Diamond Parking Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Experience"

Current Employee - Parking Attendant in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Parking Attendant in Pasadena, CA

Pros

Pay was better than States Minimum wage
    Autonomy
    Breaks

Cons

No room for promotions or raises

Advice to Management

None

"Burn em and turn em - their comment"

Current Employee - Parking Attendant in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Parking Attendant in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Diamond Parking full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great weekday schedule with full time hours and decent pay

Cons

- Management takes advantage of you
    - They expect you to work until you drop and get to lots at a certain time sharply and yells at you if you're late to it.
    - Throws you under the bus to city council for city lots
    - Lies, cheats, and brutal
    - Did I mention they abuse you?

Save yourself the trouble. Don't ever work here. Don't ever apply here. Just don't ever.

Advice to Management

Learn some management skills and treat your employees better with what their worth and not how they keep money flowing to your pockets.

"Keeping it real"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Diamond Parking (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some very great people work for this company.

Cons

Very outdated systems in place as well as very outdated thinking from the decision makers.

Advice to Management

There is no advice, they would not listen anyway.

"Internally flawed organization"

Current Employee - Data Processor in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Data Processor in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Diamond Parking full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There seemed to always be a sense of high employee moral within the organization. Some of the employees were family so that atmosphere was very dominant and apparent.

Cons

There always seemed to be this inherent glass ceiling within the organization and growth potential seemed limited at best. They didn't seem inclined to higher internally and there were a number of communication and service gaps that would haunt them in vital portions of the day.

Advice to Management

Try to develop a more empowered employee base due to the limited capacity they you have at your disposal. It will save you from having to stretch your workload.

5. "No hours and you drive your own car and use your own gas."

Current Employee - Lot Attendant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Lot Attendant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Diamond Parking part-time

Pros

The job is not that difficult, Good group of fellow employees, you work alone without someone on your back....except for the GPS of course.

Cons

You drive your own car to the lots and you are not reimbursed for gas. Limited to work under 25hrs a week. They blame Obama Care for cutting employee hours and not providing benefits, which is total BS. The Employer mandate hasn't even gone into effect and they were providing benefits before. This is just an excuse and a perfect opportunity for a greedy company to rake in more dough for the top.

Advice to Management

Don't lie to your employees about why you cut their hours and benefits. There are companies that have way fewer employees than you and make a whole lot less than you but still provide options for their employees....btw I love Obama Care, it saved my life from a serious heart condition. Thank you Obama. 👍

6. "The work is very easy but this is the ultimate dead end job."

Current Employee - Parking Attendaant in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Parking Attendaant in Long Beach, CA

Pros

This job is very easy. You either sit in a booth all day long and collect money or you walk around giving out parking tickets. I am a student and the job is very flexible with my schedule and I am often able to study for class when I work at the booth. The wage is also above minimum wage.

Cons

There is NO possibility for advancement. There are about 20 employees at our location. We are managed by two different bosses. One is the regional manager and the other is the manager for our location. Both of these managers were hired from the outside. Several of the employees have been working the same position for 10 years. There are never any promotions, or raises (unless it is an companywide raise to stay competitive). It's a super easy job but you will never get anywhere with it.

Advice to Management

This company needs to update it's collection machines. Customers often have to put money into these archaic boxes that are outdated.

7. "Overall a very easy job. Great introduction to customer service"

Current Employee - Valet in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Valet in Seattle, WA

Pros

Diamond parking is a great entry level job. It is especially satisfying if you like cars and working with people. Great college job.

Cons

There is not very much opportunity to move up in the company. You must have and maintain a relatively flawless driving record to be employed. Regular drug screening.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if there was more interaction with the managers. More frequent employee evaluations would be great as well.

8. "This is the Worse place I have ever worked in my life!"

Current Employee - Valet in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Valet in Tacoma, WA

Pros

They pay you on time, They are real good about denying any wrong doing.

Cons

Never fair treatment, never raises, their HR treats you like you are stupid when you complain. They are a business that treats their employees like garbage unless you put up with their abuse. This business is not about people, but about profit. You are nobody to them.

Advice to Management

I would screen your managers a bit more careful. These guys are getting away with abusing the worker's and lying to cover their own tracks when someone complains. This company is not what I had once believed it was. It is pure torture to work for.

9. "Parking Job"

Pros

Great flexibility as far as your schedule goes multiple locations to cater towards the best fit for you

Cons

Pay rate is not up to Par

Advice to Management

Have a better communication system in place

10. "Only Part-time Positions"

Current Employee - Accountant Staff
    Current Employee - Accountant Staff

I have been working at Diamond Parking part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a great place to work for if you're leaning towards the Accounting field but it's also a great place to build experiences even if you are not leaning towards the Accounting field.
    Great & Friendly co-workers
    Flexible hours

Cons

Diamond Parking is actually a very Great company to work for BUT the only downside of it is that they only offer part time positions. So if you are looking for a Full-time position, this is not the place for you unless you only want to be working under 25 hours a week.