Diebold Nixdorf Reviews | Glassdoor

Diebold Nixdorf Reviews

Updated May 24, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Bad work life balance, no proper processes in place (in 20 reviews)

• CSM's has very little power and upper management doesn't reward for performance (in 39 reviews)

1. "Customer Solution Manager"

Former Employee - Service Manager in Canton, OH
    Former Employee - Service Manager in Canton, OH

I worked at Diebold Nixdorf full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company had good medical and a long history. The employee's and Peers were good to work with. They appeared to have a common goal and worked for it.

Cons

Company had trouble making profitable numbers and needed to make changes. There has been many changes which have made the long term employees unhappy. The company is not funcition as it did in the past. This has caused much of the dissatisfaction within the former employees as change always does.

2. "From Entry level to Managemen"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Diebold Nixdorf full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunities are always coming your way, as are challenges.

Cons

Some instability during the merger process.

Advice to Management

Continue to try and be fair, just make sure you are evaluating all of the benefits of each move in terms of long term benefits.

"This company will run you into the ground !"

Former Employee - Customer Solutions Engineer II/Team Leader in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Solutions Engineer II/Team Leader in Seattle, WA

I worked at Diebold Nixdorf full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

you get to work on a variety of equipment; money was ok, but their incentive system was skewed, and just when you thought you had it figured out, they would change it again. The discord between the service teams and upper management was very evident.

Cons

I worked for almost 10 years with this company and was a team leader for 5+ years.
    They canned all of the older employees and bought out their retirement plans to build cash reserves to buy nixdorf. After the older knowledgable employees left, there was a serious issue with getting info/phone help to fix anything. Raises were put on hold for years, and even though some of us stuck it out hoping it would get better, in the end guys were jumping ship like rats. I stayed on, and eventually got laid off. I got no help from HR when issues arose. I wouldnt put any of this on my local manager, his hands were tied by upper management who was very disconnected from what was really going on day to day in the field. near the end my team was disgruntled and tired. I once worked 42 days in a row because we were so understaffed. If I were you, I'd look elsewhere for employment...

Advice to Management

pull your head out listen to the field techs, we see it day to day. Reimpliment the suggestion system, and USE IT.

"Good Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

I have been working at Diebold Nixdorf full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

big company
    many opportunities
    new systems
    decent pay

Cons

need more training
    new management
    new company

"Finally people are focusing on sales and service"

Current Employee - Client Account Executive in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Client Account Executive in Akron, OH

I have been working at Diebold Nixdorf full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Diebold became the leader in the industry by doing two things: delivering the best service and retaining and paying the sales force. Customers still want us as part of their future.

Cons

Upper management became obsessed with the P&L and forgot to what gave made us the leaders of the industry, we have neglected technicians and sales associates for too long.

Advice to Management

Recent changes in sales leadership seem to be going in the right direction, we feel sales are now being given their rightful place. Remember this is a process and some encouraging first steps are being taken. The new compensation plan, additional incentives, more honest and open management style, but we you need to keep building on this and deliver on the promises. I rated our Americas Senior management a 3 but if they deliver on their promises definitely would be a five.

"Associate Project Manager"

Current Employee - Associate Project Manager in Green, OH
    Current Employee - Associate Project Manager in Green, OH

I have been working at Diebold Nixdorf full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility to manage projects and workday as needed; Benefits include med/dent, life ins, vacation, sick days, flex spending accts for health/childcare, 401k; Free access to computer base courses for continuing education and PMP prep.

Cons

Numerous changes at director level in recent years have resulted in many policy/process changes but no time for process improvement or fostering professional development in current employees; Every department trimmed too thin right now, large workloads

Advice to Management

Add back a few employees in each department so that everyone can have a more manageable workload. This would allow projects to be run more efficiently, increase customer satisfaction, minimize rework, recognize revenue faster.

8. "Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Diebold Nixdorf full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good company to start work and good opportunities to learn.
    The company provide chance to met people from different countries.

Cons

Not pay extra time when need travel and there is no career plan define.
    The company should be help on this too.

Advice to Management

Should be do more meetings to talk with your team and see what's going on with they.

"Worst company ever!!!!"

Former Employee - Associate Service Technician in Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Associate Service Technician in Hollywood, CA

I worked at Diebold Nixdorf full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

No Pros working for this company. There are very good technician that deserve better than this company and have great personalities.

Cons

Management are not honest and company does not pay enough for the work that is performed. It really is not a good company to work for.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to employees and respect them

"Good people - Poor Work-Life Balance,"

Former Employee - Service Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Service Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Great people working in the front lines (technicians/software engineers). Good training. Can be a fun job if you don't mind working 80-90 hours a week.

Cons

Terrible work-life balance, upper management cares very little about employees. Managers are given ridiculous workload and expectations (I had over 40 direct reports when I left). Products are average but maybe Wincor can provide a boost to the quality of their ATMs. Constant layoffs while I was there.

"Job Site Coordinator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Pros

Not too many good things to say since Andy Mattes became CEO.

Cons

Work load is well beyond what one person can effectively and efficiently manage. Skilled personnel were let go to bring in cheaper less experienced people. Stocks show company going down the tube.

Advice to Management

Doesn't really matter they didn't listen then they definitely won't listen now.