Dialog Semiconductor Employee Reviews about "verification"

Updated May 22, 2017

3.7
Dialog Semiconductor CEO and Director Jalal Bagherli
Jalal Bagherli
Pros
Cons
  • "Product group is verification group it's not good for experienced professionals(in 7 reviews)

• "long hours(in 3 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "verification"

Return to all Reviews

"Graduate Intern"

Current Intern - Intern in Campbell, CA

I have been working at Dialog Semiconductor for less than a year

Pros

Room to learn many aspects in designing, testing and marketing an IC. All teams from testing to marketing to FAE are very good and willing to teach and share their knowledge from experience. Some really good experts in the power field work.

Cons

Campbell office has very serious diversity problem. Everybody in the design, verification and System (Applications) group are Chinese. I also noticed most of them are from one university in China. It is difficult to communicate with them and not willing to share knowledge. I got really surprised to see some conversations in design review were in their language.

"An Engineers's Graveyard"

1.0
     in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I worked at Dialog Semiconductor

Pros

The cakes are nice. The people are OK too.

Cons

For a Digital Design/Verification Engineer, it's a career graveyard. I2C is as complicated as it gets. They don't do specs, so the verification is largely made up. If you stay here too long, you will probably retire here, as you will be unemployable anywhere else.

"Mix of Good and bad"

4.0
    Former Employee - Analog Design Engineer in London, England

I worked at Dialog Semiconductor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good trainings, internal and external. Good people overall Good CAD tools flow

Cons

It has hard IP and Product Group division Product group is verification group it's not good for experienced professionals. Very limited new design in IP group done by old engineers rest people just support verification. Dialog has a YSS boss culture . Decision making is behind doors does not take employee s inputs they hear it for the sake of it but don't use it

Continue reading

"Good place to retire. Management and leads who don't care for engineers careers. Most people are OK."

2.0
    Former Employee - Design in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I worked at Dialog Semiconductor full-time

Pros

Stable company (whilst business is good) Some People are OK.

Cons

Type of Work in main product is painful! Will be working on verification nearly all the time. Stale atmosphere. Too much ineffective middle-management.

"Mixed experiences"

Senior Design Engineer in Munich, Bavaria

I have been working at Dialog Semiconductor

Pros

Nice atmosphere, talented colleagues, good benefits.

Cons

Not too much of innovation, huge amount of verification work, getting political with many egos

"Meh.."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I have been working at Dialog Semiconductor full-time for more than a year

Pros

Paid training courses, many benefits and stock options. Some engineers are paid very generously. Most importantly, the company has a future.

Cons

Bad location (Swindon). Design engineers mostly do verification (unless you're a Principle Engineer) and learn little. The business (power management) is not very interesting. Large gaps in engineering salaries.

"Not what I envisaged"

1.0

I worked at Dialog Semiconductor full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary better than most competitors, offices are nice, some decent benefits.

Cons

-Very political and "cold", lots of back-biting. -Processes take a long time (training, for one). -Certain political players get all the good work and perks. Not good if not into politics - made me sick to see. -They retain poisonous employees who are either no good at their job, sow seeds of discord, or are very adept at playing the political game. Definitely favouritism. -Offices, while nice, are often lacking atmosphere. -Too many trying to climb the greasy pole. -Lack of communication in some offices. -Munich & Austrian offices over-worked. -Project management office treats you like a number. -Reverence for 'top designers' but couldn't see why; I saw several design flaws I would have changed. -Lack of interesting work for apps, design, and possibly other functions - heard this was particularly bad at Edinburgh site but can't confirm. -Analogue & Digital design was almost non-existent - across sites there is a lot of grumbling about designers being used only for verification purposes; design skills die out over time so not a good situation for the employee. -Personally, I left one of the German offices after just over a year for a LOWER salary at another company in Austria, but I'm getting better experience which will be of benefit in the long-run. Turns out money isn't everything.

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.