Diamond Parking Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

1. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Cashier-Dispatcher in Anchorage, AK
    Former Employee - Cashier-Dispatcher in Anchorage, AK

I worked at Diamond Parking (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly environment, friendly employees. Great rates

Cons

Fast paced and multiple things continuously going on

Advice to Management

N/A

"Internally flawed organization"

Current Employee - Data Processor in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Data Processor in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Diamond Parking full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There seemed to always be a sense of high employee moral within the organization. Some of the employees were family so that atmosphere was very dominant and apparent.

Cons

There always seemed to be this inherent glass ceiling within the organization and growth potential seemed limited at best. They didn't seem inclined to higher internally and there were a number of communication and service gaps that would haunt them in vital portions of the day.

Advice to Management

Try to develop a more empowered employee base due to the limited capacity they you have at your disposal. It will save you from having to stretch your workload.

3. "No hours and you drive your own car and use your own gas."

Current Employee - Lot Attendant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Lot Attendant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Diamond Parking part-time

Pros

The job is not that difficult, Good group of fellow employees, you work alone without someone on your back....except for the GPS of course.

Cons

You drive your own car to the lots and you are not reimbursed for gas. Limited to work under 25hrs a week. They blame Obama Care for cutting employee hours and not providing benefits, which is total BS. The Employer mandate hasn't even gone into effect and they were providing benefits before. This is just an excuse and a perfect opportunity for a greedy company to rake in more dough for the top.

Advice to Management

Don't lie to your employees about why you cut their hours and benefits. There are companies that have way fewer employees than you and make a whole lot less than you but still provide options for their employees....btw I love Obama Care, it saved my life from a serious heart condition. Thank you Obama. 👍

5. "Cashier"

Former Employee - Cashier in Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Spokane, WA

I worked at Diamond Parking part-time (More than a year)

Pros

They were flexible on my hours and it was easy work.

Cons

Sometimes customers would be very angry and I'd need to deal with that.

6. "The work is very easy but this is the ultimate dead end job."

Current Employee - Parking Attendaant in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Parking Attendaant in Long Beach, CA

Pros

This job is very easy. You either sit in a booth all day long and collect money or you walk around giving out parking tickets. I am a student and the job is very flexible with my schedule and I am often able to study for class when I work at the booth. The wage is also above minimum wage.

Cons

There is NO possibility for advancement. There are about 20 employees at our location. We are managed by two different bosses. One is the regional manager and the other is the manager for our location. Both of these managers were hired from the outside. Several of the employees have been working the same position for 10 years. There are never any promotions, or raises (unless it is an companywide raise to stay competitive). It's a super easy job but you will never get anywhere with it.

Advice to Management

This company needs to update it's collection machines. Customers often have to put money into these archaic boxes that are outdated.

7. "Overall a very easy job. Great introduction to customer service"

Current Employee - Valet in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Valet in Seattle, WA

Pros

Diamond parking is a great entry level job. It is especially satisfying if you like cars and working with people. Great college job.

Cons

There is not very much opportunity to move up in the company. You must have and maintain a relatively flawless driving record to be employed. Regular drug screening.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if there was more interaction with the managers. More frequent employee evaluations would be great as well.

8. "This is the Worse place I have ever worked in my life!"

Current Employee - Valet in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Valet in Tacoma, WA

Pros

They pay you on time, They are real good about denying any wrong doing.

Cons

Never fair treatment, never raises, their HR treats you like you are stupid when you complain. They are a business that treats their employees like garbage unless you put up with their abuse. This business is not about people, but about profit. You are nobody to them.

Advice to Management

I would screen your managers a bit more careful. These guys are getting away with abusing the worker's and lying to cover their own tracks when someone complains. This company is not what I had once believed it was. It is pure torture to work for.

"Say goodbye to your self respect."

Former Employee - Parking Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Parking Manager in Seattle, WA

Pros

At times you are giving opportunities beyond your scope of work, but don't think of asking for a raise. Once in a while you will get lunch.

Cons

They must have written Office Space after reviewing this company. From poor people management to ludicrous business decisions, this company has it all. Upper management would take your stapler if they thought it would make them a buck because you don't mean anything to them. There is zero morale in the company and count on your bonuses being reworked often, because they are never put in writing. There is a company "handbook" that outlines general things, like paid days off and uniform requirements, however there are no company procedures. It is all word of mouth, which means they hold all the cards and will terminate you when they deem convenient. I left months ago but I hear it has only gotten worse with the economic issues.

Advice to Management

Watch Office Space and take notes. When you manage by fear they will do their jobs only well enough to not get fired. By the way, those are people working for you.

10. "Great Company"

I worked at Diamond Parking full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very friendly people, team spirit. Very reliable and flexible management, Union is available and growth within the company is also considered.

Cons

Layoff can be expected anytime, whenever the management loses a garage. No bonus or any charismas gifts. Good Luck with your choice.

Advice to Management

Need to automate all the parking garage ticket dispenser and cash payment system for fast and efficient service. Keep up the good work.

11. "Manager"

I worked at Diamond Parking full-time

Pros

You are left on your own and can miss a ton of work

Cons

Worst upper management I have ever worked for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    They are MEN only and don't want women in the workforce.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes, Welcome to the 2016