Dickinson Fleet Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bob Dickinson

1. "Couldn't have asked for anything BETTER!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Dickinson Fleet Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a company that has soared over the last few years and not only is the company mission geared towards it's customers but also to it's employees as well. At least within my department and many others that I have seen there is no micro managing, everyone is held up to a standard and their responsibilities. Pay for all employees I believe is well above average.

Cons

If I had to say anything it would be the benefit package as far as medical and vacation could be better but at this point in the economy not too many companies benefits are that amazing anymore.

Advice to Management

So far so good

2. "Fleet Manager - National Accounts"

Current Employee - Fleet Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Fleet Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Dickinson Fleet Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay is slightly above average but that's the only true incentive for staying at Dickinson. The remaining compensation package does not include any 401(k) matching (even the slightest), and does not have a bonus incentive package laid out for ALL management employees.

Cons

Incentive-based programs for non-upper management. Bonuses go to the VP's, Sales Dept, and ownership. All other managers have ZERO incentives for bonuses.
    Bonuses to owners and upper management are VERY significant. But Fleet Manager bonuses are no longer in effect. The workload will continue to pile up until you're unable to keep your head above water and begin to see dis-satisfaction from the customer.
    Lastly, there is currenlty ZERO match on 401(K) programs. The only true PRO for this company is the decent pay, but nothing else.

Advice to Management

Provide bonus incentives for ALL levels of management. Every other service providers/competitors, offer performance incentives for top performing management personnel.

Dickinson Fleet Services Response

Mar 25, 2017 – CEO

Dickinson Fleet Services does have incentive plans, even for our Techicians. When someone comes to work for DFS, they know exactly what the compensation plan will be. If they want a job that has ... More

3. "Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

This is a growing, stable company that will give you all the responsibility and work that you want if you show that you are willing to do the work. In addition, they are in the 50th to 75th percentile in wages throughout the US. This is a company led by a family that believes that the work solution they are offering is better than anything out in the field for fleet maintenance, and invest to prove it.

Cons

It takes a while to understand the vision of the company; it's fast paced and if you are not used to that you have to adjust the way you work and think

Advice to Management

Make sure you communicate openly and often with your workforce. They are looking for the opportunity to excel.

5. "Sales Executive"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Houston, TX

I have been working at Dickinson Fleet Services full-time

Pros

phenominal company, great opportunities, on a mission to triple size in 5 year, unique value prop.

Cons

none really they are focused on being the best

Advice to Management

continue to hire the best and most qualified people

6. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Been with Dickinson Fleet for 2 yrs Family owned Company that is growing fast with opportunity for advancement Great place to work

Cons

Atlanta traffic need to open branch in Hawaii

Advice to Management

Buy a Company Yacht

7. "Great company to work for!!!! Owner is a cool guy to work for, he looks out for the employees.?"

Current Employee - Mechanic in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Mechanic in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dickinson Fleet Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of work, and plenty of ot

Cons

It's what you make of your career

Advice to Management

More structure in the company

8. "Great Place to Work!!!"

Current Employee - Management in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Management in Tampa, FL

Pros

Established and growing company that provides ample opportunities for personal growth and career advancement!! The atmosphere around the office is extremely friendly and encourages teamwork. We have become very involved in local community outreach programs/fundraisers that inspires everyone to get involved in supporting their local communities.

Cons

It would be nice to have an option to purchase extra vacation days as part of our benefit package

Advice to Management

It's encouraging to see the number of employees who have been promoted from within the company as opportunists arise. Very inspiring!

9. "Great Place to work and build a career"

Former Employee - RSM in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - RSM in Tampa, FL

I worked at Dickinson Fleet Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Dickinson Fleet Services was a great place to work with others that share the same passion and drive for truck maintenance and safety. There's room to build a career and move up in the company.

Cons

I have nothing to hide, my time with Dickinson Fleet Services was a top notch. I really enjoyed every part

Advice to Management

Working with all employees and making them feel like family has worked this long, don't change a thing

10. "Great People"

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Dickinson Fleet Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I truly enjoy working with everyone at Dickinson Fleet Services. It's a very diverse and modern company that's growing by leaps and bounds each year. The advancement opportunities are endless.

Cons

At times it does seem as though we are short-staffed in some areas, which in turn puts additional work on others.

Advice to Management

A more precise SOP for training in ALL departments.

"Great so far"

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Dickinson Fleet Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

So far my employment with Dickinson Fleet Services has been a great experience. My manager is caring and understanding, while on the other hand constantly pushes me to do better. I left a very secure job to take a chance with this company and so far I have made the right decision.

Cons

None right now that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Take the time to listen to your employees while not being distracted with other issues.