Dick Smith Shift Supervisor Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 7 reviews

4.0
Dick Smith CEO Nicholas Abboud
Nicholas Abboud
  1. "Assistant store manager/ Sales Assistant"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant/Shift Supervisor in Perth, Western Australia

I worked at Dick Smith for more than 9 years

Pros

Chatting to the customers & having a great laugh.

Cons

Cleaning of a big store all the time.

Advice to Management

Lazy.

Dick Smith2016-05-01

"Dicksmith"

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor

I have been working at Dick Smith part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

dicksmith is a great place to work and so many opportunities to succeed and move through the business.

Cons

there is no cons at all working in a dicksmith store it is truly the best place that i have worked at.

Dick Smith2015-09-27

Dick Smith Response

September 29, 2015Communications & Engagement Manager

Great to hear! Let us know if there is anything else we can do to support your journey with us! -D

3. "Paradise... or something like that"

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor/Assistant Store Manager in Taree

I have been working at Dick Smith full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

It's great working with new technology every day, Helping people to understand how it works and providing them with the perfect solution for their problem building rapport and positive customer relationships. earning commissions and achieving goals

Cons

Dealing with customers problems when the customer expects unrealistic outcomes. Keeping on top of the daily tasks while trying to serve all the customers and keep head office happy all with not enough staff (Just like every other industry cutting more and more staff)

Advice to Management

Give us more hours to spend in the stores again, people do not like waiting, give all stores access to the products people want especially IPAD and Mac

Dick Smith2015-07-28
  4. "Tight budgets are killing passion within the business"

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Melbourne

I have been working at Dick Smith full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Great product range, friendly customers, fast paced environment, great incentives, a select few inspiring managers

Cons

Margins for electronics retail are very tight and wages are being cut, it's difficult to prevent theft when there aren't enough staff on the floor. Managers aren't focused on their store, but sometimes a number of others, most managers don't have enough time to actually help staff and invest in their professional development.

Advice to Management

Invest in your loyal staff members and inspire them to become store managers. By under staffing and stressing them out they don't want to take on more responsibilities.

Dick Smith2015-07-16
  5. "Love My Job"

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor/Assistant Store Manager in Perth, Western Australia

I have been working at Dick Smith part-time

Pros

Always something to do, high paced, fun environment. Get to work with the latest tech and be the first to try out awesome new products, commission is great, helping people solve their problems is also a great plus.

Cons

Customers can be grumpy, but hey, you get that wherever you work

Dick Smith2015-06-23

"dreadful"

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Gold Coast

I have been working at Dick Smith

Pros

You get to work around the latest consumer tech. However the novelty wears off quickly.

Cons

No wages given to have the customer service level the company expects staff to give. Massive workload for the staff that work in the stores. company sells homebrand products at exhorbant non competitive prices. A lot of unpaid training nights the company expects you to attend. Company makes an effort to make commision unachievable . Worst retail electronic consumer store to work for. avoid at all costs. The entire back...

Advice to Management

Respect the sales people that work at your store, they are the face of your company. All your planning, advertisment on TV ,internet and radio count for nothing if the sales assitant hates the company they work for.

Dick Smith2015-07-20
  7. "Great place to work for."

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor

I have been working at Dick Smith part-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Great group of people, motivated to achieve their goals. Many of us are university students. Management offer good flexibility for study. Got promoted after a year and a half of showing good ability.

Cons

- Company going through some changes currently. - Very low wages given to management, meaning some days we are understaffed and stressed

Advice to Management

There are a few bad eggs, but most of them are great.

Dick Smith2013-07-28