the following Saturday (since pay periods start on saturdays and end on Fridays). People have children and second jobs. The hiring managers were made aware of these things from the very beginning and instead of asking EVERYONE (not just their favorites) on what schedule would work best for them, they tell people what their schedules would be. This is an inconvenience to their spouses, children, 2nd jobs/coworkers. You don't have proper training on things you could have been trained on. Zero Variance is the name of the company that grades your calls and they score you incorrectly because they don't know the information that they are supposed to know. They are told to FIND SOMETHING to score your quality. It seems like some people's calls are graded more than others. Management, employees, and Senior Policy Analysts need to be revamped because the whole staff here is bad! AND THE PARKING IS TERRIBLE. I SPEND 5 minutes of my time trying to get from my car into the building!

Advice to Management

Be fair! Stop playing favorites. If someone deserves an award give it to them. Also, stop making up rules at the last second when you know corporate is going to show up! If you actually take the time to care and do your job correctly, you won't have to clean up behind yourself when higher management comes. Also, it wouldn't hurt if you could keep a documented record of your point system and call quality scores. We have lockers for a reason!

3. "The company is always looking out for themselves and not their employees."

Current Employee - Assistant Coach in American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Assistant Coach in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Dialog Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good job for college students

Cons

Management is focused on promoting who they know, rather than who is best for the job.

Advice to Management

Leave

5. "Company formerly known as Novo1"

Pros

Paycheck did not bounce. Otherwise, it was awful.

Cons

Everything else; job title, pay and hours and status (temporary vs. permanent) were all misrepresented. Not enough bathroom facilities for the number of people in the building. Working conditions brought out the worst in co-workers.

6. "Licensed Health Insurance Agent"

Current Contractor - Licensed Health Agent in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Contractor - Licensed Health Agent in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Dialog Direct as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Recruitment works with you to make sure you can start asap, and they pay for CE credits. I was able to renew my license free of charge with the company.

Cons

I worked on the BCAM campaign the management is not organized. as a full time employee from training we were promised holiday pay and benefits after completion of 90 days. I was able to enroll into health insurance plan however at the last minute they denied EVERYONE holiday pay.

Advice to Management

Stay organize and treat your employees like they matter.

"Don't expect much? You'll be happy here..."

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Fort Worth, TX

Pros

Great deal of freedom to ad lib your management style. If you are lacking experience and get into a management position then you can find the management style that works best for you. However, be aware that it will be entirely up to you to explore different styles because upper management will give very little - or none - direction.

Cons

Most programs are temporary and/or seasonal. If that's what you're looking for then this is not a con at all. However, do not be deceived into thinking that you will be one of those selected to be permanent with the company because the statistics just don't allow that to happen. For example, I managed a temporary campaign with 140 full time positions and 5 were kept on after the campaign. Very long odds indeed (although I lasted numerous purges totaling 4 years).

There is nowhere to go but out. The management team is in place and not going anywhere. Hence, there are very few - if any - opportunities to advance. And if you don't advance your pay will remain flat and stagnant. You might survive employee purges but you will not be rewarded for surviving the continuous purges. To move up you have to move on. Get your experience, pad your resume, and try to leave on your terms - not theirs.

Very poor working conditions. The building is a warehouse converted to pseudo office space, which is ok if the conversion was done properly. However, there are issues with controlling the temperature so some areas are oppressively hot while other areas are frigid (to the point where people wrap themselves in a blanket to work). In addition, the computer equipment is outdated and performs poorly. The company will not spend even to maintain the equipment they have so there is no chance they will upgrade to new equipment.

Poor management abounds. Per my "pros" comments there is very little structure to management style because of lack of training. While this is good for new and aspiring managers to find their rhythm, it means that many employees work for managers who have very little, if any, management training and are not likely to receive any additional training to help them get better. So if you get a bad manager you're stuck with a bad manager... And the good supervisors and managers move on without any retention efforts by the company.

The company does not reward performance. So find out what you're being rated on and do that. Going above and beyond is not rewarded and can even cause you problems with upper management/HR.

Loads of turnover. Yes, many campaigns are temporary. But even the permanent campaigns have tremendous amounts of turnover. Lack of advancement opportunities, lack of good management, stagnant wages, no performance recognition and poor working conditions lead to tremendous amounts of turnover.

Advice to Management

Take management training yourself. Do not assume that just because you have been managing people that you are a professional manager. Hire professional managers who are educated in management.

8. "Phone rep"

Current Employee - Sales in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Dialog Direct full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Easy hire because no one stays

Cons

Bed bugs and poor pay. A revolving door call center. Once your in, your there until you find something better. Safety is a concern. Drug deals and non employees allowed on property.

Advice to Management

You need to hire people beer than you because you're not doing a good job

9. "Terrible"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Highland Park, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Highland Park, MI

I have been working at Dialog Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

usually you have at least one nice thing to say about a company, well with this one I have not one pro.

Cons

terrible company to work for, unorganized liars. the pay is low but they expect alot of work from you. last option job

Advice to Management

Do Better

10. "Licensed Agent"

Former Contractor - Licensed Agent in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Contractor - Licensed Agent in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Dialog Direct as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked for Dialog Direct for 1 month. My trainer was nice and I met a couple of nice team mates

Cons

This is a horrible place to work. They have bed bugs biting people the training really sucked,If you did not know anything about medicare you were up the creek without a paddle We were told you can enroll a medicare beneficiary in to a medicare advantage plan and stand alone pdp which is illegal you could not unless it was a cost plan or pffs plan and you were told you could enroll a husband and wife without having power of attorney for each. I got out before I ended up losing my license for not being in compliance with Medicare so I'm gone and to everyone don't put your license in danger of losing them for this nonsense

Advice to Management

Make sue you have an expert know medicare to teach that part and an expert to teach
    ACA. You could have let me teach the medicare

11. "Customer service representative - licensed insurance agent"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative - Licensed Insurance Agent in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Dialog Direct full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly coworkers and over time opportunities to supplement poor pay.

Cons

Low pay, minimal to no room for advancement, clients call the shots and see workers as space fillers not people. They will request anyone be fired for the smallest infraction without attempting to keep or coach dedicated reps.

Advice to Management

Treating workers with dignity and fairness across the board goes much further than attempting to boost moral with stupid ideas like hat day which no one participates in or cookie day where no cookies get passed out. Also considering the ridiculous callers and abuse we put up with from customers, the pay is not worth it, hence why you have so many employees that simply do not care and view this as a check not a desirable fun job to come to. The new people who have been placed over HR and recruiting are jokes. It is astonishing they function well enough to find their way out of the house and to work every day, I'll never understand who thought to put them in charge of a company. Also they clearly show favoritism and I hate to say it but they display obvious racism against white employees while many of the executives seem to view everyone like insects the way they look at people passing them in the hall. It's sad but management here will never improve, it is just too broken.