Dialog Direct Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 13, 2017

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Doug Kearney

Pros
  • love that the call center is laid back (in 12 reviews)

• Very well staffed with great people that want to do a good job (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Very low pay for the amount of work they want you to do (in 12 reviews)

• Upper management could do the company a service by being more upfront with their employees instead of keeping things hidden (in 10 reviews)

1. "Could be better...."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Dialog Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love my job, don't ever get me wrong. I love what I do and helping the homeowners is one of the best parts of my job. I love the benefits that I have working here, I have full medical, dental and vision. I can even option for the 401k(have no idea what it is and I'm still young, so I don't need it just yet!) The campaign I'm in is expanding rapidly, so if you want a full time career, not just a job(which stands for Just Over Broke!) definitely fill out the application and schedule your interview!

Cons

The only flaw that I have found working in our building in particular is the bed bug issue. I've been with DD since 6/6/16 and I've known about the issue the entire time I've been there. I know they have just recently started to change up some of the flooring, but in order to get rid of the pesky creatures, we have to close the doors for 24-48 hrs, and bomb the crap out of the building. I know they spray for bugs(not sure if its weekly or monthly), but today(4/3/17) alone, I was bit 4-5 times in a training room.

Advice to Management

maybe rip up the rest of the carpet- in the pods- and get rid of the cloth on the cubical dividers to be able to battle the bug????

2. "Seasonal employee who has the opportunity to apply for full time employment"

Former Employee - Iicenced Insurance Agent in Highland Park, MI
    Former Employee - Iicenced Insurance Agent in Highland Park, MI

I worked at Dialog Direct part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Variety of clients gives you the oportunity to learn new and different software programs that are required in our job market

Cons

Expectations and duties are often not clearly defined which makes it difficult to know if you are doing a good job

Advice to Management

Require all trainers provide thorough important information that their classes are expected to be responsible for. Training has been inconsistant.

3. "Pretty good, I am feeling like this is a family"

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Dialog Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to move up and advance within company, there is also always a new program coming in so it gives you an opportunity to learn different systems that otherwise you wouldn't know of

Cons

Too many seasonal programs, meaning after a few short months you could be without a job if the program isn't extended. So if the program stays temporary you are never eligible for benefits paid time off or any of that

Advice to Management

Promote people because they are good at what they do not because they been there the longest

5. "Diversity is key!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Dialog Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

love that the call center is laid back.. restrooms are very clean, halls are well kept, maintenance is awesome there!!! also i noticed alot of diversity there which is another plus for me :)

Cons

there is favoritism so make sure to be super nice to upper management and honestly its hard to get fired unless your attendance performance is poor

Advice to Management

day managers lighten up and smile.. night managers your awesome :)

6. "Depends on what project you're on"

Former Employee - Outbound Sales Agent in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Outbound Sales Agent in Orem, UT

I worked at Dialog Direct full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule, decent pay and awesome people to work with; great college job! I'm basing my review on the project I was on for most of the time I worked there.

Cons

Some projects can be pretty awful. I got moved to a different project with a different manager and it was a completely different experience, but I was only there for a short time when this happened.

Advice to Management

Most of my experience was great. Keep up the good work!

7. "Great People"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Macomb, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Macomb, MI

I worked at Dialog Direct full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very well staffed with great people that want to do a good job

Cons

Upper management could do the company a service by being more upfront with their employees instead of keeping things hidden.

8. "customer service"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clinton, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clinton, MI

I worked at Dialog Direct (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice and friendly company to work at

Cons

Not organized enough to start working

9. "Pretty Good Place"

Current Employee - Customer Service Call Center Coach in Madison Heights, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Call Center Coach in Madison Heights, MI

I have been working at Dialog Direct (Less than a year)

Pros

Consistent pay check, great team mates

Cons

Disorganized, old computers, old phones.

10. "Call Center insurance agent"

Former Employee - Health Insurance Advisor in Highland Park, MI
    Former Employee - Health Insurance Advisor in Highland Park, MI

I worked at Dialog Direct full-time

Pros

Comradery with great people. You get to learn the value of Teamwork and being impeccable

Cons

Long hours and sometimes rude managers or insurance coaches. TRAINER does not know how the process work, they promoted someone from within who just got her license and didn't know how to TRAIN Anyone.

Advice to Management

Make this job full time yearly instead of around Open Enrollment. HIre real experienced Insurance agents with real call center and person to person insurance sales experience ! Do Not Promote from within house. Hire Professional Trainers who have SOLD INSURANCE! and know HOW to SELL to people!

11. "down hill"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Detroit, MI

I worked at Dialog Direct (More than 5 years)

Pros

Once great company and founder were spectacular. this is what investors bought the company for, and maybe he'll repurchase.

Cons

shareholder interest out of balance with employees. This is what often happens when investor interests through private equity are out of whack

Advice to Management

open book management and give long term employees a chance to participate in ownership of the company via ESOP or open offerings,