Diebold Nixdorf 714 Reviews | Glassdoor

Diebold Nixdorf Reviews

Updated February 22, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Bad work life balance, no proper processes in place (in 20 reviews)

• Upper management seem to have abandoned our department (in 37 reviews)

1. "Billing coordinator"

I have been working at Diebold Nixdorf full-time

Pros

Company is moving in a positive direction. Hard work is awarded.

Cons

Lack of training I. Some areas but the company is striving to fix this.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage growth within.

2. "Physical Security tech"

Pros

I honestly can't think of any pros outside of the vehicle, cell phone and WiFi. Run..don't walk in the other direction.

Cons

The workload is ridiculous. The pay is a joke. They take on more work without an increase in pay. We're expected to service equipment we haven't had training on. They also want us to sell equipment to customers for a "bonus". I was hired as a locksmith not a damn salesman. Diebold is joke, I'm looking for a way out.

Advice to Management

Get your head out of your rearends! Pay people what they are worth. No raises, no bonuses, not even a cost of living increase. Forget about a promotion.

3. "Good people - Poor Work-Life Balance,"

Former Employee - Service Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Service Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Great people working in the front lines (technicians/software engineers). Good training. Can be a fun job if you don't mind working 80-90 hours a week.

Cons

Terrible work-life balance, upper management cares very little about employees. Managers are given ridiculous workload and expectations (I had over 40 direct reports when I left). Products are average but maybe Wincor can provide a boost to the quality of their ATMs. Constant layoffs while I was there.

"Job Site Coordinator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Pros

Not too many good things to say since Andy Mattes became CEO.

Cons

Work load is well beyond what one person can effectively and efficiently manage. Skilled personnel were let go to bring in cheaper less experienced people. Stocks show company going down the tube.

Advice to Management

Doesn't really matter they didn't listen then they definitely won't listen now.

"Find the middle"

Pros

Good benefits, great work environment, always changing, never a dull moment.

Cons

Long hours, may work holidays and weekends. Sometimes your best isn't good enough

7. "No transparency, poor leadership"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in North Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in North Canton, OH

I have been working at Diebold Nixdorf full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good work/life balance
    Decent benefits
    Great co-workers

Cons

Management cannot make decisions
    Employees have no responsibility or empowerment
    Decisions are announced but then management waffles
    When lay-offs come, they often get rid of their best workers because those are the ones making the most money
    People are constantly thrown into roles they haven't been trained for and expected to succeed even though the company will not train them or even have someone mentor them
    No raises for many years, no bonuses, no cost-of-living adjustments. Costs go up but salaries don't go up with them.

Advice to Management

We need better leadership
    Employees need to be empowered
    People who make decisions need to be better informed
    Stop losing good talent by laying off your best workers and not giving raises for so many years

"Office"

Pros

Variety in daily work. Health Benefits are good.

Cons

Very political. You have to know the hiring manager to advance & they have to like you. Job postings are a formality & does not not matter if you have the qualifications

Advice to Management

Stop cheating the employees who want to advance but are forced to leave because they can't advance.

"Long Hours, Not enough people"

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Cranbury, NJ
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Cranbury, NJ

Pros

Good benefits, including health, 401k and perks. Company car is provided and tools like smart phone and laptop.

Cons

extremely long hours, including nights, weekends and holidays. It doesn't matter you have already worked 20 hours OT they still expect you to do more and they questioned you why there is so many service calls not been completed when there is only 3 techs to cover all the area that 6 people used to cover. More equipment and products to serve yet they dont give a raise for training taken.

Advice to Management

If you don't want your customers screaming on why they haven't get service and you don't want your best people to leave then hire more people. I still don't know how paying so much OT and outside contractors is cost effective.

"Prepare for the worst"

Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Diebold Nixdorf full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Diebold provide company car, gas card and all the over-time you want.

Cons

Diebold do not give raises every year. Managers do not care about your health or safety. If a senior technician does not like you, manager will try their best to get replace you. Doesn't matter if you got previous skills or certificates. Diebold has a high turn over rate. So do not get comfortable and always be prepared to find a new job.

Advice to Management

My advice for upper management, I will have to say please take the time to do an internal investigation on the DFW branch in Texas. Due to the simple fact during that Dallas shooting on July 7, 2016, the on-duty manager had several technicians stuck around that area. Begging other other technicians to pick up the those where stuck in that general main area. Put there life into danger. When Diebold provide security service for any type of situation that occurs. I have witnessed discrimination towards other associates. I've seen and spoke to other associates that report to their manager bout discrimination. Yet the manager did not resolve the issue nor discipline matters happens. I truly believe, if upper management take the time to read this review. They need to take the time to do a real deep internal investigation on the DFW branch in Texas.

"Keep Looking for something else,"

Current Employee - CSE
    Current Employee - CSE

I have been working at Diebold Nixdorf full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company car, cell phone, nice shirts.

Cons

Old school - unskilled management, that doesn't care about high employee turn around. Zero work life balance. Low compensation, under staffed, frugal mentality always trying to save money the wrong way.

Advice to Management

Learn to say no when upper management or customer requests are unreasonable. Take a class or seminar to learn management, organizational and people skills.