Diamond Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Blake Diamond

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Fast-paced work environment, work hard play hard culture, great people (in 4 reviews)

• 1,000,000 if I remember correctly) if you work for several years and recruit door-to-door salesmen to work on your team after working as a (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Door to door daily routine when starting to but the end goal is worth the time in the field 100% (in 7 reviews)

• Door to door sales is no fun at all (in 5 reviews)

"Marketing/Management Consultant"

Former Employee - Management Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Management Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Diamond Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The management, my coworkers, the environment/atmoshere, the "work hard/play hard" mentality, the encouragement of leaders/peers/other teams to succeed, the fact that anyone is willing to help you at any given time whether it be professional or personal. I learned more in the year than I did in my four years of college and 2 years of grad school. I like the fact that this is a job in which only the strong survive. It's competitive but supportive at the same time. The perfect mixture of professionalism and fun. I had to take a leave of absence for health reasons but when time allows I have every intention of going back and I know that they will welcome me back with open arms as this has become a second family to me.

Cons

The negative rap that they get on social media for the simple fact that it's not a job for everyone. If it were, everyone would do it. People don't like to come to the realization that they aren't good at something because it's hard work. My advice- form your own opinions, rather than the ones of others. Like I said it's a challenge, it's hard work, and only the strong survive-- but if you're up to the challenge, keep an open mind and maintain a strong student mentality, the payoff is WELL worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"Marketing Associate"

I worked at Diamond Consulting full-time

Pros

I love the atmosphere and culture at Diamond. They have a strong mentorship program and lots of networking opportunities. Coming to work every morning is very exciting!

Cons

It's a demanding role and require a lot of hard work so the hours are long but it is rewarding.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on developing and mentoring the staff. Keep the office environment light and engaging!

"Marketing Consultant"

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Trevose, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Trevose, PA

I have been working at Diamond Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've had the incredible opportunity to pilot a new innovative marketing campaign in the solar industry. The entire experience has been eye opening in terms of the inner workings of the marketing & advertising world.

I have been a part of the strategy development and not been stuck just doing statistical research but heavily involved in the client engagement space - a common practice for junior members of our firm.

I really appreciate the creativity and freedoms afforded to me so early in my tenure at Diamond. The corporate culture is awesome to say the least - weekly Monday luncheons at varying restaurants sponsored by the company are a great morale booster and networking opportunity.

The amazing team environment is what makes it fun to come to work everyday and the training has been off the charts - I really appreciate that in a matter of 6 - 8 months I can look forward to a significant promotion based on my performance and honestly speaking I made $3,125 last week so the money has been awesome!!

Cons

It is hard work and the hours are tiring - but I joined the firm with the goal of making money and growing as a person ; so it is a sacrifice I'm happy to make knowing that there is upward mobility.

I've already been on six business trips with the firm so if someone doesn't like to travel it can be a challenge.

Advice to Management

Keep adding more clients

"Marketing Associate"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate

I have been working at Diamond Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

~Endless Opportunity for professional and personal development
    ~The entire staff is dedicated to helping you succeed, you aren't competing professionally with your co workers, instead, you're all working to better yourselves and each other as professionals and to drive the firm as a whole forward.
    ~The work hard play hard atmosphere is incredibly energizing and really allows you to bond with your coworkers in a way that I really don't believe any other firms I've ever worked at.
    ~Management truly cares about their staff, regardless of whose team you're on.

~If you are looking for a chance to truly grow personally and professionally and climb the ladder then this is the company for you. Especially for those with little or no experience, as long as you're willing to work hard and learn, they will give you a chance.

Cons

~Long hours
    ~Could use more team nights

Advice to Management

~I think management is going in the right direction, but I do feel as though potentially telling the staff how the campaign is doing nationwide comparatively may yield some interesting results or just boost the communication between staff and management.

5. "A little too old for all the running around."

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Diamond Consulting full-time

Pros

High energy and family environment. Always some type of music being played in every part of the office. As well as the company mixers/events

Cons

Very very very long hours. I made a lot of money but with my age it's a toll on my body. If your under 40 or body is somewhat manageable condition, you'll be fine.

Advice to Management

More then 2 team nights a week

"Falsely Advertised"

Former Employee - Marketing Associate
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate

I worked at Diamond Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The office is in a nice location.

Cons

Also advertised as Blue Square Concepts, Royal Solutions, among an unknown number of many other names, this company is a DOOR TO DOOR SALES JOB and DO NOT let them tell you otherwise! I am so convinced that actors were hired for my interview, for I never saw those who interviewed me again and the office environment in which I interviewed was completely different. The lobby is constantly filled with interviewees, something I should've noticed as a red flag immediately, but my naivety and desire for a job outweighed my suspicions. First, you do not have a salary when they present it to you that you are a salaried employee. Secondly, they do not reimburse you properly, for you are expected to take your own mode of transportation to territories for sales and will not be reimbursed for mileage in any way. Additionally, they carve out territories where I personally felt unsafe. Third, the hours are 12-8. You heard that right, noon to 8 PM. If interviewing, ask pointed questions to expose this company for taking advantage of employees! But of course, I suggest not wasting your time even applying and going to the interview. Spend your time job hunting for a legitimate company. They try to portray the company as a glamorous marketing firm who hosts lavish parties, has offices all over the world, and is expanding at a rate that you can not even imagine. Though I cannot speak to the numbers side of Blue Square/Diamond/Royal Solutions, I certainly can attest to the dirty office with exposed wiring and no desks/computers/electronic devices. Another "pull" they use to attract young professionals is that there is such a push for associates to make the leap to management so very quickly. Interestingly enough, there is only one "Manager" and the President in the office now. Not a team of management, like they portray. They invite their employees to drinking events where, though not pressured to drink, is another way to "prove" to potential employees that they have a work/life balance. Frankly, this can only be done so often because the work hours do not begin until 12 noon!

Advice to Management

Stop lying to those you're interviewing! Tell them straight up that this is a door-to-door sales job! Also, it would be beneficial to not present interviewees with a salary chart (what they can make) when in fact, they are not salaried employees and instead are on commission.

"Learned Skills That Will Help Me In Life and Future Careers"

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Diamond Consulting full-time

Pros

Support, Structure, Vigor, Tenacity, Community, Teamwork, Opportunities for Advancement, Veracity, Credible, Honest

Cons

You tend to become so focused on seeing the bigger picture that you can sometimes overwork yourself.

Advice to Management

You're Welcome ;)

"Marketing Assoc."

Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Diamond Consulting (Less than a year)

Pros

If you enjoy bizarre hours and drinking a lot this is the place for you

Cons

Is a pyramid scheme through and through. Door to door sales in the worst parts of Philly.

Advice to Management

Be up front

"Valued Company"

Current Employee - Sales in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Sales in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Diamond Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

new opportunities to come with great and hard working people. The company has open its door for better living with cold workplace with lots of good stuffs within. CEO is one the most strategic, smart, business minded but kind boss ever.

Cons

No cons to share. Maybe traffic and some long hours of work.

Advice to Management

Always keep in mind your great work comes with determination.

"Nice diverse culture"

Current Employee - Marketing in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Diamond Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice diverse culture of colleagues, warm approachable management and staff, optimistic environment, helpful people and quick workers motivated in CEO's advocacy in business.

Cons

Only long hours of work but in that long hours, there will be a reward for your hard work.

Advice to Management

Continue whatever is good to be implement in the company.