KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Dialpad Reviews

Updated May 20, 2022

Found 189 of over 201 reviews

3.9
Dialpad CEO/Founder Craig Walker (no image)
Craig Walker

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Low pay compared to other tech sales gigs right now(in 3 reviews)
  • "Lastly, Any positive review here is written by HR, or by someone who’s been at the organization for short period of time(in 3 reviews)
  • "Layoffs are common at Dialpad, and the marketing team sees a reset every 12(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Dialpad and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

The Best Company I Have Ever Worked For

May 16, 2022 - Chief of Staff to the Chief Executive Officer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- rapidly growing business with incredible opportunity for expansion - constant innovation - incredibly inclusive culture

Cons

-Pace of change is very quick, environment is best for those that embrace new challenges

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not a terrible place to start, but better places to grow

May 19, 2022 - Business Development Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent community amongst employees Great c-suite leaders Awesome product, truly the best out there in my opinion

Cons

Terrible management Promotions take too long and you’ll often be passed up for no great reason Lots of people leaving (of course common for sales but I’d say a higher turnover than average lately) Low pay compared to other tech sales gigs right now

3. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

having some challenges scaling with rapid growth

May 20, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

People and Products are both great.

Cons

The processes and tools to sell and support customers are desperate and layered with unnecessary complexities.

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Fantastic

May 9, 2022 - Mid Market Sales Executive in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Loved the friends and relationships I made. Also the company culture

Cons

In any start up there is constant change, some are good and some are head scratchers

5. 1.0

Sinking Ship

May 6, 2022 - Customer Success Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

+ Decent Salary + Direct team is helpful, friendly + Unlimited PTO

Cons

Do you like working longer than the typical 9-5, on weekends, and having AE's ping you on PTO? What about the people that run the company unfamiliar with your role, org, or how things are actually done in the day to day? How about changes to your comp or role overnight without detail? If all of this sounds good and you love losing sleep at night, then send in your application to Dialpad ASAP. - Core product works decently, to many random issues within the software itself. Core bugs submitted by clients weekly that take months to solve with poor communication, sometimes closed saying they simply will not fix it. - Currently CSM's are managing 180+ accounts, typical CSM ENT manages 15-30, MM manages 30-50 at most companies, not sure what "Leadership's" expectations are, or why this sounds like a good idea. - Everyday is a nightmare working with clients. Customers have resellers and partners/middlemen involved, which makes every single issue an escalation, and frankly overly complicated. - T1 Support is in the Philippines and is offline in the middle of the week leaving customers tickets to sit in queue. Most responses with how complex VOIP and the software is - is a copy/paste response. - Seems like we have 2 people working in Accounts Receivable running an entire company, AR tickets can sit in the queue for over a month without response. Hire more people to help the already overworked team. Not sure how this is still a thing, you can ask almost anyone at the company and they will agree with this statement. - VP, 2 Managers, and 4 CSM's all in the same org have left in the past 2 months. Multiple others interviewing currently to get out. That point speaks for itself.

8 people found this review helpful
  6. 4.0

Mar 15, 2022 - Account Executive - SMB in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and lots of opportunities throughout the company. Will definitely continue being a successful company.

Cons

As they ramp up operations to IPO, the stress is wearing thin on people. When the company is doing so well but MANY sales reps are struggling to hit quota, something is broken. They did bring in a new VP of Sales to turn the ship around but I think it's a bit late for that for the current sales reps. 2 people on my team alone quit in the last week due to stress/anxiety. Good company overall but there's some real fixing needed in the sales org.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome place for growth!

Apr 2, 2022 - Sales Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Growth opportunities Open door policy with management Amazing product Awesome culture

Cons

Growing pains that come with startups

8. 1.0
    Current Employee

Sinking Ship

Apr 5, 2022 - Customer Success Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent benefits Decent working hours That's really all I can think of

Cons

Stay far away from this company, at least in Customer Success. About 10 months ago, 80% of the entire CS team jumped ship and they hired a new set of executives to replace them: VP and several managers who are, believe it or not, now doing the exact same. History definitely repeats itself here. Part of the reason no one stays for more than 8 months is because leadership makes calls directly impacting CS without involving CS leadership. Recently, an EMAIL was sent out at 9pm on a Tuesday by a C-level executive changing the entire job description of a CSM saying it was effective immediately. People obviously had questions, and in return the company gave us lackluster responses and continued to provide poor communication over a huge change in responsibility and pay. We still, to this day, don't even know what our jobs are. Communication is very very poor here and without that improving, they will lose more people. Additionally, leadership starting interviewing more talent to replace a lot of other people who left and without any explanation, turned all those candidates down yet continue to spit lies at the team saying "we need more help" and "send us any referrals". It creates confusion, annoyance because we are all at our max with the amount of customers we can take on, and frankly has me looking for other opportunities too. Lastly, and probably most importantly is no one takes responsibility for anything at this company. You spin your wheels trying to get answers and are involved in 60+ email threads for almost all of your customers come time of renewal because no one knows anything here; think fingers pointed, blame, and other types of shaming go on here. It's a toxic environment to put it lightly and one I would not wish my worst enemy join.

13 people found this review helpful
  9. 3.0

N/A

Mar 9, 2022 - Senior Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

They pay great but its hard to close deals given the competitors in the space

Cons

Marketing sucks, SDR team doesn't generate opps very well, and Channel is a mess.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best company to work for! (in tech or not)

Sep 10, 2021 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for a lot of tech companies, agencies, etc in my career and this is by far the best job I've ever had. I truly feel proud to be a part of the organization and I can honestly promote the product as the best in our industry. Some pros: Amazingly supportive and progressive culture, clear path to career growth, great pay, unlimited PTO, WFH full time or flex from any office, education stipend, gym reimbursement, phone/internet reimbursement, stock options, and more. The company is experiencing HUGE growth and they handle that growth with ease. Dialpad is very good at evolving quickly without compromising quality of life for staff as well as quality in the products. Super excited about the trajectory of this company and my career.

Cons

Honestly none that I can think of

3 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 189 Reviews

Dialpad Reviews FAQs

Dialpad has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 201 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at Dialpad to a friend and 79% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Dialpad employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Dialpad. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

80% of Dialpad employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Dialpad 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Dialpad to be senior leadership, benefits, culture and the cons to be career development, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Dialpad Job Seekers