Diamond Parking Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.2
Joel Diamond

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Say goodbye to your self respect."

Former Employee - Parking Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Parking Manager in Seattle, WA

Pros

At times you are giving opportunities beyond your scope of work, but don't think of asking for a raise. Once in a while you will get lunch.

Cons

They must have written Office Space after reviewing this company. From poor people management to ludicrous business decisions, this company has it all. Upper management would take your stapler if they thought it would make them a buck because you don't mean anything to them. There is zero morale in the company and count on your bonuses being reworked often, because they are never put in writing. There is a company "handbook" that outlines general things, like paid days off and uniform requirements, however there are no company procedures. It is all word of mouth, which means they hold all the cards and will terminate you when they deem convenient. I left months ago but I hear it has only gotten worse with the economic issues.

Advice to Management

Watch Office Space and take notes. When you manage by fear they will do their jobs only well enough to not get fired. By the way, those are people working for you.

2. "This is the Worse place I have ever worked in my life!"

Current Employee - Valet in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Valet in Tacoma, WA

Pros

They pay you on time, They are real good about denying any wrong doing.

Cons

Never fair treatment, never raises, their HR treats you like you are stupid when you complain. They are a business that treats their employees like garbage unless you put up with their abuse. This business is not about people, but about profit. You are nobody to them.

Advice to Management

I would screen your managers a bit more careful. These guys are getting away with abusing the worker's and lying to cover their own tracks when someone complains. This company is not what I had once believed it was. It is pure torture to work for.

"Lack of training. Diamond Parking is all about making the owner money, money, money."

Former Employee - City Manager
    Former Employee - City Manager

I worked at Diamond Parking full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work schedule was ok. Was able to work outside for part of each day. Also was able to work with people in a city environment.

Cons

Underpaid for the work required of you. You never know when the ax might be coming. No training at all. Poorly run company. I was the 4th person in my position in 5 years!!!!!

Advice to Management

Go public so you have to have some kind of HR rules

4. "No hours and you drive your own car and use your own gas."

Current Employee - Lot Attendant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Lot Attendant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Diamond Parking part-time

Pros

The job is not that difficult, Good group of fellow employees, you work alone without someone on your back....except for the GPS of course.

Cons

You drive your own car to the lots and you are not reimbursed for gas. Limited to work under 25hrs a week. They blame Obama Care for cutting employee hours and not providing benefits, which is total BS. The Employer mandate hasn't even gone into effect and they were providing benefits before. This is just an excuse and a perfect opportunity for a greedy company to rake in more dough for the top.

Advice to Management

Don't lie to your employees about why you cut their hours and benefits. There are companies that have way fewer employees than you and make a whole lot less than you but still provide options for their employees....btw I love Obama Care, it saved my life from a serious heart condition. Thank you Obama. 👍

"House of Cards"

Pros

Autonomy
    Nice fellow employees to work with

Cons

Upper management sits in ivory tower unaware of reality in the field. Management by intimidation.
    Zero training.

Advice to Management

Get out and look at your business. Especially look at managers in Eastside operations- they manipulate numbers to keep locations open to preserve bonuses. Regional Manager of area hides and never is around nor has a clue of what he is doing. Many locations are poorly run.

"Welcome to 1984."

Former Employee - Operations Manager
    Former Employee - Operations Manager

I worked at Diamond Parking full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They pay appropriately for the position but the position is inappropriately managed for the business needs of 2015.

Cons

The company is full of old systems, old thinking, fear-based management style, suspicious of their employees, poor morale across entire company and an overall sense of confusion and dread. They love to say there is NO TRAINING. Who, in the year 2015, would take pride in such a stupid statement? The person I reported to was completely over her head in her position and had a terrible management and communication style. She was the most unprofessional manager I have ever worked for yet she is praised for her obnoxious style. Birds of a feather.... The company/family has made incredible profits over the past century on the backs of their employees without reinvesting in a contemporary business environment. The turnover is astronomical and they seem to revel in the idea that those that didn't stay on somehow aren't worthy. Newsflash---some people simply don't want to be a part of your ugly, unprofessional, antiquated, unprincipled environment. Sadly, like many businesses that have been monetarily validated over many years, they refuse to look at their own behavior, practices and reputation. Just because you continue to squeeze blood out of the unknowing, doesn't mean you should take pride in your practices. Beware and think carefully before entering into business with these people.

Advice to Management

Reread the above paragraph.

"Area Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Diamond Parking full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A decent paycheck while you are there.

Cons

Everything, The people you work with, the NO training, zero forward thinking management team. Back stabbers, love to talk about people behind their backs and thrive on negative situations and breeds negativity. Extreme foul mouths in the office setting no matter is you are with prospective employees or not. The list goes on. HORRIBLE and these people should be ashamed and shut down!

Advice to Management

GET A LIFE AND READ A LOT OF SELF HELP BOOKS!

"Very poor upper management."

I have been working at Diamond Parking full-time

Pros

Hours team you create. Pay

Cons

Management style 80s private company. To many chiefs.

Advice to Management

Get rid of your upper management and let the people you hire do there jobs.

"Skip working here!"

Pros

Non-managerial co-workers super nice. Good benefits.

Cons

Not respectful towards everyone-after a month, I only went there because it was a job and it paid the bills, not because I enjoyed being around the people I worked with. When they interview you, they give the impression that everything was happy and everyone was bestfriends. Also, REALLY high turn over rate. No room for growth.

Advice to Management

Please make sure that all managers go through customer service training (so they know how to treat other co-workers). Find out why so many people are so unhappy working at Diamond and are leaving the company on their own accord. Keep an open ear whenever people have new ideas.

"Terrible company"

Former Employee - Diamond Route Attendant in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Diamond Route Attendant in Seattle, WA

I worked at Diamond Parking full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice middle managers, flexible schedule. Hopefully they have changed since I worked there in 2012.

Cons

Horrible upper management. No raises, ever. No benefits. If you are full time, you are let go after a year. I worked there part time for 2 years. For the first 6 months, I didn't have the keys to two of my lock boxes, and even after many attempts to get them, they were never provided. They gave everyone a list of lots to check, with names like A949. No mention about where the lot is, just go out and find it, "We think it might be on Pike St." I would get lost for hours, but nothing was ever said to me about lack of productivity. It seemed like management cared less than I did about how many lots I checked in a day. You drive around in your personal car and there is no reimbursement for mileage. The only people you come into contact with are angry because you just wrote them a ticket. Very lonely, boring job.

Advice to Management

Drive route with checker at least once so that they are not hopelessly lost.