Dialog Direct Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated October 7, 2017

2.0
Doug Kearney

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • love that the call center is laid back (in 12 reviews)

• Very well staffed with great people that want to do a good job (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Very low pay for the amount of work they want you to do (in 15 reviews)

• No chat to talk to other agents or upper management (in 11 reviews)

1. "CSR"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Holland, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Holland, MI

I have been working at Dialog Direct full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only satiafaction is helping customers with issues. It is very satisfying to know that you made someones day better by solving their problem.

Cons

Leashed to a phone and not able to get up and move without permission. Cant dial 911 from inside the building. No room for advancement unless your a friend to management

Advice to Management

You have educated able people...why do you only choose friends. When upper management comes you should show true colors. And please bring back the dress code.

2. "Needs more structure."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Troy, MI

I worked at Dialog Direct full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked there for almost 2 years. If you're looking to gain some experience this will be a quick stepping stone.

Cons

The turnover is extremely HIGH. If a supervisor does not like a individual, they can make it hard for you. The pay rate is almost minimum wage and they hire anyone who's looking for a job. People were stealing from other employees, just a low morale environment.

Advice to Management

Be fair with everyone and try to boost the morale in the office. Advise HR to stop hiring anyone off of the streets.

"good Intentions, Poor Execution!"

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Highland Park, MI
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Highland Park, MI

I worked at Dialog Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is very innovative and is always making advancements to stay competitive. They seem to want their employees to have a good work atmosphere and promote productivity. The training process is thorough, they do not just throw you to the wolves. Lots of role play and team based exercises. They do offer a paid cafeteria for lunch which is nice and convenient.

Cons

The biggest con to working here was the fact that you spend 45 a week working for them and they treat you like part time employees. EVERYTHING kicks in after a year of employment. They DO NOT give annual raises to most of their employees because they only have 2 programs permanent programs. The rest of the programs are meant to be permanent but if they lose the contract, you are pretty much laid off. If you were a good employee with good attendance you will be called back when another program starts. So its pretty hard to make it a full year when working on newer and temporary campaigns. The management structure is good but the execution is horrible. I started with 1 manager and a group of about 15. The group dwindled and the company we were servicing wanted to expand their campaign. So they hired a few people and brought back some people from a campaign that had recently ended. AND A SECOND MANAGER! Big mistake! Our manager pretty much promoted an atmosphere of "team vs. team". This caused a lot of internal struggles. The managers didn't like each other so they would implement conflicting policies. Our original manager basically told us we didn't have to listen to the new one, so we had co workers who did not respect her authority, some even stooped to confronting her on the floor during calls. My manager was so unprofessional it astounded me. She would discuss workers attendance or personal issues with the subordinates that she befriended. In our very first staff meeting she told us about her 1st abortion experience! To kill time in the beginning we often had staff meeting where we pretty much listened to stories about her ex's or fights she had been in. I wrote her off day one! She had no tact and often took legitimate questions about her methods personal as if it was completely normal to behave the way she did. The human resources office was closed most of the day and when you did get a chance to meet with them they didn't have any answers to offer. Once my check was short, they offered to give the balance on a Meijer gift card!!! Maybe my experience was bad because of the manager i had or the location i worked in, but when i was lad off i was told i would qualify to come back with another program. i told them no thank you! Oh and you'll experience random bedbug scares. One young lady went as far as to cover her chair and clothes

Advice to Management

More vetting is needed when selecting the individual program managers! Most of them are chosen because they have been with the company for a while and applied when a position came open. However, they dont seem to be given any management skills training. offer more incentives to full time employees! the little things count! We heard another location had taco Tuesday and a pop corn machine, OMG they let never that go! "why cant we have popcorn days?" "we do we get a taco Tuesday?" If you're gonna transfer employees from site to site, it may be good to implement a little conformity in the incentives... Good Riddens!

"Medicare Enroller"

Former Employee - Licensed Insurance Agent in Highland Park, MI
    Former Employee - Licensed Insurance Agent in Highland Park, MI

I worked at Dialog Direct full-time (More than a year)

Pros

close to home , enjoyed and appreciate introduction into the Medicare business

Cons

Disorganized training, do not support agents and their success

Advice to Management

Treat agents with respect

"Horrible don't do it"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Euless, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Euless, TX

I have been working at Dialog Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My schedule is mon-fri so I have weekends off and I also work 8-4:30. Another pro would be the vendors that come selling stuff.

Cons

No bonuses no pay raises. There is a slim chance you will move up and become a sme and when you do the pat stays the same.

Advice to Management

Stop showing favoritism

"customer care"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Dialog Direct (More than a year)

Pros

location benefits some positive wokers

Cons

no promotions and management is poor

"Customer Service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Holland, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Holland, MI

I worked at Dialog Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a paycheck, that's about it.

Cons

They are lacking communication from management.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with more respect. Better communication with employees.

"Only if you're desperate."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Dialog Direct full-time

Pros

Co-workers are mostly polite, build a good working relationship with most people around you, plenty of resources available to assist you in doing your job. Full time employees also receive benefits such as health and dental,

Cons

Pay is bi-weekly, lots of micro managers with plenty of empty time on their hands. I would say the majority of managers are good, with a small portion who allow their title to get to their heads. Manager selection is more or less based on favoritism and "cliques" than anything else. Not positive if most of them even have a college degree.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees and they will respect you. Stop using scare tactics to motivate employees. Don't train agents to be unethical when selling plans. Find other things to do to occupy your time besides micromanaging.

"Good schedules"

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Troy, MI

I worked at Dialog Direct (Less than a year)

Pros

Good flexibility in most programs

Cons

Low pay, poor attitudes from employees to leads

Advice to Management

Tell your employees and their leaders that genuine customer service comes from a genuinely kind person

10. "Account Director"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I worked at Dialog Direct full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people are sincere and care about one another

Cons

Top heavy on executive level positions and no interaction of top level management with the team that makes it all happen the agents

Advice to Management

Get involved, walk through the call center in all buildings on occasion listen to what is really going on - Also consider your middle management they are spread so thin they cannot possibly be successful and this is why you have such high turnover!!