Diamond Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Blake Diamond

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Fast-paced work environment, work hard play hard culture, great people (in 4 reviews)

• 1,000,000 if I remember correctly) if you work for several years and recruit door-to-door salesmen to work on your team after working as a (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Door to door daily routine when starting to but the end goal is worth the time in the field 100% (in 8 reviews)

• Door to door sales is no fun at all (in 6 reviews)

1. "Commitment is everything"

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Diamond Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The manager: hard worker, motivator, down-to-earth, successful

The wealth of knowledge: I'm current pursuing my MBA and a lot I learned from Diamond I am able to apply to my degree program.

Cons

The hours.

Lower level employees will not have any family time.

Advice to Management

An hourly rate would help retain and motivate those with potential to reach management

2. "Lots of hours for little pay"

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Diamond Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I did not see any pros to working for this company

Cons

Long hours with little to no pay, commission based. Working outside basically door to door sales. Had to be at the office at 7 am and did not leave until 7 pm or after. This is a total commission based job and weekend hours are required. Total pyramid scheme and scam company. A year after leaving received letter in the mail to contact a lawyer regarding the wages that were owed to their "employees". Do not work for this company unless you intend to have no life outside of work and have no money as well.

Advice to Management

Stop selling people a false dream of making millions when the entry level employees hardly make enough to feed themselves.

3. "Sales Analyst"

Former Employee - Sales Analyst in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Analyst in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Diamond Consulting (Less than a year)

Pros

I didnt see any pros

Cons

They shared the office with two other "consulting" firms.

4. "MARKETING CONSULTANT"

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Diamond Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I moved with the new expansion team to Texas and love the new opportunity. I've already began our new financial campaign with my team of 13 and we have landed more than $430K in revenue in less than a month. The company culture & support has been amazing !! Went on the company yacht to see the eclipse yesterday on Lake Travis - was amazing

Pay is great and people are even better - miss Philly and our NYC office crew - but happy to be placed in this management role

Cons

honestly after three years - I have no complaints

Advice to Management

keep expanding - I've been to 56 of our offices worldwide but we need more

"Marketing Associate"

I worked at Diamond Consulting full-time

Pros

I love the atmosphere and culture at Diamond. They have a strong mentorship program and lots of networking opportunities. Coming to work every morning is very exciting!

Cons

It's a demanding role and require a lot of hard work so the hours are long but it is rewarding.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on developing and mentoring the staff. Keep the office environment light and engaging!

"Marketing Associate"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate

I have been working at Diamond Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

~Endless Opportunity for professional and personal development
    ~The entire staff is dedicated to helping you succeed, you aren't competing professionally with your co workers, instead, you're all working to better yourselves and each other as professionals and to drive the firm as a whole forward.
    ~The work hard play hard atmosphere is incredibly energizing and really allows you to bond with your coworkers in a way that I really don't believe any other firms I've ever worked at.
    ~Management truly cares about their staff, regardless of whose team you're on.

~If you are looking for a chance to truly grow personally and professionally and climb the ladder then this is the company for you. Especially for those with little or no experience, as long as you're willing to work hard and learn, they will give you a chance.

Cons

~Long hours
    ~Could use more team nights

Advice to Management

~I think management is going in the right direction, but I do feel as though potentially telling the staff how the campaign is doing nationwide comparatively may yield some interesting results or just boost the communication between staff and management.

7. "A little too old for all the running around."

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Diamond Consulting full-time

Pros

High energy and family environment. Always some type of music being played in every part of the office. As well as the company mixers/events

Cons

Very very very long hours. I made a lot of money but with my age it's a toll on my body. If your under 40 or body is somewhat manageable condition, you'll be fine.

Advice to Management

More then 2 team nights a week

"Falsely Advertised"

Former Employee - Marketing Associate
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate

I worked at Diamond Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The office is in a nice location.

Cons

Also advertised as Blue Square Concepts, Royal Solutions, among an unknown number of many other names, this company is a DOOR TO DOOR SALES JOB and DO NOT let them tell you otherwise! I am so convinced that actors were hired for my interview, for I never saw those who interviewed me again and the office environment in which I interviewed was completely different. The lobby is constantly filled with interviewees, something I should've noticed as a red flag immediately, but my naivety and desire for a job outweighed my suspicions. First, you do not have a salary when they present it to you that you are a salaried employee. Secondly, they do not reimburse you properly, for you are expected to take your own mode of transportation to territories for sales and will not be reimbursed for mileage in any way. Additionally, they carve out territories where I personally felt unsafe. Third, the hours are 12-8. You heard that right, noon to 8 PM. If interviewing, ask pointed questions to expose this company for taking advantage of employees! But of course, I suggest not wasting your time even applying and going to the interview. Spend your time job hunting for a legitimate company. They try to portray the company as a glamorous marketing firm who hosts lavish parties, has offices all over the world, and is expanding at a rate that you can not even imagine. Though I cannot speak to the numbers side of Blue Square/Diamond/Royal Solutions, I certainly can attest to the dirty office with exposed wiring and no desks/computers/electronic devices. Another "pull" they use to attract young professionals is that there is such a push for associates to make the leap to management so very quickly. Interestingly enough, there is only one "Manager" and the President in the office now. Not a team of management, like they portray. They invite their employees to drinking events where, though not pressured to drink, is another way to "prove" to potential employees that they have a work/life balance. Frankly, this can only be done so often because the work hours do not begin until 12 noon!

Advice to Management

Stop lying to those you're interviewing! Tell them straight up that this is a door-to-door sales job! Also, it would be beneficial to not present interviewees with a salary chart (what they can make) when in fact, they are not salaried employees and instead are on commission.

"Marketing Assoc."

Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Diamond Consulting (Less than a year)

Pros

If you enjoy bizarre hours and drinking a lot this is the place for you

Cons

Is a pyramid scheme through and through. Door to door sales in the worst parts of Philly.

Advice to Management

Be up front

"Valued Company"

Current Employee - Sales in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Sales in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Diamond Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

new opportunities to come with great and hard working people. The company has open its door for better living with cold workplace with lots of good stuffs within. CEO is one the most strategic, smart, business minded but kind boss ever.

Cons

No cons to share. Maybe traffic and some long hours of work.

Advice to Management

Always keep in mind your great work comes with determination.