Dialog Direct Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 20, 2017

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Doug Kearney

Pros
  • love that the call center is laid back (in 12 reviews)

• Very well staffed with great people that want to do a good job (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Very low pay for the amount of work they want you to do (in 12 reviews)

• Upper management could do the company a service by being more upfront with their employees instead of keeping things hidden (in 10 reviews)

1. "customer care"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Dialog Direct (More than a year)

Pros

location benefits some positive wokers

Cons

no promotions and management is poor

2. "Customer Service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Holland, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Holland, MI

I worked at Dialog Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a paycheck, that's about it.

Cons

They are lacking communication from management.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with more respect. Better communication with employees.

3. "Only if you're desperate."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Dialog Direct full-time

Pros

Co-workers are mostly polite, build a good working relationship with most people around you, plenty of resources available to assist you in doing your job. Full time employees also receive benefits such as health and dental,

Cons

Pay is bi-weekly, lots of micro managers with plenty of empty time on their hands. I would say the majority of managers are good, with a small portion who allow their title to get to their heads. Manager selection is more or less based on favoritism and "cliques" than anything else. Not positive if most of them even have a college degree.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees and they will respect you. Stop using scare tactics to motivate employees. Don't train agents to be unethical when selling plans. Find other things to do to occupy your time besides micromanaging.

5. "Good schedules"

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Troy, MI

I worked at Dialog Direct (Less than a year)

Pros

Good flexibility in most programs

Cons

Low pay, poor attitudes from employees to leads

Advice to Management

Tell your employees and their leaders that genuine customer service comes from a genuinely kind person

6. "Account Director"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I worked at Dialog Direct full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people are sincere and care about one another

Cons

Top heavy on executive level positions and no interaction of top level management with the team that makes it all happen the agents

Advice to Management

Get involved, walk through the call center in all buildings on occasion listen to what is really going on - Also consider your middle management they are spread so thin they cannot possibly be successful and this is why you have such high turnover!!

7. "Not the best but it will do"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Rochester Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Rochester Hills, MI

I have been working at Dialog Direct full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good place to just get some experience and move on to a better job if you can't find anything else also they offer a lot of overtime during holidays. Great deal of freedom to ad lib your management style. If you are lacking experience and get into a management position then you can find the management style that works best for you. However, be aware that it will be entirely up to you to explore different styles because upper management will give very little - or none - direction.

Cons

Very low pay for the amount of work they want you to do. It is not a very stable job with programs always coming and going you never know when it is your turn. Upper management does a very poor job at being organized and assisting lower level management.

Advice to Management

Treat people better and don't try to avoid the problems.

8. "It's a decent company"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Dialog Direct full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best things about Dialog Direct is that they are always trying their best to better their systems to help customers more efficiently and effectively, as well as quicker.

Cons

The only thing that I do not agree with is some of their Supervising staff members.

Advice to Management

Just do better in general. You're a good company but you can be GREATER!!! I believe you can be.

"Little tolerance for new employee learning curve"

Former Employee - PSA in Denison, TX
    Former Employee - PSA in Denison, TX

I worked at Dialog Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Always promote from within, pay is OK, however, be aware if hired you have to be cross trained as PSA/MSA before any raises are allowed.

Cons

No tolerance for disabled employees, it takes a year to be able to take time of without being marked for it
    There is no such thing as an excusable absence, except deaths in immediate family.
    Pay is mediocre for the stress you ensure.
    Lastly, they need to revamp their training program.
    Very few ppl are actually ready to start on phones.
    High stress

Advice to Management

FIX TRAINING AND MORE TRANSPARENCY DURING INTERVIEW PROCESS

10. "Trainer/quality coach"

Current Employee - Trainer in Highland Park, MI
    Current Employee - Trainer in Highland Park, MI

I have been working at Dialog Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Building is secure. Lots of areas you could potential grow into. Beaufort architecture on the first floor. Lovely fish in the pond.

Cons

Very old school in their way of thinking. Many people have been here many years and believe that they know the only way of doing things. Ideas are only good is if management has already thought of them. Not interested in changes. No new technology. Expect to have a desk top computer or wait 5 months to get approval for a refurbished laptop that's still subpar. Not a place for millennials.

Advice to Management

Diversity your thinking.

11. "Seemed at first to be great but after a month.."

I worked at Dialog Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Thorough training, apparent professionalism and nice break/lunch rooms.

Cons

There are no extensions so if your prospect is not prepared to pay on the spot after you quote them, you will most likely not get the sale. If the prospect does not have; vin#s. Drivers License #s, proof of prior or down payment. If you talk to them even on the same day (even if third or more) you have to go over everything as if you are talking to them for the first time. Their reasoning is that they only keep the recording that the policy was purchased. I could of easily sold 33% more if I did not have to re-repeat over and over again. It really pissed off the prospects.

Their system for breaks and lunches you have to get off and return exactly on time. For the first couple of months I would get back about five minutes early and it messed up my adherence to schedule statistic which is one of the things that affected my bonus.

Then I had more than a few times that I would drive to work, which was about 20 miles one way, I was sent home not even an hour later.

They have no problem hiring more people for a program even though "the higher ups" know that is a great possibility that within a month later they will lay them off. When it came to the great exodus just two weeks after I left in the program that I was a part of, they pulled out of 13 of the 18 states they were in. They laid off one of their two best supervisors when the newest super was one for less than two months and she was not as dependable.

Advice to Management

Get a clue from the crappy ratings of former/current workers and exit surveys. I promise you that you can lower high turnover rate and save more money in the long run.