Diamond Diagnostics Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Steven Kovacs

"Great 1st year at Diamond"

Current Employee - Engineer in Holliston, MA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Holliston, MA

I have been working at Diamond Diagnostics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Joined Diamond in 2016. On boarding was detailed and I received extensive training to ensure I was fully up to speed. Environment is friendly and as a new employee I was made to feel like part of the team immediately. The focus that Diamond has on quality and being customer service is great. Human Resources made me feel very welcomed and prepared for the job. My manager was hands on and supportive throughout the first year.

Cons

Every company has negatives and things to work on. I would like to see more company sponsored events throughout the year and not just seasonal. I realize this is minor in detail and does not speak about the true company itself. But, this is my perception and feeling. Otherwise, the only con I can really say is that it would be nice to have more casual days for the entire company.

Advice to Management

From what I can tell so far, there appears to be a welcome feeling from employees on the floor when management is out on the floor. In prior jobs, this was obsolete. For me, it's great to see other managers interacting with other departments that they may not interact with as part of their day to day. This creates a welcoming feeling for everyone and I would recommend that this continue.

"Do not work here"

Former Employee - Accounting Associate in Holliston, MA
    Former Employee - Accounting Associate in Holliston, MA

I worked at Diamond Diagnostics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros to this job, promise

Cons

Just about everything you can think of that you don't want in a job

"Run for your LIfe!"

I worked at Diamond Diagnostics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can't even give one

Cons

Pay is mediocre at best. The2 Kovacs brothers that run the company are like spoiled children. Disrespectful to Managers and even worse to the workers. The "Employee Handbook" says English speaking but the CEO speaks Hungarian any chance he gets to show off.

Advice to Management

Get some people skills, you should be ashamed of the way you speak to people. Going to church makes you a good Christian like me sitting in my garage makes me a car. Shame on you.

"Nice But.."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clinton, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clinton, MA

I worked at Diamond Diagnostics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast pace very demanding nice people competitive wages

Cons

Lots to say but as we all know with small businesses things can be tough

Advice to Management

Listen to your people and let them do their jobs you pay them for.

"Sales Manager"

Former Employee - Medical Equipment Producer in Holliston, MA
    Former Employee - Medical Equipment Producer in Holliston, MA

I worked at Diamond Diagnostics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Experience, professionalism, high standards, a lot of traveling

Cons

bad quality products, leaders of company do not listen to their employees, great fluctuation,

Advice to Management

get down to earth and if you hire someone, pay a little more attention to your coworkers and you might learn a lot.

"Diamond is not for everybody"

I worked at Diamond Diagnostics full-time

Pros

Friendly people. Salary was about on par for a similar position in the area.

Cons

Long hours expected from all employees. The company has a tendency to put people into roles that don't match with their experience and expect them to put in their own time to grow into those roles - this may be a pro for some people.

Advice to Management

Be more upfront with corporate culture and expectations to job applicants. This will help you find the right person both for the role and for the company.

"Communistic Dictatorship!!!!"

Former Employee - Secretary in Holliston, MA
    Former Employee - Secretary in Holliston, MA

I worked at Diamond Diagnostics full-time

Pros

The company had many nice employees and is ISO certified. Therefore, it was a nice team-based environment to work in and very organized. Very clean offices.

Cons

As the former right hand of the CEO, I had to witness several inappropriate and unprofessional ways of dealing with employees - if at the domestic office or foreign offices. The CEO is very bad tempered and has horrific peoples skills. He would engage in personal attacks and inappropriate emotional out-bursts. The CEO and his brother would constantly impose their extreme religious views on the staff as well as openly campaign their radical political views as Republicans via emails to all employees during election seasons.
    Engineers are extremely underpaid but forced to add more work hours for the same compensation. When talking to employees in private, most of them are severely unhappy at this company but feel "trapped" due to the limited job market.

When employees would leave the company, the CEO would still write emails through their email accounts in their names to avoid the shame of having such a high employee turn-over. The CEO also uses "alter-ego's" and fake names to communicate with clients. He would also communicate in his native language to his hired family members in front of staff. The company in general seems to hire people that are "desperate to get a job" in terms of high age, untrained skills, immigration status or family status - so the CEO can "tyrannize" them easier in their fear of loosing their jobs.

This blog does not have enough space to add all the other cons I could report about Diamond Diagnostics. All I can say is: THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR!

8. "Fair and good company to work for"

Former Employee - Sales in Holliston, MA
    Former Employee - Sales in Holliston, MA

Pros

Daimond has grown for the past eight years and because of this the owners Steven and Peter Kovacs have grown the business well. They focus on quailty and service to all thier customers. Each year their focus was on improviing quailty.

Cons

Growing company , so some growing pains, If I had not moved I would still work there.

Advice to Management

More management training

"Diamond Diagnostics a small company that exploits its workers."

Former Employee - Engineer in Holliston, MA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Holliston, MA

Pros

It is a small company. So you would have a personal relationship with every co worker. It was a very family like atmosphere.

Cons

It was a family like atmosphere which meant it was not a professional environment. There was no real training. The turn over rate was amazing with some people quitting after a few days. They gave two weeks of vacation but then told you you had to take a week at Xmas. There was no sick leave and you would have to use your vacation. One of my coworkers had a broken leg and had to use all the vacation time accured.

Advice to Management

They insisted I complete my work but would not train me to do it.

"Great company if you want to really work"

I have been working at Diamond Diagnostics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Growing company , if you apply yourself you can grow with the company. The owners are nice guys with a no nonsense approach to business

Cons

Growing company , sometimes it can be very demanding

Advice to Management

Employees that are a problem ,do not give them so many chances